South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Motivation Chick Chat!

Good Morning! I did not want to get up this morning, I think this time change is playing nasty tricks on my schedule. Oh well, a couple of cups of coffee should make things right again.

SOSO here today. What's happening in your day today?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

UGH, back to work.... I need a few days off! .... the time change isplaying on my system as well.

I've made an appointment for Sunday to take the cats in... Gideon is still throwing up and using the floor instead of the box *(which is not like him), and Noah had another seizure... at 17 and 19, this is going to be VERY difficult for me to do!!!!

I've told my ex's sister I will no longer be going to her families funerals (I stopped going to everything else long ago). No need for me too. My son is 18, he can find his own ride. Besides, isn't that part of living on one's own? Independancy?

The scale is stagnant at 185 this past week... HOpefully this week will be better!

I made a mahi mahi in citrus soy, posted the recipe in p2... was DELICIOUS!

Morning Linda. Morning gang.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #3  

Good morning, Loriann. I was checking out that recipe, it sounds great, although I've never tried Ugli fruit before. That will make a nice meal for Friday, I'll have to remember to pick up some soy citrus at Wegmans!

This will be a short work-week for me. Cindy and her mother are taking the girls to Disney World and Sea World as a surprise to celebrate Audrey's birthday. She turns 7 on Thursday, and they are leaving Wednesday afternoon. Audrey doesn't know anything about it, she's going to be thrilled! I was originally going to go with them, but their grandmother offered to go, so I'm going to enjoy a nice long weekend off! They won't be back until next Tuesday.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #4  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone.Nothing much going on. Had a pretty decent weekend. DH didn't have as many PTSD moments this weekend so it was quite peaceful in our home. He's trying really really hard to fix it. He's tried the counselor but that only helped in the beginning. Got rid of anothe puppy on Saturday. He was such a pretty one but it was the father of the puppy (the owners) got to chose the one they wanted and they wanted that one. We can't complain because they let us mate and all they wanted was one puppy. Now there are three left but one is ours. We are trying so hard to get them sold. it's hard work taking care of them. As they get older, they are alittle more playful and alittle more demanding. I need sleep. This time change isn't helping either. It sucks. I did NOT want to get up this morning. DH even slept in an extra half hour. Well, everyone have a good day.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It is one of those mornings at the beginning of one of those weeks!

Cottage - Thanks for getting the coffee going!

Loriann - Good luck with the kitties. A couple of years ago we lost our two kitties, 18 & 19, and then our 10 year old a year later. I still miss my babies.
Hope your scale is playing the same game mine does - it's stagnant for a couple of weeks then drops every day for a week or so. I still get frustrated each time!

I made a dent in the scary storage room. At least now we can get to all the bins and start working on them. Now I'm coordinating all the give aways. I hate throwing things out, don't think I could clean if it wasn't for freecycle! When I'm on a tear though it is a challenge to coordinate all the pickups!

I'm looking forward to 40 degree days and light evenings so I can walk outside.

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #6  

I hope yu can find time to catch a nap today, tk!

Cyndi, I just noticed your ticker!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Cyndi, I just noticed your ticker!!!
Thanks

I've known for awhile that I would keep going past my original goal, but I really like seeing that. I'm pretty shocked at how well I've done this time around. Apparently I'm not the only one because my doctor was asking me for tips to help her other patients trying to lose. I'm much more nervous about maintaining but will take it a step at a time and keep vigilant. No french fries to celebrate the end of this "diet" (yes, I've done that before!).

Last edited by beachgal; 03-10-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: fix broken quote bracket
Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

What are your tips? Congratulations!!! You are at the same goal as mine. I want to get down to 165. I know exercise but with 4 children and two of them that get sick the minute I walk out the house with them.....it's not possible.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Cyndi, Congratulations! I used to use freecycle, but found the pick ups were not worth it. My local town (bloomfield, where population according to my son is 2, he and I)... has a store that I donate too for the convenience... the proceeds go to local churches.

Linda, I had never tried ugli fruit before either... the insides resemble the grapefruit in looks, but the taste is like an orange, only not near as sweet... for the price (I paid 1.99 for one) I will stick with oranges! But for this recipe, it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

I just really stuck to plan. I know some people allow cheats along the way but I know myself enough to know that my cravings would go out of control if I eat certain things. And, sorry, exercise wherever and whenever you can get it. Even getting a pedometer and working toward those 10,000 steps can help. I park a little further away as a habit now. Is there something you can do with the kids? I went to a child care provider's home the other day and her kids love the Walk Away the Pounds videos! Apparently the kids ask for them, especially on indoor days!

