South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #16  

TK-OH sorry about the two puppies but glad the rest are ok.

Femme- I like Survivor too

Cottage-Cute picture

Smoodle I completely understand. Is hubby in the military? We just finished a 15mth deployment and I commend you for sticking to this while your hubby is away. I was like you with the quick and easy. So how about making 2 or 3 things on Sunday and divide them into servable sizings and eat this through out the week. I do that for something for lunch.

Me Not much going on here. Stressing over finances. I have my own business and it is kinda slow right now and since we are moving in a few months I would like to have extra money in the bank. We make enough to do what we want and with some cushion but I would like to just have that extra cushion.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #17  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I sure do have a full plate. But it's nothing I can't handle. It just really gets hard when DH has his PTSD moments. That's when I feel like I can't go on anymore. I will post pics as soon as I can get a good shot of the puppies. Laydee is always hovering over them and it's hard to get a good picture.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #18  

Good morning, chicks!

tk, Congrats on the 7 healthy puppies, how sweet! Sorry about the other ones. That is sad. Hope you do get some good sleep, though, with everything you have going on! You are wearing a supermom hat for sure this week!

cottage, the mouse picture is ADORABLE. You did a great job with the costume and your daughter looks so cute!

Cat, I don't like sweet potatoes, either, but your sound good. Were they SP fries? Or something else?

little chick, I hope you have a gentle day taking care of the sick ones. That's tough, all the way around!

Schmoodle, sounds like you hit a tough part of the beach terrain, but you are so smart to figure out what's causing the cravings and keep going! This might sound weird, but do you think you're eating enough? If I just grab a handful of something rather than having a meal, I find myself hungry and crave-y. Do you like the SF popsicles? They don't seem to set off cravings as much as the other stuff, for me. And if you ate 3 of those, no big deal! You'd still be under your sweet treat allowance! Just a thought for when you're battling cookie tower temptations. I admire you for living among the cookies. I couldn't successfully do that!!!

Femme, who are you cheering for on Survivor?

Hi Everybody Else, too!

Last night I found this fun hippie chick name generator and put it on the Weds. thread but think it was too late for most of you to see it. You should take a peek--it's silly and fun. I'm "Blossom" and Gonna is "Daydream" so far. What is your name? http://www.blogthings.com/hippiechicknamegenerator/

Wishing you all a very nice day...
bella aka blossom (tee hee)

Last edited by bellaluna; 02-07-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Today sure does feel like it should be Friday

Cottage a whole weekend to yourself sounds like you have some great plans for it. That has got to be the cuteset mose Ihave ever seen - I should know I use to work for a pest control company

TK sorry to hear about the puppies But I'm glad to hear the kiddos are getting better

Cyndi be safe in that weather

Dawn glad to hear your eating is back on plan. Hope you and df work things out this weekend

Schmoodle you poor thing your not whinning we are your friends and you are suppose to come to us when thingas are bothering you. I'm sorry your having a hard time if you think a week on phase 1 is what you need than give it a try. Good luck!

that pic is too cute Stephanie

I hope you find that extra cushion you need Tammie

Cat, PHX, & LC

ME- Nothing to exciting here today. Tonight dh & I are going to the comedy show to see Tim Wilson. I still say it should be Friday
Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #20  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Morning Bella we were simul posting - have a great OP day
Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #21  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Bella, I just sliced them very very thin, tossed them with a little olive oil and sprinkled them with some kosher salt and baked them on cookie sheets on very low heat for a long time...kind of like potato chips.

and, oh, yeah, re survivor...definately good old James since he's from LA...but I just love Yau-man (sic) too. Can't stand that Johnny Fairplay though. yuck.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-07-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #22  

Cat, yum! I'll have to try them...thanks for sharing! What would be a low heat for a long time (I'm not very good at cooking)...like 200 for 30 minutes? Or...? And Johnny Fairplay = yuck. I totally agree!!!!!

Hi Gonna!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #23  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaluna View Post
Cat, yum! I'll have to try them...thanks for sharing! What would be a low heat for a long time (I'm not very good at cooking)...like 200 for 30 minutes? Or...? And Johnny Fairplay = yuck. I totally agree!!!!!

Hi Gonna!
More like 200 for a couple of hours...you just have to keep checking them. I'm thinking about maybe getting a dehydrator.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning Chick-a-dees,
What a crappy day yesterday!
I was having a nice quiet day then my DH came and picked me up for work, and while we were driving to the bank first, he got a phone call from one of the counselors at the school he works at and ALL **** broke loose!!! This moron of an educator, didn't have a clue what my hubby was trying to say to him, OK doofus, even I know if your hard drive crashes and burns...you LOSE your files, they're isn't a recovery process! Oh and he was supposed to be saving important files in a specific file that put it on the server..not on his laptop's hard drive! he was getting really snippy with my DH, and the more he talked they more angry DH got!...and of course when he gets off the phone, he starts stressing about $$ issues! and we end up in a screaming cursing fight..and then I get dropped off at work! what a great way to start my work day!
Needless to say after a day like that...I ended up bringing home pizza and wings for dinner...i sure didn't feel like cooking, and I was still depressed! But when DH picked up the first thing he said to me was that he was sorry, and we ended up having a pleasant night, of course I still ate a couple of small slices and a few buffalo wings!..oh well. After all, Tomorrow is another day!
Tina
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #25  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Bella to answer your question about the movie Juno - yes I would recommend it it is a very cute movie - better recommended for sitting at home

Morning Tina
Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #26  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Chickies!

