South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Phase I Starters - February 2008

I've never had a turkey burger. Do you buy ground turkey and make them yourselves or do they have a frozen variety? I know I wouldn't be able to get anyone else in my family to eat them, but thats not so much an issue since i'm rarely home for dinner.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

I would make them myself, I don't think I've even seen frozen ones. Sometimes in the meat case, they also have pre-made turkey or chicken burgers. Then you can always freeze them individually.

Phase 1 total weight loss 10.4 pounds. YAY!

I can now officially enjoy my whole wheat English muffin.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I buy pre-made turkey burgers because I'm lazy My fiance eats them just fine, and he's not dieting or anything. I buy a box of lean turkey burgers by Jennie-O. I thought they would be really bad as far as sodium and such since they're pre-made, but the only ingredients are turkey and spices--the sodium is remarkably low. They are found in the frozen food aisles, not really with the fresh meats.

Well, South Beach is on hold for me right now. I have a pretty bad cold. I've got some head/nasal congestion, but the worst part of it is a lot of coughing and a bad sore throat, so it's more in my upper chest. Eating makes my throat feel better, so I'm constantly reaching for something. I had some no sugar added ice cream, but it has sugar alcohols, and I had too much of it one night and spent the next day and a half being very gassy So I've been eating regular, full sugar ice cream instead, and some of my soups have things like corn or noodles. And I REALLY just want some juice, but I don't have any here, so I haven't had any yet, but I think I might go buy some.

When I feel all better, I'll hit up Phase 1 again. My scale said 316 this morning, so even though I've been eating off this plan, I guess I haven't gone too much overboard. I hope I can continue that.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/236/176

I started P1 Monday, 1/28/08. I'm excited to weigh myself tomorrow and see how I did after my first week....I have been following P1 religiously, but I travel for work, so my first/only restaurant dinner on Thursday was challenging. It was difficult to know exactly what is in the "mustard sauce" on the pork chop and how much evoo was on the brussel sprouts and to say no to wine. I got stuck in traffic Friday eve on a 2.5 hr drive home, and ended up not eating dinner until 8:30 when I got home because I didn't want to stop at a restaurant for dinner and fast food is part of what got me here......it's a little frustrating eating out but I'm sure it will get better.

Best thing is I'm proving to myself that I actually do have will power....the pork chop/brussel sprouts came with a non-disclosed pile of mashed potatoes, and I didn't touch them. The waitress looked at me funny when she asked me what she could start me off with and the first thing I blurt out is water and please take the bread away....I need to become less concerned with what others think.....having a difficult time getting breakfast in, which I know is bad, but otherwise it's going pretty good.....I'm on the road all next week, so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Last edited by KT39; 02-03-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

Welcome, KT! Sounds like you've been strong when it would have been much easier to just cave in to restaurant food--keep up the great work!

As for me, I'm still feeling kinda crappy. My nose isn't running as much, but I'm coughing a lot, and my throat still hurts. I'm going to try to start Phase 1 again tomorrow, though.

My scale said 315 this morning, so something's going alright even though I've been terribly off plan for a couple days now. Although, it could just be taking its dear time showing up on the scale, so I'll weigh in again tomorrow morning (Monday) and then wait until the following Monday to weigh again (or at least to announce my weigh-in...not sure I can actually stay off the scale for a whole week ).
Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #6  
Flutist4christ

S/C/G: 160/156/130

Height: 5'1"

Hey, everyone. I'm going to restart the SBD tomorrow. I had a good start at the end of December and into January, but after all that hard work, I lost only 4-5 pounds. Well, I got really discouraged, especially since I was walking too. When I came off Wellbutrin, I gained back a LOT of weight, so I'm going to see the doctor next week about going back on it.

One of my hardest problems with dieting is the snacking! I'm taking classes online so I spend a LOT of time in front of the computer and reading. And I snack a LOT. Like I can go through a whole bag of pecans in a day if I let myself.

