South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend On The Beach Chat

I woke up to the wonderful aroma of coffee wafting up the stairs. That was a nice way to entice me out of my nice warm nest this morning!
It's a cold one today! We're going out for a bit of breakfast shortly, then I have to go shopping for a baby shower gift for my niece. The baby shower is this afternoon, and of course I waited until the very last minute to buy a present!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:34 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, have fun at the shower! (and thanks for reminding me that I need to get a baby gift for one of my daughter's friends! One of my clients sells organic baby gifts and I need to ask her to send me something special!)

It is cold and nasty and rainy here just like it's been for the last 2 weeks while my family has been here. We went to N.O. yesterday to eat, but had to skip the dessert place because the weather was so icky and we figured we would get stuck in Mardi Gras parade traffic anyway, so we headed back around 4. Today we are driving over the Gulf Coast to visit another cousin who has a "weekend house" over there. And if the rain slacks up, tomorrow we are going to "Barkus" which is a Mardi Gras parade for dogs and a real hoot. This year's parade theme is "Indiana Bones and the Raiders of the lost bark"

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-26-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies, thank goodness for the weekend! Not much on my plate today except cleaning and laundry. Thinking of starting some Chili, sure have had the weather for it!

Cottage Enjoy the baby shower!

Cat that doggie parade sounds like a blast! Enjoy!

Now that I think about it I may make today a SB baking kinda day! Off in search of good eats!

Have a great weekend chicks! And dust to us all!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
Cottage thats The second best way to wake up. . .When I was a teenager I was usually up first (Im just a morning girl) Occasionally My Mom or Gram would awaken me With a cup of Coffee That gave me such a good memory to start the day with!!! Thanks Have fun at the shower!!
Cat I want to go to BARKUS TOO! That sounds so great!
Steph your day sounds like mine!
This is a quickie as I'm pondering going back to bed or to WATP I'm going to do more Ph 1.5 and a lot less Ph 2 I'm a bit too far into the dark side
Old 01-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

Cat, one of my friends from grammar school was stationed in Mississippi recently and went to that parade with her little something of a dog last year. She had a blast and sent me about a hundred pictures of the thing!

Kierie, good luck with your Phase 1.5! Cutting out the bread helps me get back on track. Even if I have some oatmeal I'm fine. It's just the wheat that seems to get to me, and if I let it get out of control then I'm dizzy from spiraling.

Stephanie, you reminded me that I forgot to do my laundry tonight...oops...I'll have to start it in the morning before I head out to do my run. Maybe I should start it afterwards so I can throw in my stinky clothes!

Linda, enjoy your baby shower!

I had a GREAT yoga this morning! She did lots of twists, which helped so much with my menstrualness. But now I'lm pooped so I think I'm going to hit the sack early so I can be up bright and early for my run tomorrow morning. Then church and grocery shopping (homemade tortilla pizzas for dinner ) and an afternoon off.

Hope you all have a great day!

Kara
Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone,

Cottage Coffee sounds divine Have a nice breakfast.

Femme The dogs are so cute. Have great time.

KO & Pacer Have a relaxing day.

Me Well I caved in and got out the scale. I know bad Dawn. Good news is I lost 2 pounds and I already put it away. I'm off to shopping and errands with mom. We're going to dinner with family friends tonight and I couldn't find a menu on line so I hope I don't go overboard. This was also part of my scale justification I figured if I did well I could keep that # in my head while dessert is being passed around.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #7  

Kara -darn simulposting. Sleep well. I'm glad you had a great day

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 01-26-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Dawn, don't tell, but I think I'm going to get on my scale tomorrow morning. I've eaten clean all week and I'm curious to see what it says. But don't tell. K? Congrats on the two pounds!!! You rock!

Kara
Old 01-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #9  

I promise I won't tell But let me know how it goes.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

It'll be interesting because of my current state of "flowing". I'm hoping to see a little loss anyway, but even if I'm still the same I know I really lost. We shall see!!!

Kara
Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #11  

You have the best attitude about it. I had a little talk in my head before I actually got on the scale and imagined you telling me not to be disappointed and all the reasons it may not go down. Thank you it helped tremendously. I was thinking about your scale situation... Have you ever had your body fat% measured? For as much as you exercise maybe that would be a more acurate measure of your success?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

I haven't. I can't even think of a place one could go to have that done. And you're welcome. It's nice when the little voices inside your head actually help out, huh?!

Kara
Old 01-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #13  

It's nice when the little voices in my head make since Maybe when you're state side there will be a nutrition clinic or something? Just a thought. I've always wanted to do it but I'm a coward
Old 01-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5 ft 6 1/2 in

Moring everyone! Was up early to run errands; to post office, Asian food and regular grocery store store and pet store; I have one more errand (duahgter's boyfriend B-day gift-gift certificate to a Brazilliam Buffet here, boy , talk about some good food and plendy of it!!!.... and will have the rest of the day to myself-ahhhh....
Femme, I would love to be at the Barkus parade; I have a pug that is my "baby" and would love to be able to take him-sounds like a real hoot from the photos!
This is my last day of phase 2, and bought some strawberries for tomorrow-yum! BYW-those scales are just plain wicked! I was 4lbs down today WTH???-did nothing different, and know that if I weigh tomorrow I'll be where I was the day before and let down....Have a great weekend all!

Speaking of coffee-the main reason for the Asian food trip was to pick up some REAL coffee; I am a serious Cafe Du Monde addict and the Vietnamese food stores are the least expensive way to feed my habit. I'd been drinking generic dark roast all week and feeling deprived.

Last edited by Earthchild; 01-26-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #15  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

afternoon everyone.

i don't usually have time to participate in the chats, but i'm sort of on holiday at my folk's and today is a good day for me! This morning i weighed in (been trying to kick the scale habit too!) and to my surprise i've made my January loss goal about a week early. this is my first self set goal and it feels great to have accomplished this with just diet and exercise. the only other time i've successfully lost weight was back when you could still get ephedra pills.

visiting with family for 3 weeks has definitely been a challenge (for instance today all the women are meeting for the first time in years for lunch and where was the agreed upon restaurant? Pizzaland. yeah. Just try changing the plans of 12 women from all over New York state. So I'm gonna eat a load of protein before i head out and try to get by on salad and veggies. I'm sure i'll get some ribbing and dang that pizza will smell good, but after hitting my Jan. goal there's no way i'm gonna head backwards.

im starting to look forward to going back to the BF and my dogs and the relief of a cheat-food-free house!

have a lovely rest of the weekend everyone
Closed Thread