Monday blues chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • HI all, sorry to not peek in through the weekend... busy.

I guess there's a good thing that my son needs a ride into college three or four times a week, keepsme from calling into work on mondays! I REALLY do not want to go in!!!!!!

It was pretty warm, in the 40s yesterday. They are calling for 42 today. All the more reason to stayhome (not).

So diet wise, t his weekend was a bust. I gorged on ice cream. yea, thats right. I suppose that will be one good thing when Joe moves out. No ice cream in da house to gorge on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@
  • Morning All! A new week of good things to come, right???

Loriann, it's hard (at first) when your kids leave, but after a while it gets easier...and they often come home when they are hungry!!! I freeze leftovers every day for my son who goes to school in another town...that way I KNOW he'll be home to get them!

I just found out this weekend that my daughter is coming home for a visit next month. She will be here for a week. We are so exited as we haven't seen her in almost 8 months. Can't wait. She is already making a list of dinners she wants me to make for her! We are looking forward to a "beauty day" and "shopping day" when she gets here. She was my shopping buddy and it's not as much fun without her.(The boys would rather eat dirt than go shopping with me)

I got a lot done this weekend. Put a lot of hours in working and also got all my old clothes cleaned out of a couple of closets and armoire and have them all bagged up at the door to take to Good Will. yehaa!! Also was able to get a little yard work done in the areas that are not all soggy. Last night we watched the Oscars, but I didn't make it past 10 before my eyes just shut down on me. Off to the fludity bar and then tub to get my day going..

Have a great Monday!!
  • Monday blues
    I'll probably get my stuff for work today. I am still waiting for the RN exams results. Hope I did okay. I won't be using the scale for the next two weeks. Looks like I've started the water retention thing again. There's not sense in using that thing when THAT starts up. I'm hoping when I'm over the TOM I'll be down to about 240. I want to be 200 by summer. Thats almost a satisfactory goal for me.

175 was my weight in college when I was very active,not only doing sports but teaching them as well. I wandered between 160 and 180. 140 is the lowest of my healthy range I should really try for that. I've not been that low since I was 14. I've put on a couple inches vertically since then too.

NSV this week. I took a bath in a regular bathtub. I've always worried my hips would get stuck. I can get in there comfortably not even touching the sides. I know its silly but I hated that before I also really hated tight chairs.

I hope I hold up on the diet when I start work. My work can be very grueling.
  • Happy back-to-work Monday!

Loriann, it's hard to go back to work on Mondays, you have the entire week facing you. Even though I had a nice long weekend, I could use today to just recuperate from it. When will your DS be moving out?

Cat, I bet you are counting down the days til your DD comes home! You two are going to have such a good time shopping and all!

It was nice to wake up this morning without a cat curled up beside me. My DD's cat has taken a real liking to me for some unknown reason. Everytime I visit them, he follows me around and hops on my lap every chance he gets.
    I have a lot to do this morning before I pick up Maggie. Groceries are #1 priority, and I should do a load of laundry and get some dusting and vacuuming accomplished, too. Back to the old routine.
  • Good morning, Spirit!
  • Good morning chicks. A quick peck in. I have to take the car in for an oil change this morning. And of course after 3 weeks of having sick kids around me. I am now starting to come down with it. GRRRRR. I have a meeting tonight that I have just cancel. Hope every has a great day.
  • Good Morning Everyone

Loriann & Spirit

Femme Have fun shopping with DD. Congratulations on the size 6.

Cottage Have a nice Monday.

LC Feel better.

Me A lot has happened since I last posted. The wedding is back on and I got an official romantic proposal with a ring and all this time. We have narrowed down the house hunt so now it’s just a matter of coming up with that pesky down payment I went shopping for new jeans on Saturday and got into a size 10 I haven’t lost any weight but I haven’t gained any either. That in itself is a victory. But it’s a new week and another opportunity to get back on track. Hope everyone else has a great day.

• LC, I hope you don't get sick! Have some echinachea tea with lemon and honey. You poor girl, it's been a heck of a winter for you, hasn't it?

Dawn! I so happy for you, and what a beautiful ring!
  • Cottage- yes it has been a rotten winter for sickness around here. And I forgot about echineachea tea I going to stop at the store and get some.

Dawn- congrats, your ring is beautiful.

