South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

TGIF indeed!

Cottage That salad sounds wonderful, I really do need to get more creative in my eating!

Loriann your doing great, don't let the scales get you down, they are dumb!

Spirit congrats on the milestone!

Gonna oh how I do love purses!

Cat great pic!

Cyndi wow you look great! You are doing amazing!

Schmoodle just say no to cake!

Ruth to funny on hershey and the bread, it's usually my cat that does that if I forget and leave it out! Sometimes I think animals are in cahoots with each other, I keep the dog treats on the top of the fridge and one day came home to find them all gone because the cat had knocked them onto the floor!

TK you go dog catcher!

Me Got home lastnight to find out DD & DH had made reservations at Outback so we had a family dinner. It was so nice! DD was proud because she had made the reservations herself on tuesday and confirmed them yesterday and managed to keep it a secret! Dinner was great and I didn't go off plan to bad. Even managed to avoid the chocolate thunder from down under!

Hoping today is a little calmer at work, something really has to give!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Quick fly-by posting again as I'm getting ready to hit the appraisals hard and heavy. Last night was a huge blow-out over FPU, but I can honestly say that I think that it's the last one. Tonight is our Valentine's dinner - he's cooking steak salad! Yum!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

YAY!! It's Friday.

Pacer Awww. That's sweet your daughter made reservations for a family dinner.

tk I get very frustrated with my neighbor's dogs also. I don't even have any dogs, yet I get dog poop all over my lawn.

Schmoodle Meat for Valentine's day is very funny.

Loriann I'm fortunate donuts don't tempt me either. My boss bought a big box of them Wednesday and was offering them to me. I'd have to be extremely hungry to eat one.

femme Glad you and your family had a good Oyster celebration.

spiritmage It's always nice not to be fatter than your husband and able to wear his clothes.

I'm busy attemting to drink the coffee one of the guys made in the office today. I'm wondering how much coffee he used.

Last edited by Neko; 02-15-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Awwww Stephanie that was to sweet
Old 02-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #20  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, it has been so crazy here today is the third day that there has been no school. Can you all spell "CRAZY". today is pd for the teachers. It is snowing a little here but they are calling for freezing rain on monday. If they cancel school again I may go insane. I can only hope for the best. Can't wait til spring. Well gotta to dash and try to catch up on the laundry. And get organized for the week end. Talk to you soon. Hopefully next week will be better.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #21  

Happy Friday, everyone!

I have a question about posts: twice this week, in two different threads, my post disappeared after I posted it. Both times, I was responding to someone's observation that this wasn't really a necessary thread idea and my post was along the lines of "Isn't it ok to have a new thread even though people have talked about it before?" Both times, I came back to discover that the discussion about the thread had been deleted. Can someone help me understand what I'm doing wrong? I was posting genuine questions and as far as I know, it wasn't inflammatory or mean in any way (would never do that to someone). For all I know, this post will be deleted, too, but I've never experienced this on any other forum. Does someone just get to delete posts they don't like (and if so, why? I was just asking questions) or what else might be happening...?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #22  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

i thought the disappearing act of posts only applied to me. It has happened to me before but always just let it go. Hmmmmm......now that makes me wonder. And I've posted good posts or started new threads and they got deleted or lost or something, they were good intended and nothing harmful in its manner.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning chicks
I've been AWOL this week, we are really struggling, and haven't been able to go grocery shopping, so we have been having to eat whatever we have, I hate when we end up broke like this and we've still got the whole month to go before DH gets paid! I've not been working much so my paychecks are very VERY small! And healthy groceries seem to be a lot more expensive.
Any CHEAP ideas to help me get back on track!
I'm quite discouraged! and arguing with my DH over money just makes me want to give up! I hate feeling helpless!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #24  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Late morning hellos to ya all

Valentine's Day went well! I chose the restaurant, had a good SBD OP meal, requested a new vacuum cleaner, which I got, and my DH said he was going to get me a card---this was 8:15 pm. I said, tell me what you would have said in it and then you can save the couple of bucks. He stood in the line in front of everyone (no one noticed I'm sure) in Wal-mart and told me how much he loved me? Awwww, how sweet and corny!

