South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #1  

Default has anyone done phase 2 only?

Just wondering if anyone didnt do the phase one and just eats like the phase 2. I feel like the ph1 is just too boring and getting me depressed and frustrated. I think about it all the time and get down.
lanagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Have you read the book? Phase I is designed to detox your body and get rid of carb cravings. If you do just Phase II, you are really doing calorie counting - in fact, if you aren't careful, you could gain weight on Phase II if you are not careful of quantities.

Phase I should not be boring if you are selecting a wide variety of foods from our Phase I Revised Food List in the FAQ Section. Have you tried any of our recipes? The Taco Bake is yummy and worth the effort.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #3  
A real southern belle

S/C/G: 172.6/172.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I did Phase I- a week in to it, I broke down bawling because I'm SO picky I was living off meat & cheese- and Popsicles. I couldn't choke down another side salad. I've been meaning to jump back in to South Beach Diet, but honestly, I'm so afraid of Phase I!
Keepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, you all need to read the recipes section! And the book. When you understand the reason for detoxing your body and getting rid of the cravings, it will be worth it for you to put in the energy to make it through that week. With all of the terrific recipes, there is no need for your food choices to be boring at all! The first time I did Phase 1 back in the spring, I remember posting that I didn't even feel like I was on a "diet" because the food was just so tasty. Experiment! Make some new things! You'll be glad you did.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My husband is diabetic on medications, and I'm insulin resistant on metformin (a diabetic medication). Our doctor recommended several lower carb diets, including Southbeach, but told us he generally recommends that patients avoid induction (especially patients like my husband - because it was too low carb with the medications he is on). He said the only difference he has seen in patients that skip the two week induction is that their weight losses for those first two weeks (in Phase 2 rather than 1) are a little more modest. My husband has lost 40 lbs so far.

If you don't feel you can get through induction, starting at Phase II certainly would be better than giving up.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #6  
A real southern belle

S/C/G: 172.6/172.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I have the book, I read the book, we did the recipes I could do- but like I said, even understanding WHY, I couldn't force myself to eat the veggies that were allowed. If you're not super picky though (like my husband) it's great, he LOVED the diet.

Last edited by Keepee; 01-12-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: remembered my non picky husband loved it lol
Keepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I personally feel like Ph1 really set me up for success. I was never able to diet before because I was too hungry, craved things. I used to think another word for diet was ****. But Ph1 got rid of my cravings and that is the only way i stayed on plan. Well, that and lots of experimentation, and support from the chicks. And I love to cook usually. However, different things work for different people, and lots of people combine aspects of various diets to find what works for them. Some of the chicks combine WW and SBD. Some count calories, some don't. If you really dislike veggies, this plan will be a challenge, Ph1 or Ph2. I think if you are living off of meat, cheese, and popsicles, you are not really doing SBD - maybe Atkins? So if you think it is right for you to go right to Ph2, try it, and be sure and let us know how it works for you. I'm sure other people will ask this same question in the future.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote