1. Shrimp cocktail - for a low carb cocktail sauce you can combine 1 cup reduced sugar ketchup (Heinz made with Splenda) with 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, couple dashes hot sauce.
2. pita pizza - these can be cut up into bite size pieces and you can make a wide variety.
3. Buffalo chicken bites - bite size pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast (or tenders) baked with a hot sauce mixture of transfat free margarine and hot sauce (like Frank's Hot sauce) and served with celery sticks and a blue cheese dipping sauce.
5. fat free or low fat hot dogs served on whole grain/ wheat buns can be topped with chili or SBD friendly cole slaw
6. SBD friendly cheeseburger or even more fun are "slammers" which are just mini burgers that you can put on whole grain/ wheat rolls. Cute, cooks fast, and finger sized.
7. Tray of pickles, olives, cheeses, vegetables.
8. Pita chips with different dips like salsa, Velveeta Light mixed with Rotel, hummus (yum!), and guacamole.
9. Deviled eggs
10. stuffed mushroom caps - lowfat turkey sausage, ww bread crumbs, or whatever you prefer
1. chocolate dipped strawberries
2. SBD friendly meringue cookies (vanilla, chocolate, etc.)
3. peanut butter and jelly cookies (out of the 30 minute SBD cookbook)
4. Ranger cookies (SBD Parties & Holidays Cookbook)
5. White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries (I snagged this from online but didn't put the link in because it might be removed).
South Beach Diet Phase 2, Phase 3
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Makes: 6 servings, 1/2 cup each
2 cups cold fat-free milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O White Chocolate Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping
1 cup fresh raspberries
South Beach Diet - DIRECTIONS
Add milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended.
Add the whipped topping and raspberries; stir gently until well blended.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
South Beach Diet Nutrition (per serving)
Total fat 0.5 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 250 mg
Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 4 %DV
Vitamin C 8 %DV
Calcium 8 %DV
Iron 4 %DV
Let me know if you would like any of the recipes from the cookbooks and I can email you.
Good luck and have fun!