South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good afternoon everyone. I am mid-way through my first day on Phase 1. Doing pretty well so far - not having any major cravings (yet). I just had a salad with avocado and tofu on it. I'm not a meat-lover, so I try to get my protein in with tofu, shrimp, crab and a little cheese. I'll eat meat, but my preferred way is with stuffing, rice or bread and that's OUT for me.... Got to the grocery store and bought a whole buncha stuff. I'm not following the meal plans, just bought stuff that was on the approved list and will go from there. If I go with my taste buds a little instead of the plan, I won't feel so deprived. I hope!

I have to figure out when I'm going to exercise. Church was at 8:00, and I have choir at 6:30, so I think I'll do it when I get home. Otherwise, I'd have to shower and do hair all over again and I'm just too lazy for that.

Kara - Wal-Mart in Quebec (vacation) has those little carts you mention. They are too cute, but definitely need some bumpers on them for everyone's heels. I'm with you on the laundry. I like to wash it and hang it on the line, but I hate folding and putting it away. About a year ago I started sorting by WHOSE clothes they were instead of color, and it works a lot better. I'll just fold the whole basket and make everyone put their own away. Since it's only once a week, I don't get many complaints.

Spirit - yikes! That sounds like such an ordeal. I hope your continued weight loss gets rid of those episodes. Will it?

Ruth - where in Ontario are you? I'm about 1/2 hour SE of Buffalo, NY. We used to travel quite a lot into Canada. Not so much now with gas and the dollar. We only go once a year now all the way up into Quebec. North Bay is halfway for us.

Femme - Wow, I am just dreaming of my garden now. It will be at least two months before I can put any seeds into the ground. Our asparagus will be ready to harvest this year, though!!! I have to plant my spinach and lettuce in the planters soon - they're early crops for us.

Time to go do some laundry!

I am anxious to get on the scale tomorrow. I've been a very good girl today and considering my recent eating habits, I should see a change.

My bodyfat % was 40% just recently. Hope that goes down, too.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #32  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Cat, I certainly wouldn't be bugging him to get that lawnmower repaired any time soon! The only time I've had to mow the grass is when Tom was away at a school for six weeks and I was home with Connor and Kadyn (pregnant with Avery). It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to get up so early to do it to avoid having two young ones underfoot.

Ruth, enjoy your drive and do be careful! You'll have to let us know when "Sirp" Season starts!!!

LC, good luck with the Wing Nut Crew! You crack me up!

TN, thanks for the compliment! You're sweet! Enjoy your spring break and I hope those toes start co-operating to give you some nice, relaxing days!

Fluffy, I'm glad you got to the store. I think the meal plans are a bit contrived, and I had a hard time following them because there was no built-in leftover night! I had a fridge full of leftovers and didn't know what to do with them until I realized I could just follow the guidelines myself. Duh.

The laundry still isn't folded. I conveniently "forgot" it in Kadyn's room and she's napping. Shucks. I'll have to do it later.

Got on line to get the black bean brownie recipe. I'm going to try it yet again...

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-02-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks! I am exhausted...
We had kids sleep over last night. And DD1 called from Arizona at 12:30AM where she was having some trauma, which got me worried enough to not sleep much more. I know I was up until 3. Then DH woke me at 8:30 for a phone call, which turned out to be the neighbor kid. Could have killed them both! Don't mess with my sleep!

Look at my ticker!!! I went with 2 lbs. down. Once the scale registered three pounds, but that was when it was sitting on an uneven place on the tile, so I went with two, although I was tempted. Just so relieved that it has moved at all. I'm starting to believe i might actually see the 80's again one day. Look Ruth! We are twins!

I made a pot of the lentil stew this morning and took it to my Grandma's to have lunch together, then we went swimming for a couple of hours (not my Grandma tho). Now we are all so beat from the exercise and lack of sleep, the kids are just lying on the couch. I think I'll go read for a bit or veg in front of the TV before I start dinner.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-02-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

YAY!!! I made it through day one of Phase I... wooo hoooo!

I even stayed at the opposite end of the meeting room where all the snacks were when choir was over, so I didn't snitch a bit! This is groundbreaking for me. I think I'm finally in the right mindset.

Downside - I didn't get to work out. It's now 9PM and very close to my bedtime. If I exercise now, I won't sleep and that's a problem. I'll do it tomorrow. Promise.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #35  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Wow you gals were chatty today. It was another busy one for me, my ating was perfect I did a 4 mile walk at the ball park this afternoon and now it's bed time.

Schmoodle I like that ticker - Cograts on your loss!!!

Spirit I hope your feeling better

Chat at yall tomorrow
Closed Thread