Frosty Friday Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning chicks! I got up to see DD off and we are waiting for the limo to arrive, so I thought I'd take my chance to start the daily. I think this is only the second or third time for me. Maybe I'm cheating because as soon as she is gone I'm going back to bed! But I probably won't sleep until she calls me from the gate anyway...
    TGIF!
    Today I will clean house and work, do my WATP, and pick DH up from the airport. My mother offered to keep the kids, so maybe he and I will go get dinner at our old favorite restaurant, which is down that way. I won't suggest it until I go check the menu online, because none of my usual things I used to get there are SB-friendly, and I really don't want to take two steps back! I hope he and DD don't have delays, since there is bad weather in the mid-West.
    The cats are driving me crazy; they think breakfast should be served extra-early today since we're all up! Right now one is sitting on my keyboard. Here's Mr. Limo, see you later chicks!
  • schmoodle, Grats on your weight loss, and checking ahead to plan for your restaraunt!

TGIF.... I think I'm bored with being a bookkeeper! I used to look forward to going into work, now I hate it. Part of me thinks its cause they expect me to make bricks with no straw, the other part believes it's because it's just plan boring....

Having a hard time making the decision to bring Gideon in to be put down.. I know he's sick, but I just having a hard time part with him.

Joe and his friends didn't get the apartment, Alan procrastinated on handing in the application and it's been rented. They are looking at other apartments. I told joe this would happen!!!!!
  • Thanks for the early start, Schmoodle! I hope you were able to get some quality slumber before you have to get your kids off to school! Is your DH coming home already? Wow, that time went by fast, at least to me, I'm sure not to you, LOL! I hope your DD has a safe trip to Arizona!

Yesterday was a loooooong day! Cindy called and needed me to come ASAP, as Maggie had just thrown up and had a fever and was crying for me. So I spent the day with her curled up on my lap and reading stories to her. She was doing better, though, by the end of the day, and even joined in a board game with Audrey and I. I'm headed over there early this morning, and I hope she's feeling much better.
  • Good morning, Loriann! That's a shame the kids didn't get the apartment, but maybe they'll find one that's even better! Have a good day at work, TGIF!
  • Awe, Linda, so sorry to hear about Cindy (I take it she's your Grandbaby?)..
  • Morning Chicks!

Well I can hardly believe it myself but we are going to get snow tonight. I know, I was shocked too.

Schmoodle - Thanks for the start. Hope you got back to sleep quickly.

Loriann - It can be such a challenge watching our kids grow-up without comment! With Tiff the minute I opened my mouth it became about me so I really had to learn to bite my tongue. The good news is that eventually they really do figure it out most of the time (I do have a friend with a 22 year old son who is taking a little longer, so eventually can take awhile!).

Cottage - Poor Maggie and poor you! There is so much stuff going around right now. Hope you have really good immunity. I always found that one advantage of working with children, after the first year.

So apparently we're getting another storm tonight. I'm planning a trip to the brew pub with some co-workers after hours and hope the storm holds off long enough to have a glass of wine and visit a little. I may just stay home until spring, whenever it decides to arrive.

I'm still bouncing around with the stubborn 2 lbs - down one yesterday, back up a half today. I'm doing everything I can so will just have to wait it out I guess. Had to stop the running thing for now. My "good" knee (the one I haven't had surgery on) didn't like it. I'm going to chat with my PT and my doctor about other exercise options. I'm doing an hour of cardio most days and half an hour of stretching/weights/PT exercises but wonder if there's a way I can mix that up a little. Patience has never been my strong card. Guess it's time to work on it!

Have a good, safe day out there!
  • Cyndi, we're expecting snow later today, too. It's probably the same system that's heading your way. At least this is the last day of February, spring will be here soon!

Loriann, Maggie is one of the little girls that I am a nanny to, and Cindy is her mother, who also is a good friend of mine. The girls are just as close to me as my own grandchildren, though! I love them dearly.
  • Well, I didn't get back to sleep until 6, so I am not feeling peppy this morning. Just made an EXTRA LARGE cawfee to see if I can kick things in gear.

cottage, it did go by fast, since he wasn't supposed to be back for another 3 months. The ship was in the shipyard for a month, and they finally gave up on trying to repair it and decided this week to send the crew home. Unfortunately it probably means he'll be going back out again soon and starting over again on another ship with the 4 months, which is going to screw up my summer vacation plans! So it's good and bad...