Even if you can't get in much exercise sticking with the plan really will work. You can do it!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Wow! Lots of chatter this fine Monday morning!

Cottage: What a nice surprise for Audrey (and what a great break for you, too!) Thanks for getting the chat and the coffee going!

Loriann: Sorry about the furbaby troubles. I hope the vet is able to figure it all out. I agree about the funerals - quite a lot for you to go through when your son can go himself. Too bad they are like that, I'm sure your son hates to see them treat you that way!

tk: Glad you had a better weekend with DH. I'm hoping that things will continue to improve for you two! It must be so sad watching those puppies go! (But I'm sure it's a bit of a relief as well!) Have a good day!

Cyndi: I am looking forward to evening walks again as well. Especially now that I'm on P1 - easy workouts are in order. BIG to you for surpassing your goal! I'm sure you'll keep your head in maintenance and not gain. Just remember how terrible you felt at your heaviest. (I plan on laminating a picture to keep with me at all times to keep me from reverting back to my old ways - just got to get there!!)

Me: Well, I decided yesterday morning that I would do P1. I've been off my meds for about 3 weeks and decided that the time was right. Thank goodness we keep the fridge well-stocked with eggs, turkey bacon, salad and V8!! I was able to do a decent day 1 and will be grocery shopping at lunch to get the rest of the P1 foods I love. I also have to tone down my workouts for the next 14 days, so it was just a mile this morning and a nice after-dinner walk tonight. I'll probably introduce some weight-training since that's a good no-cardio option. This morning I did the mile with weights and could really tell that my body was already in P1 mode.

Well, better hit the shower. I'll be out inspecting today, which isn't my favorite part of my job, but it should only be a morning event. Hope it's not too windy!

~Kim
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

G'morning chicks, yawn. DD1 had me up most of the night. She was supposed to fly home last night from Arizona, but when she got to the airport, they told her that her e-ticket had been converted to a paper ticket, and she couldn't check in without the ticket, even though she had a ticket number and a record locater. Bunch of cr*p, if you ask me, I travel all the time and I didn't know anybody required paper tickets anymore. Anyway, she flew out on Delta and was supposed to come home USAIR, so they kept bouncing her across the airport between counters, and of course she missed her flight. They finally re-booked her (with me on the phone screaming at them) to fly out today, so she went to check into a hotel, found it was $300 and decided to call a cab instead and go back to her friend's dorm room. The cab took an hour to come, and I stayed on the phone with her until they did, since she was standing in a parking lot in the middle of Phoenix in the middle of the night alone. again. I didn't get back to bed until after 4AM... I swear if that kid didn't have bad luck, she wouldn't have any. Here's hoping they let her get on a plane today!
So, cruddy way to start the week! I am tired and cranky, and so are the kids because the phone kept ringing last night. I've got a telecon shortly, hope I can stay awake for it, I just want to go back to bed!

I will come back and do hellos later when I am in a better mood.

Kara, it was sweet that you were thinking about DS and his horseback riding yesterday. It's a little thing, but it made me so happy because he was so pleased and proud of himself. And he doesn't get those moments often enough.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Default new chick tuning in

hi everyone!

i'm a newbie here at 3FC -have made a few postings here and there but decided it is finally time to introduce myself and join the daily chat and get to know all of you!
my name's jan and i am an expat living in germany where i teach english and am working on my master's thesis. i really appreciate this forum and all the support you lovely ladies offer..makes it so much easier to stick with the program!
it's already early afternoon here so i am off to prepare my lesson plans before i head off to my adult education classes! so have a great rest of your day
Old 03-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning!

We had a great time in Atlanta. My mom really enjoyed it. We went to the Aquarium and the Coca Cola place, had lunch at ESPN and dinner was at Ray's in th city. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency which was very nice. On Sunday we had breakfast at the hotel and then went to visit the Martin Luther King are andtour all of that. We ran into snow on the way up which was awesome and made the trip even better being as we haven't seen snow in Jacksonville since 1989. GH & I definetly want to go back as there was so much we wanted to do but time was limited and the weather was very cold & windy.

Back to the bump & grind today.

Cyndi on beating your goal

Schmoodle sorry for all your daughter went through is she back where she needs to be today? Thank God for moms!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jan and welcome to the South Beach daily thread we are glad you joined us. Let us know if we can answer any questions.
Closed Thread