Phase I Starters 2008

You're on Page 1 of 35
Go to
  • Some folks have already started Phase I but there will be a big influx of new folks on January 1. Let's get the new thread started so we can support each other as a group rather than having individual and repetitive threads.

If you are new, please do an introduction post and then join this group.
  • Ruth you are always on the ball. I am going to spend the week end re reading the book and getting ready for Jan 1st.
  • My big plans for tomorrow are to clean out the pantry and fridge and finalize my P1 menu. Monday we're doing our big P1 grocery shopping and prep. I may also cook a few meals to freeze. Monday night we're going to a casual bash at our friends' place, so we're going to be quite lax until then. Tuesday the gloves come off!!

I need to order a new copy of the book as my copy "walked" off. I think it may be in the hands of my BIL's ex-girlfriend, but I'm not sure. Off to B&N!!
  • Kim, WAIT! A revised copy will be out at the end of April 2008. Amazon is taking pre-orders. Be sure to use the 3FC link to order so the site gets the credit.
  • Thanks, Ruth. I knew I had heard about the revised edition, but I wasn't sure when it's coming out. I'll be sure to use the link!
  • Count me in! Tuesday's the big day. I'm going to plan menus and shop this weekend. I think I'll plan all 2 weeks of Ph1 so it's a no-brainer. I'm very excited and ready to get back to normal.
  • That's what I'm doing, Schmoodle. Planning every bite down to my pre-workout snacks. That's the only way for me to stay on track. (Besides coming to 3FC every day! )
  • I'm using the weekend to use up or throw out all the Frankenfood, and am also planning my menus for the next 2 weeks of Phase 1. Every meal and snack will be planned, so there's no room for excuses for me.
    Now if only this darned ankle would heal already, so I can get back to exercising again.
  • I started Phase 1 on 12/16, so am a few days in. I have not been eating as balanced as I should, but will do a good grocery shop on Sunday. This is at least detoxing my body if nothing else.
  • What motivation you all have! My plan is to go through the book again and get the stuff I need on Monday. Glad this thread was started I will be here often.
  • I am there with you all, I am planning on doing the full two weeks of Phase I to get back on track and get the ball rolling again. I actually have to work on New Years Day but am already planning in my head what I need to pack for work to stay on track that day. I am glad there will be lot's of us doing phase I together will keep me motivated.
  • Going to try Phase 1
    Hello all... I'm new to South Beach... got to goal on Weight Watchers and have pretty much maintained my weight until the past 6 months... a little too much freedom and I feel like all I eat is lower fat carbs... need to try something a little different to get back in control!

I have many questions and know that this is a great place to be for support. I am shopping today and will come back frequently as I've already read so many great posts!

Happy New Year to all!
  • Today is menu planning and pantry cleaning, Monday is going to be a huge shopping trip. I have cleaned up my act since Christmas, though, so Ph1 won't be as much as a shock to my system, I hope.
  • Just Peapodded all my groceries and tomorrow and Monday will be spent Adiosing all the foul non SBD Ickyness from my pantry!
    Tomorrow is Menu planning But I know I'm making a meatloaf tomorrow and Taco Bake on Monday
    Bring it on!
    Now where are my boxing gloves
  • Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and will be starting Phase 1 on Jan 1!

I am very excited to start 2008 off with a clean slate and make some real healthy changes in my life.

Happy (AND HEALTHY) New Year!