3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Starbucks? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/133972-starbucks.html)

Kiko 02-09-2008 11:24 AM

Starbucks?

What are safe, Phase 1 "treats" that I can have at Starbucks? I don't go there often, but am today.

RedPhoenix 02-09-2008 12:08 PM

It's all about counting calories and self control....

I LOVE Starbucks.Something I go by is if the calories aren't posted on it/or if there's so many that I won't be able to eat anything else today...I don't eat it.I drink the store bought Fraps alot...they have a certain amout of cals and it's not so much that I'll have to go to bed hungry.You've also got to watch out for sugar though..which is why I don't drink one of those more than twice a week.Gee,I haven't been inside a Starbucks in a while(it's one of those places,like McDonalds,that I just erased out of my psyche for a little while).
Good Luck!

Schmoodle 02-09-2008 12:20 PM

Any of the sweet drinks have loads of sugar unless you ask for sugar free or add your own artificial sweetener. Also, they are all made with whole milk unless you ask for low fat or skim. If you check the website there is nutritional information and some of these drinks have an amazing amount of calories and saturated fat.

You can have any type of plain coffee or tea. You can have a cappucino or latte made with skim or lowfat milk and you can add sugar free syrup of choice. At some places these are a menu item called "skinny lattes." At other places you just order a latte and request the stuff. Their current choices are cinnamon dolce, vanilla, hazelnut, and they add other flavors seasonally/periodically. These are reasonable choices, but I would stay far away from frappes.

tammie00 02-09-2008 12:32 PM

They now have a skinny mocha at starbucks. I like it. I don't like alot of skinny lattes but this mocha is good. It is lowfat milk and sf syrup.
Tammie

Neko 02-09-2008 12:44 PM

Don't order the cinnamon dolce unless you really enjoy cinnamon. Tasted like somebody dropped a red hot in my coffee.

My favorite is a skinny Vanilla latte. Only 90 calories for a small. It's a great way to drink your skim milk. :D

michellenew 02-09-2008 12:47 PM

i love the skinny late, i go by the drive thru do.
yummy...

blondywants2bethin 02-09-2008 01:02 PM

ok funny story i was on a road trip to Pennsylvanian and we stop at a rest stop and there was a starbucks there so i asked the woman for a skim milk in my coffee sugar free mocha and sweetener so the woman well i should say girl said '' when you ask for that type of drink you say skinny mocha that how you ask '' she then proceed to give me the history on the ''starbucks lingo'' and all i wanted was the COFFEE .
anyway the skinny mocha was wonderful and really satisfies your sweet tooth
Marisa

Schmoodle 02-09-2008 05:03 PM

What did ya get Kiko?
I didn't realize you were Ph1ing. When do you finish?

xGurlyGrlx 02-09-2008 05:16 PM

I was just at Starbucks yesterday! My fav drink pre SB was the cinnamon dolce latte....and I am glad I can have the sugar free skinny version. I really like it a lot!!

Kiko 02-09-2008 07:59 PM

Schmoodle I wound up not going! I was going to leave the birthday party that my daughter was at to go, but wound up chatting with another mom. :)

I will have to try the skinny latte though. :coffee: