South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Default Help with Processed Foods

I know we should avoid them and usually do, but need help in choosing SBD friendly salad dressings, whole wheat crackers, and esp cereal/granola bars.

I have always been a label reader, but it was usually watching fat grams, sodium, fiber, etc. not sugar. I know cereals should be 7-8-9 sugars grams per serving. Any ideas on good cereal/granola bars? I read some labels this weekend at Whole Foods, alot of them are high in sugar and fat. I would like to have some on hand for quick breakfast or dessert.

I read my label at lunch today of Kens Lite Accents balsamic vinegarette spray and the third ingredient was corn syrup! any ideas on dressings? will try to make my own, in fact, I think I will reuse spray bottle and make some with my balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil. Even tho we can have good fat, I am still used to watching fat intake.

Whole wheat crackers-any good ones?

Dont want to get obsessed with reading labels, but there is such a large variety outthere and not sure of my choices. thanks.
SAnativegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

It is challenging to scour all those labels. The easiest way to avoid it of course is to make from scratch.
But I can tell you that reduced fat triscuits are yummy and legal. Don't know about other crackers.
I couldn't believe how hard it was to find salad dressings without sugar. I now make my own or use Godess Dressing from Trader Joe's. I think TJ's has some other varieties too that are legal.
I don't like any of the legal cereals - Uncle Sam, fiber one, etc., so I have mostly given up cold cereal. It doesn't satisfy me that much anyway.
I stay away from any kind of bars. Too easy for me to overdo. I don't know of any legal ones, except maybe the Kraft SB Bars, but even those have things you probably don't want to eat, and also they are really good and if I buy a box, I'll eat the whole thing in a couple of days. If you have more self control than me, you may do better.
Hope this is some help!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

I like kashi products. Don't know if they're SBD friendly but they don't use weird chemicals or high fructose corn syrup.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5 ft 6 1/2 in

Are the All Bran crackers on for phase 2 and three??
Earthchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I choose reduced fat Triscuits as my crackers (limiting portion is hard ) - but I think they are "legal".

I have spoon size Shredded wheat, Shredded what w/ bran and/or Fiber One when I have cold cereal. I have read every box on the aisle - these seemed to fit the bill!

I make my own olive oil and vinegar/lemon juice dressing, so I am no help there.

Ally
amasam is offline   Reply With Quote