My plan is to find foods that are quick and easy to prepare and that let me snack throughout the day. Also, I'm going to master this eliptical machine I have sitting in this room.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/236/176

Hey jillybean,
Thanks for the kind words.....colds suck! Have you tried the ColdEase cough drops? They always seem to help me.....

I haven't really been excersizing much, but since I'm going to be in hotels every week during February, I'm going to have no excuse since there's a work out facility right there.....should be interesting to see if I can motivate my butt to excersize.....
Old 02-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all the Newbies! Feel free to come on over and join us in the Daily Chat, too. We look forward to having you join us!
Old 02-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #9  
Eating for two!

My menu for tomorrow (starting Phase 1 again tomorrow):
  • egg salad (2 eggs, reduced fat mayo, Nasoya dijon mayo, paprika), low sodium V8
  • sf Jell-o
  • 2 frozen grilled garlic and butter tilapis fillets, tartar sauce (made myself with reduced fat mayo and no sugar added sweet pickle relish)
  • raw celery with 2T natural, no salt peanut butter (only ingredient is peanuts)
  • spaghetti squash with Ragu no sugar added pasta sauce and ground extra lean turkey breast
  • no sugar added fudgesicle
I think the above represents the first time since being on SBD that I will have a day come in at less than 3,000mg sodium!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Are you feeling better yet, Jilly? Colds are very annoying.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Are you feeling better yet, Jilly? Colds are very annoying.
I was feeling MUCH better yesterday--even had a productive day of bathing and brushing both puppies, cooking a spaghetti squash for tonight's dinner, baking chicken last night for dinner, and doing a couple loads of laundry. But when I went to bed last night, I started coughing a lot more, and now this morning, my chest and throat hurt all over again, and my nose was all stuffy. Yuck. I'm still going to try to re-start Phase 1 today, though. I'm also going to try to come home from work early to nap
Old 02-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Hello

Jill suggested I post here. I guess I'm a little late, not starting in Jan. But ............better late than never. I'v copied and reposted who I am and why I am here.

I'm new and have been reading through the boards. I'll add my thread and maybe we newbies can group up together for this phase for support.

I am here because:

I have borderline diabetes, and high triglycerides. The new Dr. was not fond of the Nutritionists diet for my diabetes. It controlled my sugar, weight started coming off, but the T's are still way to high. The new Doc recommended the SB diet, so here I am.

Married 35 years, ( that tells you I'm old)

I am not the most computer literate woman, and I wonder if my smiley face will show up when I post this...............

Mom and Grandmom . MOther to 3, grand Mum to 2. A foster son still visits frequently and I get to me the honored grand mum to his 2. I like it a lot !

Nurse......its hard sometimes to not argue with Dr.'s and Nutritionists. But I have seen the awful effects of diabetes, and I want to keep all my fingers and toes.

Current weight, 190, needs to be 140. I haven't figured out how to do the cute gizzie at the end of the post yet.

For breakfast I had my version of bubble and squeak.
Cabbage, onions, mushrooms and turkey sausage. I'm now off to eat my cheese stick before I hit the grocery store for veggies and fish. I'm gonna miss eating my apple these two weeks!

Think Red. Keep your heart healthy

Kay
KayL17 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
KayL17
View Public Profile
Send a private message to KayL17
Find More Posts by KayL17
Add KayL17 to Your Buddy List
Old Today, 12:36 PM
Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Ok I am not at all sure what happened. When I posted my reply I ended up here.

I see people are posting this month.............Hello!

Bear with me...........I'll figure this out and I hope to find you again

Kay
Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

Welcome, Kay! This is for anyone starting in 2008, not just January, so you're fine! If it were only for January starters, the thread only would have lasted 2 weeks and we'd all be done with Phase 1 by now
Old 02-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

Jill, I went through Strep Throat 2 weeks ago when I was in the first week of Phase I. I found that eating raw cauliflower (to scratch it) and hot things like sweet & sour soup and chili made my throat feel great, and I made it through without cheating. I hope you are feeling better and can stay on track this time.
Closed Thread