South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fabulous Friday Chat

TGIF!

I'm being a slug this morning, I slept in and now I'm just waiting for my coffee to finish perking. This puts me behind schedule, but I'm telling myself who needs a a schedule on my day off?
I don't have a real plan for today. After I have my shower I'll go visit mom & dad and maybe take them out for lunch. I have to remember to look for a new belt for my vacuum cleaner and do a little grocery shopping, too.
First, though, I need coffee!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

wow, sleepy morning for everyone

Enjoy your day of leisure Cottage

I have a long day today. Ended up scheduling a visit at 4 pm because I had to shift things with all the snow. Oh well, it's a fun way to end the week. Visits are a lot more fun than sitting at my desk.

Because someone asked - I haven't sorted my vacation pictures yet but my DP has hers up at www.juliesmagiclightshow.com. I think most are bird pics but there are also some scenery pics. I'll get my own sorted this weekend but hers are much better

I am looking forward to the weekend!

Enjoy your day Chicks!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I'm never third! Everyone must be sleeping in today.
Hooray it's Friday!
Have a great day cottage.
Thanks for sharing the pix Cyndi. I haven't looked yet, but I will after the kids are off.
Tina, did you search for me?
Today is the day I absolutely get back on plan 100%. I'm not going to start Ph1 until tomorrow, because I've got some baked oatmeal left.
Have a good Friday chicks!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/169/140

Good morning everybody! Today is my last work day off. I go back Mon after having a hysterectomy on Jan.29. The doctor released me Mon to light cardio work outs. No jumping, running, etc. Don't think I could do either one of those right now. But Mon I do plan on walking at work. Happy Weekend to all.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Whoooo bring on the weekend!

Cottage enjoy your day off to the fullest!

Cyndi I agree, friday is a great day to be out of the office, wish I could tag along!

Schmoodle I am going to have to try baked oatmeal, I checked out some recipes last weekend, maybe I will give it a shot. Good luck going back to P1.

ixrayu Glad to hear to you are able to get back to some exercise, take it easy at first.

Me Yesterday was so stinking busy and today looks to shape up the same. I love being the "know all, do all" but darn yesterday I just wanted to yell at all of them "can't you people do anything on your own or perhaps answer the phone?!?!" I did finally look at my boss at one point and tell him he had me inches from my limit and I couldn't be tugged in any more directions the rest of the day. I have 2 out today on the road making sales calls so maybe I can get MY work done!

OK enough of my whining, going to check out some other posts and will try to check back in later. Have a great friday chicks!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this morning after sleeping in my own bed upstairs. Geez that felt good! Today there'll be some other small step of improvement.

I'm considering getting dressed if I can fit some pants over my swollen leg. I may even get my appetite back although it's good to see my ticker being honest again!

Soon I'll be back in here full steam and will get to know the new folks.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

YES! It's finally Friday

The comedy show lastnight was great I laughed so hard. Dh & I really enjoy doing stuff like that - I think it helps the marriage.

Cottage sleeping in is suppose to be til 8 or 9. Enjoy your day with your parents.

Cyndi love the pics - thanks for sharing them. Did your daughter take them? They are good.

Schmoodle glad to hear your doing better today - remember we are here for you

Sherry good luck with getting back into the swing of things

Tonight is Family dinner night and the resturant of choice is Sticky Fingers and yes I will be eating off plan because I will be eating the ribs.

Check back in a bit
Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Simulposting going on

Morning Stephanie I hope today is better for you

Ruth glad to hear your making progress take care of your self
Old 02-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #9  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning chicks. Nothing much here. DH is home sick again today. He's got it bad. I feel I'm coming down with something, my throat hurts and I'm just tired. I found my vitamins yesterday so I'll be starting that today. I'm down a pound but just stuck. I didn't do any exercising yesterday, too much going on. Laydee doesn't want to leave her puppies so it's really hard to get her out to use the bathroom. And she peed on the carpet yesterday when she never, I mean never pees anywhere but outside. She's such a good dog. I guess it's because of her having babies and not being able to control it as good as she used to.

Well, everyone have a good day.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

We certainly do have some sleepy-heads this morning!

Cottage: I hope that you enjoy your long weekend! It sounds wonderful to have three free days ahead of you with so little plans. I'm sure your weekend will fill up quickly, though!

Cyndi: I'll be checking out the pics as soon as I get done posting here! I hope you have a good day.

Schmoodle: Good luck with P1 tomorrow. I'll be starting a P1.5 Monday morning until we leave for vacation. Hope you have a good Friday!

ixrayu: Wow, your recovery seems to be going really well. Hope you enjoy your weekend and get rested up for work on Monday.

Stephanie: Awwww, honey! I know exactly how you feel!! I hope you have a more relaxing, productive day today than yesterday!

Ruth: No matter what's going on, you're still a ray of sunshine when you pop in here! We miss you, but are happy that your recovery seems to be going a little better now.

