South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - February 23 & 24

Good morning! I'm finally up early enough to get us started. Hershey is still asleep which gives me a bit of time before I "leap" into the morning routine.

Slept a bit better last night with my new pain meds but the knee is still pretty inflamed. I suspect an infection but will know for sure on Monday when we get the blood test results.

Not much on the agenda except three exercise and ice sessions plus some quilting preparation. I need to get five more blocks ready to work on while I watch TV. It assuages the guilt.

What's happening for your weekend?
Old 02-23-2008, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekend chat

Morning Ruth. We had snow last night, I'll be shoveling this morning. I have one week before starting work to goof off. I am trying to talk my dad who lives in Indiana into starting South Beach. He has a popcorn hang up. I was trying to explain to them they could accomodate the popcorn need. We didn't have much snow just about 6 cm. enough to scrape.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:13 AM   #3  

What kind of quilt are you doing? I just finished place mats and am getting ready to do a big one. I"ll probably do a block quilt. Applique is hard for me.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, so sorry you are having more problems with that knee!!! We have to have you up and about and on the go by spring!! Tell your doctor we said so!!! No more pain for Ruth!!!!!!

Spirit, hope the snow shoveling goes well and that this is the last time this year.

Me: nothing much happening. Going to give the fluidity bar a whirl in just a bit since my toe seems to be better. It's been a week and I don't want to get out of the habit. Going to make some Belgian Waffles when everyone is up and about, then, bringing my Mom to visit friends in a nursing home (which sounds weird, because this couple were the "poster children of partying" back in "the day") My parents whole crowd were mega partiers and it's strange to see them "old". Afterwards, going to do a little shopping and hopefully just hang out around here and maybe do a little gardening if weather permits later on.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-23-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Saturday Morning!

Ruth sorry to hear about the knee All will be just fine come Monday

Hi Spirit

Enjoy your day Cat

ME- I've already got my before bfast walk in and the rest of the day I will be painting the spare room and doing laundry and running errands and this evening we are going to Teds for dinner & then to the sporting goods store to get my heart rate monitor.

Be back in a bit
Old 02-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning from New Jersey! I'm spending the weekend with Monica and the girls for a nice change. They're at our house most weekends, so this is a nice change. This morning we're just going to hang out here and enjoy the opportunity to chat with my son-in-law until he has to leave for his show. This afternoon Kara and I are going to try to get together, that should be fun!

I sure hope your new pain medication is just what you've been waiting for, Ruth.

GONNA, it sounds as if you have a busy day planned!

Cat, I'm glad your toe is better, but be careful using your bar. Did you find the perfect spring outfit yesterday? Those Belgian waffles sound real good this morning!

Spirit, enjoy your snow! We sent it up there to you when we were done with it yesterday, LOL!

Monica is busily making breakfast, so I'd better go lend a hand. Have a happy Saturday, everyone!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #7  

Default weekend chat

Cat I had a lovely walk to the grocery store. My husband wanted kidney so I ordered some. At least it wasn't snow with concrete added like it usually is. Thats one thing I miss about Maine the snow is usually fluffy and light... not to bad to shovel even though there is a lot of it. Fitday doesn't have how many calories it is walking through knee deep snow..My legs shake afterwards.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #8  

Ruth - I sure hope you don't have an infection but at least you are getting it looked at. I hope the pain meds help.

spirit - I hope your snow is gone soon. I'm ready for summer myself.

Cat - Brian and I need to start trying to decide what we are going to plan around the pool. I really need to add more dirt in the back but that's going to be expensive. I love your plants.

gonna - Sounds like a productive day. Have fun!

cottage - Enjoy your weekend.

Me - I was so tired last night. I think that 3 hour deposition stressed me out more than I thought. I sure do hope Robert and I can agree on a settlement. If he proposes something reasonable then it is probably better than I would get agreed by the court.

