South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #1  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Default no appetite

So I'm now on day 13 of phase 1 and I have absolutely NO appetite. It took everything I had today to make myself eat. Food just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I've been doing a good in making sure that i eat a variety of foods during phase 1 rather than eating the same things over and over. Just curious to know if anyone else has experienced this? I never thought I would be able to say it...but food just doesn't interest me anymore!!! lol
mandyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

mandyleigh, lots of chicks report experiencing the appetite suppression. I know it happened to me, and boy was I surprised. I have never been disinterested in food. It's important to make sure you keep eating, I was tracking my calories when I went through this, and some days I was logging 800 - 1000 calories, so I would add an extra bedtime snack. Too low is not good. You don't have to track calories, but just beware of the temptation to take advantage of no appetite and lose a few extra. You don't have to force feed yourself, just keep up the healthy nibbles.
When you start Ph2, and add back some healthy carbs, you should get your appetite back.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5 ft 6 1/2 in

I went through this also and just flowed with it. Nothing really appealed to me, so I just ate as though it did, knowing that too little was not a good thing and could shut down my weight loss altogether. Today is my first day of Phase 2 and with planning to add a little fruit and some sweet potato, I'm looking forward to the change. Still, I had my Belgian Pancakes (no sugar or flour recipe) and am not feling the nee to go crazy with my new selections!
Earthchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

I'm only on my 5th day of Ph1 and have noticed a HUGE drop in my appetite. Food still tastes good but I'm not obsessing over it all day long like I used to. I think it's pretty great!
Shesaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

The freedom from cravings is truly amazing, isn't it?

Mandy, it's possible, too, that you might not be getting enough B vitamins. Do you take a multivitamin daily? You might want to check with your physician, just in case. But it'll probably go away as you move into P2.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote