3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Pudding question?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/133122-pudding-question.html)

ADAGIRL 01-31-2008 11:11 AM

Pudding question??

Could anyone tell me which kind of pudding is allowed in phase 2. Is it the prepackaged sf/ff type, or can we have the cook and serve sf/ff??

I was also wondering if it would be alright to add a pkg of cook and serve cheese cake flavored pudding mix to the breakfast cheese cakes recipe. I was hoping this would make (replacing much of the splenda) it taste more like true cheese cake?? I know that someone suggested sf/ff jello in the mix.
Oh yeah, and I was also wondering whether or not this would take the recipe from a breakfast selection to a dessert?
Sue
My version:
2 8oz pkg of ff cream cheese
1/2 c splenda
1-pkg. sf/ff cook and serve cheesecake flavored pudding mix
1-16 oz container of LF cottage cheese
3/4 c eggbeaters
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond ""
Makes 20 cupcakes approx 50 cals. each.
**I did make these and they are oh so good. I don't want to eat anymore until I make sure they are ok.

Barb0522 01-31-2008 11:53 AM

You can certainly use the cook and serve SF/FF pudding. I use it in my strawberry pie.

I don't see a problem with using the pudding in the cheesecake recipe. I've never seen the cook & serve in anything except vanilla and chocolate though. That's great if you can buy the cheesecake flavor.

cottagebythesea 02-01-2008 07:47 AM

ADAGIRL, your recipe looks great and is certainly SBD friendly. You could eat it as breakfast or as a dessert. Who says you can't eat dessert for breakfast as long as it's within our guidelines? :D

Okay, I'm definitely making these this weekend! :drool:

jillybean720 02-01-2008 09:48 AM

Is there any reason we can't use the instant SF/FF pudding mix? I've got some of those in cheesecake flavor in my pantry!

ADAGIRL 02-01-2008 12:02 PM

It sounds like we can Jill!! But, I still have the question about whether or not it will fall under the "Sweet Treat" category if we do?? Even if it does, these cheesecakes are so good. I ran the calories and they come out to about 50 cals per cupcake.

DFW Mom 02-01-2008 01:11 PM

Wow that sounds great... Where did you get the cheesecake flavor ss/ff mix?

jillybean720 02-01-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFW Mom (Post 2032624)
Wow that sounds great... Where did you get the cheesecake flavor ss/ff mix?

I can find the instant kind at any grocery store. It's Jell-o brand. They didn't used to have a sugar free version of it until more recently--I remember seeing the sugar-loaded one and thinking of how good it would be and how annoyed I was that they didn't have a sugar free version, any now they do!

http://www.kraftfoods.com/jello/prod...stant-pudding/

oopsmyhalofelloff 02-01-2008 10:08 PM

The jello ones are very good, I had continued to eat them even though my other choices were less then stellar. I like the chocolate, double chocolate and mind chocolate.

Barb0522 02-01-2008 10:32 PM

Yes, the Jello SF/FF instant mixes are also fine. It is just that for some recipes you need the cook and serve. I often use the instant for desserts and mainly use the cook & serve with strawberry pie.

deviline 02-02-2008 09:39 AM

is fat free instant pudding allow in P1

TechieGrrl09 02-02-2008 11:53 AM

Sorry deviline, I do not think the sf/ff pudding is allowed in P1. Only sf/ff instant gelatin. I may be wrong, someone please correct me if I am.

Barb0522 02-02-2008 12:10 PM

The pudding has starches so it has to wait until phase 2, sorry!

tammie00 02-02-2008 12:23 PM

How does pudding count in phase 2? as a dairy or part of the allowed sweet treats?

Schmoodle 02-02-2008 01:28 PM

I would think it counts towards both. The milk part towards the milk and the rest of it towards the sweet treats.