Gotta to dash dd missed the bus. Gonna have to drive her.
  • femme, enjoy your visit with your daughter!!!!!!!! How exciting! I wish I had a shopping buddy, mine moved to GA! . And way to go on the purge of old clothes, what a feeling!!!!!!!!!!

((spirit)) congrats on the nsv of being able to take regular bath!!!! And as for work, a hint? take a 15 min walk on break...

Cottage, glad your enjoying being home. I am facing having to put my cats down. Gideon, 19, is throwing up and Noah is backed up again, he's had this problem since I got him, he's 15 or so.

Joe's hoping to be moving in the next week or two.

Dawn!@ congrats!!

Me: scale down (yes, with my gorging) 2 pounds from over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!

• Quick run by--a student just came in for help. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Good Monday morning!

Hope you have a great day Loriann

Cat that sounds like great times with your daughter

You will do just fine Spirit - just stay focused

Hi Cottage

LC

Dawn I love the ring. Congrats on the jeans

As for me dh & I are going grocery shopping after work and then I am thinking of doing some more spare room work & then calling it a night.

Be back in a bit
  • No, no, not Monday Blues Chat...Move Mountains Monday Chat! I have the motivation to finally tackle that To-Do List that has been haunting me for the past couple weeks. I found the valentines cards that we all signed and addressed to Tom and never mailed (OOPS!) so the girls and I are going to take a nice walk down to the post office this morning. I'm planning that for the time of day when I really want to eat the house, so I'll accomplish both a little exercise and removal from the Den of Temptations. Connor spent the night with my grandparents and had a good sleep, according to the report I heard on the phone this morning. He also had SIX pancakes for breakfast! That kid can eat!

I've got laundry sitting next to me that needs to be started.
    I'm going to hook up the webcam so we can try chatting with Tom on-line.
    I'm going to enter all of our food receipts for the month into the budget spreadsheet.
    I'm going to eat on-plan all day. And be happy about it!

It's a bright, sunny, chilly morning. Perfect for being healthy! Gosh, I haven't been this peppy on the second day of my period in a long time.

Loriann, hope something really wonderful happens at work today to make you excited that you went in!

Cat, have fun planning for your daughter's visit! I can't believe it's been eight months since she moved!

Jen, sounds like your bath was wonderful! I haven't taken a bath in forever.

Linda, glad to hear you had a nice weekend with Monica. I can guess why the cat loved you - you're just so warm and happy!

LC, kick that cold in its behind! Have you tried Zicam?

Dawn, your fingers look positively skinny!!! Congrats on the official engagement and the ring is beautiful!

Gonna, good morning! Have fun at the grocery! I just went last night. I love grocery shopping - although putting the food away once I get home is another story!

Laurie, hope the students give you a break and let you do your "real" work of chatting with us!!!

Well, I'd better start this laundry so I can get going on the rest of my list.

Kara
  • Hey everyone! Big congrats to Dawn! So busy this morning - 3 days until vacation and I've got to get a move on. Have a great day!
  • Good Monday morning chicks!
    We had a blast yesterday. I didn't worry about getting things done and just decided to spend the day having fun with the kids. We went and joined the YMCA so we could use the pool there. We checked out the facility and swam for a couple of hours. There's a great fitness center, and racquetball courts, which the kids are excited about trying. There are also lots of interesting exercise classes which are free to members, so I'll have to look those over. We were all pretty beat last night.
    I made this stew for dinner, which was quick and very delicious. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/reci...lick=recipe_srI'm planning an end-of-month weigh in for Saturday, so I want to behave this week. I'd really love to move that ticker!
    Gonna try to catch up on housework today, but also lots of work from being away for two days. I've got to finish up my training in the next three days before it expires. So, a busy week ahead, but I'll be able to work from home all week, so hopefully I can get caught up.

Cat, how exciting that will be to see your daughter! I know you've missed her since she moved.
    Spirit, I know you'll see 200 by summer. You've done so well already!
    lc, stay healthy girlie! We've missed you!
    cottage, kitties always can tell quality people! Monday is vacuuming day for me too. That recipe I posted above is the lentil stew. I really liked it - I'll definitely make it again.
    Kara, have an energetic day!
    Congrats Dawn! You're ring is gorgeous. So glad things are working out for you!
    Laurie!
    LoriAnn, congrats on the 2 lbs!

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a great one chicks!