Quick fly-by...I have a dozen students who've popped in to say that they'll be in later. Many of them are working on a project that I'm not enjoying helping them with...it's really hard for them and for some reason, hard for me to explain.

Hope everyone is doing well...especially those of you in the tornado region. I second Cottage's thoughts...be safe and well, okay?

Not too much going on here--same old, same old. Gym after work, and then I'm going to a friend's to play Bunko for the first time. I'm bringing veggies and hummus and know someone's bringing fruit, so I think I'll be okay with snacks. The big this is if I'll be able to get dinner in before I leave...yikes!

Have a great day!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #27  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh, you know I had to look at the photos!

Pacer, your pups are just snuggle-heavenly! I want to climb on the couch with them! What cutie-pies!

Cottage, your Audrey is just a doll...absolutely LOVE her costume!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 232/224/165

Morning ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

TK- Puppies- love them of course love them more when someone else has to stay up at night with them!

Tina I can so relate---------- My lovely fiance-- and I got into it last night also, I am still so angry this morning! Cant believe he can be so selfish at times!

Good news out of it though--(always find a positive!) I didnt turn to food- I stuck with my plan ate right ! AND I think my anger speed up my metabolism b/c I lost 3.5 lbs when I got on the scale this morning-- Of course, I know it was probably weight that I had put on from TOM that just fell back off but still -- it kinda felt like a reward for not turning to bad food in times of distress!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #29  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Hi laurie hope you enjoy your evening playing bunko

Cajun good for you for not turning to food and for that the scale went down & not up
Old 02-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey gals! Count us among the east coasters now!!! The flights went quite well, albeit long, and we arrived safe and sound. Seoul to Tokyo was a short two hours. They forgot to bring the stroller and baby backpack to the gate for me, so after getting too far from the plane, thinking they had taken them somewhere farther away, and having to backtrack they called to the next gate (because, really, I need the stroller at the entrance to the NEXT airplane, and not at the one I'm getting off of with three young kids and six carry-on bags...). Twenty minutes later our things got there and we had to go through upstairs, through security, back through security, and then downstairs to find out we'd literally arrived at the gate NEXT TO the one where our connecting flight was leaving. It took us twenty minutes of waiting for the stroller and then thirty minutes to walk a net distance of twenty feet! But we made it before the plane was boarding. We had the last row of seats, which ended up not being too bad because we had an extra seat in our row so Avery got her own seat (I had brought a car seat just in case this might happen), making the long flight MUCH easier on my lap! The kids all slept a little bit, ate a little bit, watched a little bit of movies, annoyed each other a little bit, and were generally excellent. Avery HATED the airplane bathroom and was caught in her own little struggle of not wanting to pee in her diaper and really not wanting to pee in the weird potty. Poor thing. Luckily, she didn't mind the toilets in the airport so we made it through OK. We landed in Minneapolis with about three hours to go until our last flight was going to board. They sent us to the front of the customs line since I guess I looked like I needed a little break, and there was even a children's play area at that airport just a couple gates down from where we needed to be, so the wait wasn't bad. The last flight was only two hours long and my dad picked us up at the airport in Philly and then we had dinner with my parents before heading over to Tom's dad's to shower and hit the sack. We were all in bed by 10:30 and the kids are still asleep now (although Avery woke up several times before I finally just put her in the bed with me). Kadyn woke up at about 2:00 in the morning crying, "I want to go back to Korea!" I was expecting "because Daddy is there" or "I want my bunny" or something like that, but she wanted a granola bar! She thought they only had granola bars in Korea!!! I promised her I'd get her one at the store today and all was well. Last time we made this trip, they slept until past noon their first day back, so we'll see what the record is today.

It's good to be home.

I called Tom this morning and he finally got his orders, so he's been scheduling the moving appointments and all. He found out he has to do two five-week courses before he can start his job in Germany, but they don't start until May and he can't take them simultaneously, so basically at this point he either has to stay in Korea until May (which Korea isn't happy about because that means they'd be a man short because no one could come in until Tom finishes the class since he'd be still assigned to Korea) or else we would all go to Germany and get settled and then he'd leave a month later for ten weeks. I told him he needs to get into a class in March/April so the kids and I can just stay here with the family while he goes to Florida for the class. We'll see what happens. Boy, just when you think you have everything set...

Hi to everyone! I'll jump back into personals tomorrow.

Kara
Closed Thread