Gonna: Being out in the boonies, we don't get any live comedy acts, but DH and I love watching the comedy central stand-up comedians on Friday nights. You're right. It really does seem to help the marriage! Enjoy those sticky ribs! Yum!

tkglenn: Laydee sounds like a great mom! I'm sure her "problem" will go away as soon as she feels confident her pups will be okay. I hope both you and DH feel better soon! Are the kiddos feeling better?

Me: Too, too busy today. I was a lazy slacker last night after dinner and didn't get the house clean. (In my defense, I had done a 50 minute workout which made me so sweaty I had to shower, so it was 8 pm by the time dinner was finished.) I'm planning on taking off after lunch to get the house at least straightened.

My parents and sister should be here this afternoon and we'll have my new entertainment center to unload and maybe put it together before DH gets home from work. I think he'd like that! Dinner is DH's famous steaks and my famous roasted sweet potatoes and onions. I think it will be a relaxing weekend. The only places we're planning on going are a restaurant that is 30 min. into the mountains and church Sunday morning.

Well, boss-man is here, so I should go tell him my plans for the day. Have a great Friday -- the weekend's almost here!!

~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 02-08-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

cottage Enjoy your free time. It doesn't come often enough.

Schmoodle Good luck with the P1 again. How long do you plan on staying on it?

tkglenn Sorry to hear there's so much sickness going around in your house. I'm sure your dog is very busy with all those puppies.

Ruth Definitely nothing better than being able to sleep in your own bed.

Kim Housecleaning is highly overrated.

I'm now at work attempting to get a huge pile of paperwork straightened out. The problem with only working 3 days a week is the day you're not at your job. My boss just puts everything in a pile.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #12  

Morning
No time for personals just wanted to say Hi. I am off to get highlights in myhair and to the grocery store. I am suppose to go into phase 2 tomorrow but I started it last night with a little bit of brown rice in my soup. No cravings and I don't feel any different today. But I know from the past of doing SB that brown rice doesn't affect me. This is the longest I have ever stayed on phase 1 I did 10 days with only one cheat. I lost 6 pounds. DD has company coming tonight and I am making pizza for them and a portabella pizza for me.
Take care
Tammie
Old 02-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/224/165

Morning Ladies,

Happy Friday to everyone! I dont know about yall - but I am do Happy its Friday! Long Week!

tk- I feel for you and the dog going "potty" in the house-- at least yours is just doing it in times of stress- My little yorkie-- just cant understand -- only go potty OUTSIDE! I even took him to Mans Best Friends-- and still he goes in the house-- it is b/c of this -- we are now going to tear out all of our carpet and stain and score the concrete!(this is going to be a HUGE job!)
cottage- enjoy that time off! I so need to schedule some of that soon!
To all the ladies starting P1 again-- Best of luck!

as for me: well got on the scale this morning and down another 2.5 lbs.
so I am down a total of 9.5 lbs-- which I am happy about but also disappointed in myself- b/c it would be so much more if I didnt cheat on my weekends-- However, great news-- for lent I have vowed to strictly stay on South Beach and do my exercises... so therefore, I wont cheat at all for 40 days-- hopefully that will break my bad habits and start a new great habit!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone-its the Weekend!

Maybe watch Spurs tonight-having leftover chili.

Tomorrow nieces birthday, will skip haburger bun and cake, well i may just taste the frosting

Out with friends to see a band. and get ready Sunday for Cancun trip.
We vowed after trip to go back on Phase 1. DH ate shrimp nachos at a
luncheon yesterday. We skipped dinner last night and split a bag of popcorn.
getting too much off plan. but still very aware of what we are eating. i came real close to buying fritos for chili tonight but didnt. Will bake those WW tortillas for chips. and yesterday after my salad at Jack in the Box, someone at work offered me last few French Fries- I was able to say NO thanks, then he threw in my trash can. I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-get em out there, I'll dig em out! He laughed and took em way. Ahhhh that feel good. One thing that helped was remembering some of those walks this week. i knew if I had those fries, he would blow some of those exercise calories I burned. I'm sure it wont always work, but I am more aware. Happy Weekend
Old 02-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

SAnative: DH and I try to never miss a Spurs game on tv. I grew up in SA and my dad has worked for Peter Holt for 26 years. When we first moved out to West Texas, we freaked out because we never got Spurs games with our satellite. We ended up having to purchase a special package, but it was all worth it to see our Spurs!! Enjoy the birthday party for your niece!!

Neko: I agree that housework is overrated. I'd put it off until tomorrow, but the fam is coming in, so it must be cleaned now. Sigh. Hope you get all that paperwork done!

Tammie: I'm envious of your highlights! No place to get them done out here! Have a great day and I'm sure your hair will come out marvelous!

Cajun Girl: Congrats on 9.5 lbs total! That's awesome! 40 days straight of beachiness? You'll be a different person after that!
Closed Thread