SBD Cola Chicken

• Anyone ever try this in a crockpot? I finally invested in one after moving in w/ my boyfriend. Those things were banned from my old school italian home. My mom would probably kill me if I told her I was using one. So I'm utilizing my freedom and cooking with it as much as possible! Would this work in a crockpot?
  • I make all kinds of chicken in my crockpot.....I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't know this recipe
  • JewlieK..its just a can of diet coke and 1 cup of SBD approved ketchup mixed and chicken breast..its got a sticky under phase 1 entrees(i think) maybe phase 2
  • You could make it in a crockpot, but the sauce won't thicken, and although it's still delicious, it does taste much better with a thicker sauce. But you could take the chicken out right before you serve it, then boil down the sauce and pour it over the chicken. The sauce tastes just like a BBQ sauce, very yummy!
  • Thanks Cottage!! I'll give it a try. When I cooked it on the stove top, it didn't really thicken much. Am I not cooking the sauce long enough?
  • For meats that cook quickly, I use less cola to end up with a thicker sauce.