Wonder if it's supposed to snow here... Think I'll go check on that.
  • More snow? We need a good blizzard or two I'm sick of these piddly little snowfalls just enough to make you scrape. Want a good rockin blizzard with thunder snow. Then a nice warm spring.

I put the buzzard in the oven today. stuffed it with onions and veggies. I'm trying to figure out some healthy semblence of turkey gravy it doesn't take much flour to thicken and I have whole wheat with extra bran and ground flaxseed. so I was thinking of cooking off the giblets add some milk bran/flax and Oxo. thats way its fairly low fat I think it will be pretty good too.
  • I'm not doing the scale today. I have mucho fluid retention and I know its going to throw it off. I'll wait til after the TOM is done before getting back to it.
  • TGIF

Intech glad to hear you got an "A" on your exem - dance around you deserve it

Schmoodle hope you & dh enjoy your welcome home plans and I hope yall are able to workout the vacation situation.

Hi Loriann

Cottage hope Maggies feeling better

Cyndi I feel the same about the cold I wish I could hide away like a bear til spring - stay warm

Morning Spirit

I ate dinner lastnight drank a cup of hot green tea and was in bed by 8:30. I feel much better this morning no scratchy sore throat.

I weighed in this morning even though TOM came 2 ays ago and the scale shows I went up .8 not to bad.

Tonights dinner is at Outback my grandmothers pick.

Check back in a bit
  • Gonna, Outback! Yum! One of these day's I'm going to eat one of those onion flower thingies but that won't be for a long while the way my scale is moving.

Cottage, I do hope Maggie feels better and keeps her germs to herself. A day of cuddling should help.

Intech, an A? I'm very impressed.

Spirit, stop wishing for more snow. I've really had it with winter and damned February managed an extra day this year too. 'Tain't fair. Good luck with the "buzzard"!

Schmoodle, sorry you didn't get back to snooze but that's life. Just look at it as getting three extra hours to your day.

Loriann, I'm thinking of you as you decide what to do with Gideon. You'll know when the time is right and will even feel relieved.

CindiM, I'm with you. Let's just hole up at a brew pub and wait for spring to get here. I know it happens every year but, even after 68 years, I find it hard to believe in February.

Donna comes around 10:30 this morning - not my idea of an early start. Her problem these days is that she's stuck babysitting her grandkids some days and if there's a snow day, she's screwed. I think she's going to have to decide if she is going to do cleaning or baby sitting.

My PT dude was pleased with my knee yesterday and says I "may make it to 90" - he meant degrees of bend, not my age! If the weather is decent on Sunday, I may try a wee drive in my car. I'm really going stir-crazy!

I'm still in my robe so had better hop through the shower and get this day cranked up. I certainly don't get much done between 6 AM and 10 AM these days. I convince myself that I'm convalescing but still.......
  • Quick post and Good Morning from school. Got up to no internet connection at home. DH is off today, so he can hang on hold with tech support. I ran out of time at home on hold and had to get here on time. Probably should not be on here at work, so no time for personals, but wishing everyone a great day.
  • I am sure you all are on the fast track today......
    I could log in at 7:30 am EST but I like to make my bed, make my breakfast, unload the dishwasher, get dressed (somewhere in there) before logging on for the day and then I have to start work......

Maybe, one of these days I will surprise you and log on really early!! LOL

I am on Day 4 of Phase 1 again. I was less intimidated this time by Phase One than I was the first. I awoke to find out my paycheck was $120 less than I was expecting and now have to contact payroll to find out what happened. I swear the Universe does not want me to get through Phase 1 for the entire 14 days!! I just found out that I can count 1/2 c beans as my protein source (I didn't know that before) and I love beans so if I run out of meat this time, I will have 1/2 c beans with my vegetables.

Hey, God does answer our prayers!!

My Mom is now seeing and talking (well, whispering) after a very long ordeal with the stroke, the advanced cancer and all the surgeries she had last month. I am crossing my fingers she gets to come home this spring. She came back "to life" her old feisty self. I forewarned the doctors and nurses. Now, she will be the one they call "difficult" and I don't mean her physical complications. Her first sentence to my sister was (whispered-she still has a trach) 'GET ME OUTTA HERE!" LOL Mom's back and in true form!!

Have a great day! Hope it is a good one.
  • pamatga, that's wonderful news about your mother!
    cottage, how is poor Maggie feeling today? I think it's funny that she was crying for you when she was sick. Not sure how I'd feel about that if I was her mom! I know how close you all are though. I've said it before, but I'll say it again - they are SO lucky to have you!