hummus

• Thinking of trying some hummus with veggies. What is a good brand both in taste and SBD legal? I am trying to get some quick easy snacks in the house. I have celery and laughing cow on my list but afraid I will get tired of this. Red peppers (i love them alone or with some cheese) I have a week left of phase 1. I am also roasting some veggies. I think the key to this diet is to be prepared so I really don't have to think. LOL

Tammie
  • At my local store they only carry Athenos brand. Be sure to scan the labels though because I think one or two of the different flavors might have HFCS. Just check and it shouldn't be a big deal. Good luck hummus hunting.
  • Just check the ingredients. Tahini (sesame paste), chickpeas/garbanzo beans, some oil, garlic, lemon juice...that's pretty much it. It's also easy to make your own, although I don't have a go-to recipe. Kind of throw stuff in the food processor. I think there was a thread maybe a month ago about hummus. You could do a search and see what you come up with.

Kara
  • Here ya go...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ghlight=hummus

Good eating!

Kara
  • I buy Tribe brand. They also have an organic line now if you prefer. My favorite is the roasted garlic flavor, but I also enjoy dill and plain.
  • I bought the Athenos Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, it doesn't have any HFCS in it and is very delicious!
  • Well I bought the roasted red pepper one mentioned above. Glad it is ok to use. LOL I will report back later if I like it.

Tammie
  • I adore the Sabra hummus, especially the Roasted Red Pepper. I love how light and creamy it is.
  • I like the red pepper hummus. I had a little with red peppers and celery. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tammie