After having 6 days away from my food plan I am trying to get back OP. I was really down about it yesterday when I weighed but I hadn't had a BM in three days, I was really exhausted from staying with my MOM in the critical care ICU in Minnesota and eating one meal a day! I think I will weigh myself again on Tuesday, my official day, and see how things are going with me.

Hope everyone has a great Friday. I've had two nights of sleeping 10 hours. Once my "system" gets back on track, I think I will feel more positive.

Hope your days are great, ladies!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #25  

PH, I know the feeling. Usually that's when I try to focus on eggs because they go a long way... Wish I had better ideas.

TK, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, and I wonder what it means, too?

Pam, that was a cute story about your DH!!

Last edited by bellaluna; 02-15-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Aw, Tina, I am sorry for your troubles. I know I've been there before. How about a big pot of bean soup? It's cheap and hearty and can feed you for days. At this time of year, frozen veggies are usually cheaper than fresh. Oatmeal in the big box is cheap. And eggs - cheese and veggie omelets for dinner? Weezles refried bean soup is good, and with a little hamburger thrown in makes good taco soup. Hope this is some help.

No girls, I've had the disappearing posts before too... Don't know what that's all about.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #27  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I am struggling big time with the chocolate urges - I did so well yesturday/lastnight and now today the urge wants to hit me. A big part of me knows it's because it's TOM coming any second Oh what to do
Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Have fun at the museum birthday party, Linda! Is it a party for the museum or is a child having a birthday party at a museum? I wish I knew about your bag wish when we were in Korea - I would've picked one up for you! I got two Dooney and Borke (sp?) bags for $35 and $40! They're really snazzy!

Lori, glad to hear you're feeling the workouts! I love that feeling!

Spirit! Hope the jeans are nice and warm!

Have fun on your bowflex, Gonna! What's the purse look like?

Cat, I love the monster glove your son is wearing! Glad the oyster party went well!

Cyndi, you look terrific! Keep up the great work!

Schmoodle, enjoy the time with family at the party and good luck avoiding the cake!

Ruth, oh dear. I hope Hershey's feeling better today!

Good luck catching that dog, Tawnya! I hate when other people's dogs poop in my yard. That's so rude!

Stephanie, great job staying mostly on plan yesterday! I didn't fare so well. I did excellent at breakfast and lunch and then hit a wall when it came time to bake cookies and dip strawberries and dried apricots in chocolate. I'm back on track today, though.

Kim, enjoy your steak! Hope the blow-out blows over!

Neko, maybe he forgot the filter? Hope you get a decent cup later on!

LC, you reminded me that I have laundry in. My in-laws have their washer and dryer in the basement and I always forget I've put a load in! Thanks!

Happy Friday to you, too, Bella! I have no idea about the disappearing posts. Sorry!

Phins, good luck scrounging something together! I don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but I'll post if I think of something.

Oh, Pam. Maybe some beans will get things going for you? Dried fruit? I know it's not the most spectacular South Beach choice, but you've got to get things moving! Good luck!

I am busy focusing on getting back on track today. It's taking a lot of will power to avoid the chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge but I know if I have "just one" I really won't and it's easier to have none than deal with wanting more. My father-in-law wants to get pizza tonight so I'm going to make a huge salad to go along with it and just have one slice. Maybe I'll even share with Avery. Gotta have a plan!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-15-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #29  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONNABE165 View Post
I am struggling big time with the chocolate urges - I did so well yesturday/lastnight and now today the urge wants to hit me. A big part of me knows it's because it's TOM coming any second Oh what to do
Try upping your protein today. That helped me out last month.

Kara
Old 02-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #30  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Pam- I'm sorry to hear about your mom being ill. My mom passed away at only 63 years of age. It is still difficult. You will never regret any time you spend with her. As far as constipation, you can purchase a stool softener--colace (generic name docusate sodium) over the counter at most any pharmacy or wally world/Kmart type store. It is not a laxative, it just draws more fluid into the colon to make things not bind up so much. One of the fiber supplements might give you relief as well.

PHins--don't give up, Schmoodle's ideas are great for inexpensive meals. Soup can be made with so many things from the freezer & pantry.
Closed Thread