South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

Question Can we have split Chick Peas on Phase I?

I want to make a soup for dinner tonight because the family isn't feeling well and I want to use my Goya Yellow Split Peas as a base. Any thoughts if I can use this? I thought of it as a Legume' but now I'm not sure as the carb level seems a little high.

Feedback ASAP would be very much appreciated.
Cannwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Yes you can

According to the list of accepted foods of the most current version for P1 on SBD that I copied and pasted from this web site chick peas are one of the accepted legumes. I love legumes too so I was so happy to see that as well. All it says is begin with 1/3-1/2 serving at first. You didn't say if you were starting this for the first time or returning to P1 after being on P2 for awhile. I really poured over the food lists before I began this because I wanted to make sure that I didn't screw things up.

I come from another food plan where I ate a lot of legumes because 1) I love them 2) they are high in fiber which means they are very good for you but they also slow down the process of insulin being released in your body so the fiber moves out most of the food product before it has had a chance to settle on your body. 3)fiber fills you up!

Eat chick peas tonight and hope your family feels better soon!

Last edited by pamatga; 01-07-2008 at 12:47 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yep, split peas are on the Phase I foods list. Hope you are all feeling better soon.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote