South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

My kids are 11,9,6,4. Most days they're really good shopping, but with starting the SB, I know there would be some things I'm not quite sure where to find them. It's when I have to do things like that they tend to act up as I"m not keeping them involved. If I know where things are and what I'm getting, I just stand in the middle of the aisle and point, say "I need 3 cans of Hunts tomato sauce" and off one of them goes. I keep all four going until the aisle has been shopped, then we move on. It helps that my store is small, too.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #17  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Our commissary in Korea just got these adorable little shopping carts that fit my three year old perfectly. They had flags that stood up high and said "Customer in Training"! It was the most beautiful way to keep her from being bored. 'Course, that meant that my six year old had to push a regular cart, so as to not be uninvolved. So, we made quite a caravan. Kadyn in front with her little cart (so she didn't run into anyone's heels). Me behind her pushing the baby in the stroller. And then Connor behind me with the big cart (that was usually empty, but he was pushing something so that's what was important).

I can totally see you in the middle of the aisle barking out orders! Too funny!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-01-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #18  

Robert came over today and spent three hours getting a pickup load of his stuff. He still has a ton to get and now that he has gotten a storage unit he can pick up more stuff when he can next get a friend to accompany him. He isn't allowed to come over by himself because of the assault. I am glad he had Michael with him today because we also had to do the inventory and he wasn't being reasonable about the values and Michael talked reason into him. It looks like I'll probably have to pay him $1,600 because of stuff that I am keeping but it could be worse.

Brian got a chance to visit with Michael's fifth grade son which was good too. While Brian was with his Dad this afternoon, I managed a trip to Tandy Leather for stuff for camp, bought gas (ouch!) and got my car inspected. I had a crockpot of chili going all day so it made dinner easy.

Tomorrow is Faith Formation and church. Then I drop off Brian with Robert and head to the district warehouse to see how much archery stuff we need to order for camp. I THINK I'll have time to get grocery shopping done before it's time to pick up Brian.

Now it's late and we need to go to bed as soon as Chamber of Secrets finishes. I'm reading Sorcerer's Stone to Brian still.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Kara I agree we need a quilting club. I wish I could find a pattern that I saw near Lancaster when I lived that way. It was called either Country Rose or Country Bride. It was a basket of flowers with ribbons and very stunning.

Had a major scare last night. I had an episode of Heart Arrythmia called Atrial fibrilition and ended up in ER. We had to drive through a snow storm. ( I trust my husband's driving more than an ambulance) They were able to get it to stop before they had to zap me with the defibrilator.
I am going to look through my labs this morning and see if I can figure out what the heck is going on. I never had an problems like that before.

I feel like I have a hangover this morning.
Extra motive to get the weight off. You won't see me straying til its down I'll tell you.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We slept in this morning, now Jake is rushing around getting ready so we can have breakfast with the gang.
I think Jake is going to go help a friend with some carpentry work this afternoon, so maybe I'll have a few hours to myself until the kids come over for supper.

It's sunny and gorgeous out there today!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yikes, Spirit! Are you okay? It sounds terrifying! I'm glad it stopped before they had to defibrilate you!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

I feel like the morning after the night before but otherwise okay. I can feel when my heart goes into the arrythmia. I just hope I don't have to go back. That doc was downright trigger happy she was disappointed she didn't get to play with the buzzer.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

Happy Sunday, everyone! I fell off and vanished for a bit, but I am back on track, and in the grand scheme of things, I was still eating good at least 2/3 of the time, so my spirits are up and my scale still made me smile. Our treadmill has been broken and the weather has been so snowy and yucky that my exercising was non-existent. This weekend we got a new treadmill though, so I am ready for action! Congrats on all of your own successes and thanks for being such a great gang.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunny Sunday Morning!

Today is the day I get into my car and drive down to the store to gt a newspaper or milk or bread or anything just to prove I can. My lane is still not ploughed but I think I can just gun it and get out. The snow should start to melt today with all the sunshine.

No time to do personals for everyone but I do love this chatty group. I love reading about your families and kidlets and their adventures.

Spirit, I am in shock for you. Be careful!

A quilting group? Well, you can't eat when you quilt so it's not a bad hobby. I'm new to it since September but am completely addicted. I've always sewn a lot so do have those skills but there sure is a lot to learn about quilting. Luckily my "baby" sister is an expert and I can brain-pick from her a lot.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #25  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quickly running through to wish everyone a great Sunday...
have to go exercise, then tub, then hit the road..

