South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Default Least favorite recipe

Whats your least favorite one you made? I made the 3 bean soup with the can of refired beans added. I cooked it overnight (too long) in crockpot. It came out mushy and not good at all. i will go back to 15 bean soup bag. I only use a 1/3 of the bag and lots of fresh veggies, crushed tomatos, etc.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #2  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I remember when I was little my dad made this turkey thing that had cooked peaches in it and it was awful. Till this day, it is a constant joke with me, my brother and my dad. It was just awful.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Do you mean from the recipe board here? If so, I'll have to think hard about that one. Most of the things I've tried are sooo good.

But if you mean ever, then my Dad's mackerel casserole, for sure. He is a terrible cook, bless his heart, but when my Mom went back to work, he pitched in and tried to fix dinners for us. He made this casserole, and thought a t of salt was a Tablespoon. He also over-mixed it, so it turned out to be this very salty brown sludge. Of course, we didn't want to hurt his feelings, so we had to eat some of it. Oddly enough, he makes the world's best fluffy, non-lumpy mashed potatoes, so he is the designated potato maker for all holidays. But that's definitely where his talents end.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

I think the worst SBD recipe that I have tried was the pepper steak...it had too much black pepper...I had really bad indigestion. That's the only one I haven't liked.
The worst thing I have ever made was when I first got married almost 21 years ago....I was making a big breakfast for my hubby...and decided that biscuits with gravy would be good...LOL...I had never made gravy before ever...but I had a pretty good idea, I thought! I put a cup of flour instead of a couple of tablespoons in it! LOL it was the thickest gravy ever! I kept telling my DH that he really didn't have to eat it..but he was being so sweet he ended up eating it all , or I really should say...choking it down (I didnt' eat any of it!) Needless to say..I'm a much better cook now that 21 years ago! LOL
Old 01-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

The worst South Beach recipe I have tried was the Creamy Garlic Smashed Cauliflower. Didn't like the taste or texture.

The worst I have ever made was cooking for my boyfriend (future husband) & I made a cherry pie with bing cherries instead of pie cherries. Yuck! Also made him an apple pie with the wrong kind of apples. Very dry! I also like to make homemade bread, so I thought I would make rolls instead. I baked them the same amount of time as a loaf. The were so hard, they would have broken a window if you tossed them at it!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #6  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I don't have any single worst recipe, but I don't really care for the ones that involve baking with Splenda. The texture of baked food and the taste of Splenda just don't mesh well and it kind of grosses me out. Oddly enough I don't mind things like candies, popsicles, pudding, and yogurt with Splenda in it.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #7  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I have liked every recipe I have tried on this site except for the black bean brownies. They tasted nothing like brownies and the texture was really gross. Like a dried out sponge! Eww.
I am not fond of the baked splenda taste either. I do like the peanut butter cookies though. I dont mind the splenda in that.

Last edited by xGurlyGrlx; 01-23-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

the worst for me are the ricotta deserts in the sb book
Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

GurlyGrl, I've been messing with the black bean brownie recipe. I've almost got it. If you search in the forum, a couple weeks ago I posted my closest recipe so far. My first attempt was disastrous but this latest (maybe the fourth or fifth try) wasn't bad at all.

I also don't care for Splenda, crk, but I can have a splash of the DaVinci syrups in hot chocolate or tea or milk and not mind it.

Murph, I agree, mashed cauliflower = But I do love roasted cauliflower!

All in all, the worst thing I've ever had was about ten years ago when Tom's dad made stuffing for Thanksgiving and put bananas in it. I don't know what possessed the man but it was just awful. Blech. We still tease him about it.

Kara
Old 01-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Keeping this strictly to SouthBeach recipes, I'd have to say that the recipe I just can't stomach at all is the highly rated Cauliflower & Kale Bake. I've tried it several times, each time I thought it was awful!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #11  

cottage, do you dislike Kale in general? I was thinking of trying that one, because I really like kale, but that is two powerful tasting veggies together!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/177/160

Height: 5'10''

I have to say that my least favorite recipe was the Chicken Divan. I am not sure if I did something wrong, but it ended up being a salad/cereal night for the whole family! I suspect that I may have added too much Curry...The recipe calls for 1t curry, but a reply post said that DH really didn't like Curry so she added 2Tbs. I was not sure so I went with 1TBS.
My kids thought I was trying to poison them with my "green and yellow experimental food"!!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #13  

It probably was the curry. I don't like the taste of curry powder usually, but I make the Chicken Divan with 1 t. and it is very milkdand I don't mind it in that dish.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5 ft 6 1/2 in

humm-that mock hollandaise sauce in the original book for phase 1 turned out pretty nasty......
Old 01-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Gonna I totally agree with you on the ricotta desserts...I thought I was going to like them the first time I made it...but the texture it horrible!!! I couldn't take it...so now I stick to jello and sf fudgsicles!
Closed Thread