New here! Hello...and Question.

• Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but not really new to SBD. Last year I lost abut 30 pounds on SBD but fell off the wagon big time and gained it all back and then some.

Well I am back on the quest for healthiness again. I tried three or four times to start SBD but for some reason I kept on falling off the wagon within the first few days- and staying off for a few days. So I thought maybe I should try something else. I tried the "rice" diet, and although it did help me shake a few pounds...I got stuck after just a few. I tried switching to P2 of SBD thinking it would be a smooth transition because the rice diet allows you to eat whole grains but have been gaining over the past few days since switching. I have only been eating one grain a day and no fruit so I am thinking it may be the addition of meats that is confusing my body. The rice diet is basically vegetarian/dairy/fruit.

So, my question is- do you think I should start fresh and go P1 for two weeks? Also I am looking to lose 25-30 lbs and I know when you don't have to lose a lot you tend to be slower in losing. Thanks for any advice!!
  • Hi SparkleMommy, I don't know anything about the rice diet, but if it were me, I'd start fresh with Ph1 and give the plan a chance to work. Since you've done SB before you know the drill, detox, and get rid of cravings in the first couple of weeks to set you up for success in Ph2. Good luck!
  • Sparklemommy. Your in the right place. Good luck and keep posting
  • Thanks for the replies!
  • SparkleMommy! I would start with the two full weeks of Phase 1 if I were you, just to detox and lose the cravings. You already know the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off, so be patient. Good luck!

• what is the rice diet ?