We are having wonderful weather here, so took advantage of it yesterday and started putting our new little vegetable garden together. The back yard looks really ratty right now after the freezes we had, but hopefully will be cleaned up soon. (Yeah, I know my fence looks awful too...we lost the "good" one in Katrina and decided to put up a wire fence and grow star jasmine on it...then if it ever comes down in a storm, we can just shove it back up. Hopefully the jasmine will fill in more this summer so it is eventually a solid wall of vines)

I am still waiting for 2 more of those black planter boxes that are on backorder and last night ordered a bunch of "exotic" veggies that we can't find locally. Hoping the boxes will be here before the plants are.

Today I am bringing my Mother back to Mississippi so she can have one more visit at the cemetery before she leaves to go back to North Carolina next week. My daughter is coming in on Thursday, My sister and her husband are coming in on Sunday, then they are leaving with Mama on Tuesday and daughter is leaving on Thursday. I decided to go ahead and take off of work next Wednesday so we can at least have one whole day together for a "girl day out".

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #26  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hey, is that Mr. Cat out there mowing? Your garden looks like it's gotten a great start, and the fence looks so cute! I'm jealous of your short sleeve weather!

Linda, hope you got everything together for your breakfast at Cracker Barrel! I have yet to be there since we've gotten back. I still have to hit Wawa, the local bakery, and Bertucci's, too. Thank goodness we have twelve more weeks now! I can spread it out and plan it into my eating plan.

Jen, I hope you feel better soon and that you figure out what the source of the problem was! I hate "trigger-happy" doctors! That's why we had Avery at home.

Ruth, I'm praying for a safe and slip-free drive for you today!

Welcome back, Barbie! Glad to hear you got yourself back on track.

Barbara, I'm so glad Robert came to get his things, and that his friend was good enough to realize he was being unreasonable! Hope you get all your things done.

I've gotten my run in this morning and have had a healthy breakfast. Connor's off at Sunday School and the girls and I will leave in a couple minutes for church. Then there's grocery shopping on the way home (Wegman's is just a couple minutes from church so it's become my Sunday thing-to-do after service) and then I have piles of laundry to fold and put away. I don't so much mind doing the laundry, but it's the folding that is annoying. I'll put something on TV while the girls nap and just knock it out.

On track for another great day of on-plan eating!

Kara
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #27  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Yep, that's Mr. Cat, aka Terry. Mrs Terry loves to cut grass, but the "automatic drive" broke on the lawnmower and Mr. Cat has yet to bring it in to be fixed. So, until that time, Mr. Cat will be cutting grass!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gotta love the country! I decided to call Ed just in case he thought his contract ended March I.

Ed says he usually "packs 'er all away" to start work on [/i]"sirp"[/i] but "the run ain't goin'yet so just holler when yez want 'er done". Sounds like a semi-contract to me until the "sirp-makin" starts. Gotta love the Delta vernacular.

So I am ploughed out, am waiting for my pain meds to kick in and am going to drive to the store for the paper! I have part of my life back! What's next? A trip to a fabric store tomorrow? The Post Office? Where will it all end?

I'm kind of glad I sold my maple acreage last fall or I'd feel I should be out there checking to see if it's time to tap although the days are still too cold. Sap runs best with warm days and cold nights.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #29  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks. just a quick pop in to say hello, I have been dealing with two mothers all week, from our dance fundraising group who stressing me out. I will be so glad when I am done with this. Shelby has two competitons left, one in April in Halifax and then one here in Saint John, in Nov. Then she will be done with the troupe competitve dance. She may still do some solos but I can finally wash my hands of these mothers, hopefully after the May show. As the home competiton is not alot of money and I really do not need to fundraise for that one. Can any one spell Murder.lol. I guess it is better to laugh than cry. And on top of it all I can feel the PMS starting. I should be in great form by mid week. Well gotta to dash and figure out how I am going to deal with these wing nuts. Enjoy your sunday chicks.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #30  

Spirit: take care of yourself, I hope you feel better.
Kara: sounds like you plan perfectly! I cannot believe you have three children. You look amazing.
femmecreole: I love your cat checking out the new garden and approving! How adorable.

I am excited about today. It still hasn't hit me that it is Spring Break. I don't think it will until I don't go to classes tomorrow. I should be getting my new phone on Tuesday. The milk phone works if you hold it just right, but the screen doesn't work, it doesn't charge, and it doesn't ring! Oh well. My toes are feeling a lot better. I ran out of pain medicine night before last and yesterday was unbelievable. I was in so much pain, and last night I had to sleep with nothing touching my feet. It was truly unbearable. Today I am doing so much better. I am still in pain but it is bearable, I can hobble around without crying. My husband is getting ready to drive to meet a classmate to take his last midterm for this semester. He is excited and is looking forward to enjoying his Spring Break. He is buzzing around the house doing all sorts of productive things while I am laying on the couch with the puppies. Boy it is making me feel a little unproductive.

I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day!
Closed Thread