3FC Newbie, 2nd Yr Attempt at SB

• had this same resolution last year and thanks to friends who successfully beat back their age and fat with SB/exercise, we (hubby & I) did a good 6mos of SB last year but come summer, we slacked and even though we took away some important and yummy lessons (whole wheat pasta/tortillas, turkey bacon, etc.), in the 6mos since, we've gained it all back. So it's time to start again and this time with the knowledge that just taking away a few lessons after just a few months isn't going to keep it working.

planning the Phase 1 menu tonight (we're each over 100 lbs to lose so we're doing Phase 1 for 3 weeks with the last week being a "soft" Phase 1) with an intended start of January 1st. As we're spending the next few months concentrating on our careers and not our social life, we feel moderately comfortable being able to stick to the Phase 1 regimen. I love SB except for 2 things: white potatoes (prefer them infinitely over sweet) and corn (esp. tortillas) ... everything else is wonderful!

I'm looking forward to getting all sorts of suggestions and advice on here because sometimes we just get stuck in a rut and that's the enemy for us, it seems.

• Hello dbz, glad to have you and DH on the beach! Lots of us are re-doing Ph1 starting Jan 1, so you'll have lots of company.
  • dbz. Good luck on your journey.
  • Hi to you there in S. CA...Love the picture of the beach...I can just picture my self walking down that trail....in the nice warm sun shine.

Good luck to you in the new year. I must reread the book about phase 1 in order to get off to a good start with you and hubby tomorrow...Off we go with the weight !
  • You're in good company, dbz -- a lot of us are re-starting Ph 1 this week!

This will be the 3rd round of SB for SO & I. The good news is that the plan seems to "stick" a little more each time for us. Maybe we're flukes, or maybe we're actually learning.

Either way, time to stock up on the ricotta and cocoa powder!
  • Welcome to the beach both of you.
  • dbz! Glad to have you and your DH on board!
  • Welcome onboard!!!
  • Welcome, welcome! We're glad to have you join us!!!

Kara