What's a good sauce for veggies?

• Anyone have a recipe for something hollandaise-like, or other? I am thinking of something to use mainly on asparagus, but I'd likely also use it on Brussels sprouts or broccoli.

I am not finding anything in the recipe forum. It doesn't have to be home made, if you know of a suitable jar one and where I can get it.

Gracias amigas.
  • Here's a wonderful recipe for an Alfredo Sauce that's great on vegetables that Weezle posted in the Phase 1 Misc. board -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72788
  • Terrific! And here I searched the Phase II recipes but didn't bother to look at the Phase I. Duh! Thanks for the link.
  • Yes, weezle posted several sauces that are very good. Also, in the original SB book, there is a recipe for a Hollandaise sauce, but I've never tried it.
  • Mock Hollandaise
    Hey only1....haven't made this yet, so I can't say if it's good or not:

1/4 C liquid egg subsitute
    1 TBSP Smart Balance spread
    1 tsp fresh lemon juice
    1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
    Dash ground red pepper

Combine egg substitute and the spread in a 1 cup microwaveable liquid measure. Nuke on low (20%) for 1 minute stirring halfway through, until the spread is softened.

Stir lemon juice and mustard into mixture

Nuke on low for 3 minutes stirring every 30 secs until thickened. Stir in pepper.

If mixture curdles, transfer to a blender and process on low for 30 sec until smooth.

Serves 2
    Per serving:

54 Calories
    4 g Protein
    2 g carbs
    4 g fat
    0 g sat fat
    150 mg sodium
    5 mg cholesterol
    0 g fiber
  • This isn't hollandaise, but it's a sauce my mom made one night that we demand every time she makes asparagus. I love it on ANYTHING, and as long as you have the ingredients on hand, it's SO simple to make! I'll post it in the P1 forum too.

Asparagus Sauce
    (good on other veggies, too)

Start with light or FF sour cream (I've used plain yogurt, too) in a small bowl.
    Add dijon mustard to taste (you're looking for a little "bite" but not something really spicy). Then add shredded parmesan cheese to the mixture until it's firm like dip, but still will fall off a spoon.

Sorry I don't have measurements for this--I've made a tiny amount for two small servings of asparagus or a huge bowl for a group. It's just delicious!
  • Thanks for all these ideas. I will try several of them.
  • Hot Sauce! Pump that metabolism, LOL.