South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Default ?? Deciding ??

well doc told me for the 2nd time today to try sb diet. I know of it, have been reading to refresh memmory. my concern is i am diabetic and in P1 there are no carbs. i am not sure how i will react to this, since i do need them to keep my levels even. i forgot to ask, since i had so many questions already for him. i had quit smoking a year ago on the 27th gained 15 of the total 74 pounds i had lost. i look at it 15 is pretty good in a years time. but, he said i need to get back on the weight loss train again.
any suggestions.
thanks, cathy
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, you do get carbs in Phase I from the veggies, beans, and dairy. But you do not have any grains or fruit. Since you are diabetic, you definitely do need to do this under your doctor's guidance. So make sure you ask him your question.
For what it's worth, following the diet has done amazing things for stabilizing my diabetic DH's blood sugar levels, but he did not do Ph1. He just eats what I eat to give me moral support, not to lose weight. He is already thin.
It's great that you lost 74 and were able to keep so much of it off. Glad to have you with us on the beach!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/238/150

Height: 5'4"

My MIL is diabetic as well, but I'm afraid I don't remember what kind of carbs she has to have to stave off trouble. In P1 you are allowed carbs, but mainly the kind found in beans and nuts. Also, P1 really isn't a requirement; it's more to kick start you and help flush your body of the cravings for potatoes and sugars. Dr. Agatston even reccommends skipping straight to P2 for some people (teenagers being one of them - my son is the only reason I remember that... lol), so that might be an option for you.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, and I wish you great success!
zookeepera949906 is offline   Reply With Quote