Just got through Day One!

• Yep, Day One is finally over. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I expected... which kind of leads me to think that I'm doing something wrong. Well, for breakfast I had an omelet and two strips of turkey bacon. For lunch I had a chicken breast salad and a Coke Zero, and for dinner I had a half-assed attempt at chicken parmesan sans pasta (though, it was pretty good, so I'm not complaining). My snacks basically consisted of string cheese. I actually had no idea what to drink, and I can't bring myself to drink water without flavor, so I just flavored some water with Jell-O powder. Well, I may just be rambling here, but I just was so excited about today that I just had to let SOMEONE know!
  • I just finished my first day too! The eating wasn't bad as I'm transitioning from another similar eating plan...although I did have a MASSIVE headache all day. I'm not sure if it's from the lack of carbs or the diet lemon tea I was drinking all day that was flavored with saccorin. I know aspartame can cause headaches but saccorin I'm not sure.

Anyhow, here's what I had today and what I'm going to have tomorrow:

B - 2 scrambled eggs with a bit of ff milk added in; 2 peices of bacon
    S - string cheese
    L - frozen south beach diet meal; steak and broccoli w/ cheese sauce; salad w/ italian; sf jello
    S - string cheese
    D - pork roast with greenbeans
    And a lot of diet sf lemon iced tea

Tomorrow:

B: cottage cheese, maybe with something added in. Not sure yet.

S: celery sticks with 2 tbs natural peanut butter

Lunch: Layered mexican dish (layered in a tupperware bowl...ff refried beans, salsa, avacado, cheese, olives) I think I'll heat it up right before eating.

S: string cheese

D: pork roast or pork chop (left overs) with salad or greenbeans

DST: no sugar added fudgepop
  • Great job! You all should join in with the Phase 1 starters thread! So many fun gals over there!!!

Kara
  • You chicks are doing great, but remember to eat your 4.5 cups of veggies. Keep up the good work. And post with us in the daily.
  • Great job! The first day is often the hardest, and it's great that you found it to be an easier-than-expected experience! Hang in there and make sure you get those veggies in every day.
  • Day #2 here for me! I lost ONE pound Day #1? I was expecting more...but I know I am just starting? I know I have seen some folks drop 4 pounds the first day?? Maybe because I have already lost so much?
  • Skinny - be proud of that 1 pound! Since you've only been on SB for one day the loss is simply water weight and less actual food weight in your belly. Give it a few days and you will lose more as your body starts to burn off the fat.

Good luck and you're doing great! =)