South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/224/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 1 Mozzarella sticks.... yummy!

OK

In making dinner the other night-- I was really really craving mozzarella sticks!! so I thought for a moment and decidided to play!

I make the pecan crusted chicken once a week-- fiance LOVES it! so I thought .... and tried it with the lf mozzarella cheese sticks I keep around for a snack...

Here is what I did--

I basically used my magic bullet and shopped the pecans till they were very fine--- put those in a bowl, added in lf parm cheese ( just a little) some seasoning(salt, pepper, tony's) and garlic powder.
Mixed it all together.

In another bowl I cracked 2 eggs- and scrambled them.

I put some olive oil in a skillet and started to let it warm.

then I rubbed a little (very little) olive oil on each cheese stick. rolled it in the pecan mixture. Then put it in the eggs, and then rolled it back in the pecan mixture.

*by the way this is messy --- but if you are really really craving mozzarella sticks -- worth it!

Then I took each one and put them in the skillet with the olive oil. and cooked each side - turning them once one side was done.

This really hit the spot- although--LOL! they dont look as good as the ones at a restaurant-- but they taste good. Maybe with making them a few more times I will get better at it!
Cajun Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Do they get melty inside? Yum
I want to try making homemade mozzarella when I get my nerve up, and order rennet tablets.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-13-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/224/165

Yeah they do-- of course I find that b/c they are lf cheese that it takes longer- but they do get all melty inside-- again they dont look perfect but -- taste great!
Cajun Girl is offline   Reply With Quote