SF choc covered peanuts?

• One of my fave treats has always been Goobers (choc covered peanuts), and I've kinda been craving them. I found some SF choc covered peanuts by Russell Stover. Does anyone know if a small serving of them would be okay on Phase 1? I looked at the ingredients, and the only sweeteners were artificial (no "ose"es or corn syrups) like maltitol, Splenda, and sorbitol. I forget what the calorie/fat counts were but they were close to the can of regular peanuts I had in my cart.

TIA!
  • I have always used those products, even on induction. They never affected me.
  • I've used those products too, but be careful because they can be a trigger.

Also don't eat to many because some people have an adverse reaction to maltitol... I'll spend many hours running to the bathroom if I eat to much!

Sorry, TMI, I know but I didn't want you to be surprised!
  • Chocolate-covered peanuts would be considered a "sweet treat", and in Phase 1 we're given an allowance of 75 calories for our "sweet treat". So as long as you only eat enough to meet that requirement, I think they'd be OK.
  • Thanks, guys! I had probably half a serving to satisfy my craving then passed the bag off to someone else to finish. lol It was the only way I wouldn't go back later & polish off the bag.
  • way to go!