3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   The Million $$ question?...for South beachers? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/131015-million-%24%24-question-south-beachers.html)

Skinny4baby 01-11-2008 09:23 PM

The Million $$ question?...for South beachers?

Do you really lose BELLY FAT first? ;) That what it says on the front of the book?..LOL!

tomandkara 01-12-2008 03:01 AM

*I* didn't. That's what I really wanted to lose. I lose weight from the "outside in" as it were - fingers and toes get skinny first and then it works its way up my arms and legs until I will hopefully get the belly last of all. Still waiting on that one! Guess I should be glad I'm losing fat at all, no matter where it's coming off...

Kara

CyndiM 01-12-2008 06:53 AM

Sadly no luck here. I've lost 35 so far. First was my face, then my thighs and hips. It's been a little weird buying clothes. The brands that used to run just right for my body no longer work. I'm still hoping for more loss in the belly area.

Ruthxxx 01-12-2008 07:11 AM

I think Dr A meant core fat, not the tummy, when he wrote that. That's the most dangerous type of fat.

femmecreole 01-12-2008 07:22 AM

Me Neither....the old belly is definately shrinking, but seems to be the last place. I've had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy (none of them "bikini" cut) and thought maybe it was just me!

Schmoodle 01-12-2008 10:22 AM

I lost from the middle out - opposite of Kara. I could see it first in my midsection. Seemed like it took longer to see it in my face, and I waited forever for my fingers to get a little smaller - I had a ring I couldn't take off anymore and I really wanted to get it off!

Rubberduck 01-12-2008 10:55 AM

I lost in my tummy first, but my difficult areas are my hip, thighs, and butt.

Skinny4baby 01-12-2008 12:32 PM

It should be VERY interesting to see where I loose it first with this plan? I have actually lost evenly all over...I started having more in my mid-section, so I still do. I am hoping that it comes off there first since I have lost so much so far?

I will let you know in a few weeks. I hope I can do it?:^: I think I will measure just to make sure? Anyone else measure?

THINBYJUNE 01-12-2008 11:13 PM

I think mine started at the top and is working its way down. I'm like ruuberduck...can't seem to get the hips, thighs, and butt to realize they are NOT welcome here anymore. I do measure once a month. It is often the only thing that keeps me from taking a sledgehammer to the scale ;)

dlm30 01-13-2008 12:15 AM

I lost from the belly first. I was happy when my belly button was free to breath again!
Danielle

little chick 01-13-2008 07:30 PM

This time on Ph 1 I have lost first in my fingers, but I have noticed that the belly is looking a little flatter, but I also had TOM a few days into ph 1, so I am not really sure what the flatter belly is from. My butt and thighs are always the last to go, but where I need it the most.

milkduds38 01-13-2008 07:36 PM

Belly fat

I started the SBD on 1/7/08 & today I notice that I'm loosing weight in my thighs,stomach & arms. Maybe it's water, but will take any thing I can get. Good luck.

Leia 01-13-2008 07:49 PM

Lost the LOWER tummy first by leaps and bounds. The pouch is almost gone now.

Lower abdomen lost 5.5" verses the 3" on the upper waist and 4.25" on the hips in inch comparison. Most of my weight is in my hips and thighs.

*back on phase one after being a baaaad girl over the holidays*

Skinny4baby 01-13-2008 08:10 PM

Oh please! please let me be like you and lose from my LOWER stomach. That is awesome!!!!!

pamatga 01-15-2008 02:44 PM

Yes I do and did and it is the most dangerous too

Well, as you can see by my ticker I did not lose one pound on Phase One and I followed it to the letter. I was not able to complete the full 14 days because I literally ran out of food. I cleared out my cupboards and refrigerator before starting and I guess I didn't plan well enough. Anyway, I had 11 amazing days. I did not lose any weight BUT and this is a big BUT (besides my own) I lost a lot of inches. I lost 4 inches in my waist alone and a couple of inches off both my hips and thighs. A skirt that I had wore a month ago which was somewhat tight on me was swimming on me the other day when I wore it.

Belly and midriff fat is considered to be a predisposition to heart disease and since Dr. A is a cardiologist he developed this food plan to help his heart patients, that is how this all got started. And, yes, I lost a lot of belly fat even though it didn't show up on the scale. I would have liked some numbers to back me up on that but my clothes really showed a big lose!:D