Brian and I are going over to the Math, Science and Technology magnet school this morning for something about robotics. He's been in the club a couple of years and I guess there is a competition April 5th and he can find out about it today. I did tell he that he will need to decide if he wants to do that or go to Camporee which is the same weekend. I was going to try to trade weekends with Robert so he could go to Camporee but if he wants to do Robotics instead I won't bother.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I got the room primed (it was red) and will soon be putting the color on. Already picked up the clothes from the cleaners and now I am eatin my snack & chatting with you gals.

Cottage enjoy your weekend

Barb I think hat it's aweome all the time you spend with Brian. You should pat yourself on the back.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning from New Jersey from me, too! I just got back from an interesting run that was about halfway on unshovelled sidewalks. There was only an inch or maybe two, but it was interesting nonetheless. Now I have to get a shower so Linda doesn't have to wrinkle up her nose this afternoon!

Ruth, I sure hope you get that infection cleared up, if that is the case! Enjoy your morning.

Jen, glad you enjoyed your walk to the store! I miss walking to the store a little. If the closest store wasn't the most expensive, I might keep it up, but it's easier to take the car to the store I like better.

Cat, hope your workout goes well! No dropping the bar on more poor little piggy toes!

Gonna, don't you love walking before breakfast? Gives a good start to the day!

Linda, can't wait to see you this afternoon!

Barbara, your afternoon sounds so interesting! Will Brian be building his own robot? He has to be the coolest kid on the block! (Can't quite help it, probably, with the coolest mom on the block by his side and all...)

I just finished my oatmeal - crockpot steel cut oats with craisins and sliced apples, cinnamon, chopped walnuts, and agave nectar. SOOOO good! Next I'm trying dried cherries.

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-23-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522 View Post
Cat - Brian and I need to start trying to decide what we are going to plan around the pool. I really need to add more dirt in the back but that's going to be expensive. I love your plants.

Barb, I am just chomping at the bit to get outside and plant stuff. But I need to wait a few more weeks...usually it's safe after the middle of March. I have my square foot veg. garden all planned out and all the pieces are ordered. It's going to just be 12x12 feet with 4 3x3 planters with paths between them and a cute little fence around the whole thing. I want a tree rose in a big pot in the middle or a solar fountain. I eventually want brick paths, but for now, it will have to just be mulch.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
It's going to just be 12x12 feet with 4 3x3 planters with paths between them
I have those beds and absolutely love them! We should own stock in Gardener's Supply we shop there so often. I made a mistake the first year and connected two sets to make a 9x3 bed - don't do that Last year I had to take them apart because they were bulging too much. That was a big job I didn't need! We have 6 of the beds and they are a great way to garden in a small space. Okay, now my brain is in garden land again
Old 02-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #13  

Cat you can probably put in early peas and lettuce now. Even if you do get a bit frosty they'll do fine with a little cover. I started them in mid May in Maine. And we're not usually clear of frost up here sometimes til mid June. I think NS is earlier than where I was in Maine. Most plant here in May
Old 02-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #14  

Kara - Our school is going to send two teams to the robotics competition. This is the first year we have competed since they just started robotics in our school last year. Yes, they build their own robots and will need to change attachments in the middle of each heat. They have various items to drag back and then some stuff like a tennis ball, rawhide dog bone, and PVC object to lift and put in a bin or in the round PVC "volcano". It really sounds cool. I told his teacher about Camporee and she mentioned it to the organizer. They might try to postpone it a week. Our school has 16 boys in the club and at least 4 if not more are in scouts. I imagine it is similar in other schools.

Cat - I think we can probably plant a few things now. I might put some of the herbs in next to the house. It does look like we have one day next week with a prediction of 31 for the low so we may need to wait a bit longer.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Cat, that fence is so cute!

I love reading about all (of all of you guys') your gardening! I can't wait to get a garden going somewhere that we don't leave after six months!

Barbara, that robotics club sounds like a blast! I hope they postpone the date of the competition so Brian can make both functions.

I just got home from meeting up with Linda! Can I say she is the sweetest person from 3FC I've ever met? ('Course, she's also the first 3FC friend I've met, but she definitely is sweet!) We had a fun chat!

Kara
Closed Thread