South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #31  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Do be sure and count me in as I will be phase 1 bound 1/1/08. Got my menu together and the grocery list and I will be headed out to do my shopping in a few minutes.

Good luck and to all the new & old starters of phase 1
Old 12-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #32  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Today I am cleaning out the kitchen.... Yeah me. I am ready to get started. I am tired of feeling crappy.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all the Newbies that will be joining us!!!!

Diva, you can pre-order the new South Beach Diet book on Amazon by typing in "updated South Beach Diet". That's what I did, and the book will be shipped around May 2. Don't forget to order anything on Amazon through our 3FC Amazon link. You'll find the link in the stickies posted above.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:38 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 175/175/175

Height: 5'3"

Question New - Need sample menus for a day or two

I am new, would like to start within the hour, but I'm actually having difficulty finding a sample menu. I see the recipes in the book but is there a place where a couple of days menus are written out so I can get a look at what a day should look like? I'm hungry now (8:34 am), maybe someone will post a reply quickly. I just got the book Saturday (today's Monday) and haven't spent much time with it. If someone could help me out with this request I'd really appreciate it. I want to start NOW! Thanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

norvalentine, I've got this posted on my fridge, and I'm sure I got it from here somewhere, but I can't find it. Maybe one of the mods knows. Anyway,

BREAKFAST
Protein: Quantity is not limited
Vegetables: Minimum 1/2 cup
Fruit: 1 serving allowed daily (with this meal or other, Ph 2 or 3). Gradually increase to 3 total servings /day.
Starch: 1 serving allowed daily (with this meal or other, Ph 2 or 3). Gradually increase to 2 or 3 total servings /day.
Milk/Dairy: 2 cups allowed daily (including yogurt).
Fat: 1 tsp mayonnaise or oil (optional)

LUNCH
Vegetables: Minimum 2 cups
Fruit: see breakfast info
Starch: see breakfast info
Milk/Dairy: see breakfast info

DINNER
Vegetables: Minimum 2 cups
Fruit: see breakfast info
Starch: see breakfast info
Milk/Dairy: see breakfast info

SNACKS and DESSERT: optional. Choose a protein, vegetable, fat-free plain yogurt, artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt, nuts/seeds, or a Sweet Treat.

DRINKS: Diet, decaf, sugar-free drinks are not limited. You can enjoy caffeinated coffee or diet sodas, but limit to 1 - 2 servings/day.

For example, here's what a normal day would look like for me (Ph 2):

B: deviled egg, 2 pcs turkey bacon, V8
S: String cheese
L: A bowl of veg soup or a salad with meat and raw veggies, dressing
S: skim milk latte, apple with peanut butter
D: chicken breast, veggies, salad, brown rice
S: fudgesicle, or nonfat yogurt with agave nectar

For Ph1, I'd skip the apple with peanut butter and have celery with LCLC instead, and skip the brown rice. Hope this helps! Now eat something!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:15 PM   #36  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
to all the Newbies that will be joining us!!!!

Diva, you can pre-order the new South Beach Diet book on Amazon by typing in "updated South Beach Diet". That's what I did, and the book will be shipped around May 2. Don't forget to order anything on Amazon through our 3FC Amazon link. You'll find the link in the stickies posted above.

Got'cha!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 234/234/135

Height: 5'8"

Default New to the SB way

I’ve decided I’m starting the SB diet this year. I’ve always done weight watchers. I lost about ten pounds on it last year in the first 4 months then gained about 15 pounds in the last month and a half. I like the idea of the south beach diet because it’s a more structured plan as far as what you can eat goes. What I have read about it seems good. I’d like to pick up a book on it as a reference point. I know very little about it so the book will help with me as well.

For me the biggest challenge is going to be cutting out the soda’s. I drink mainly diet soda’s for caffeine intake. It’s a really bad habit that SB is going to help me break!

I will be at my goal weight by my birthday next year (01/05/09) I’m going to be the “skinny” one in the family again.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #38  

Default I'm still here

Happy New Year everyone! I've been doing fine. I've been able to stay with Phase one foods, but I would like to add a few more salads to my plan.

Hope everyone is hanging in there,

Laura
Old 01-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

good morning everyone
Made it through to the new year!! Just had my western omelet and glass of water ready to start my day. I think I will go boil some eggs to leave in the fridge. I have 5 meats planned that I can eat that the family will also eat so I think I need to do some more thought on food plans. I hope this time through phase 1 will be as manageable as the first time I went through it. It is just 14 days anyone can do 14 days!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #40  
baby fat b gone!

S/C/G: 233/217/175

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone!

I plan on starting SBD next week when i go back to work. Its too hard for me to start at home w/DH and kids here. I also need to go grocery shopping an wont be able to until the weekend.

Anyone have any good breakfast ideas? I dont eat eggs so scramble, quiches etc are out for me.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #41  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Hello and welcome to all the newbies stating with us.

I started phase 1 today and I can feel the effects already - sugar is leavin the bod.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

coming back with a question. Is No sugar added hot cocoa allowed on phase 1? the ingredients are:Modified whey,Nonfat dry milk, cocoa, maltodextrin, hydrogenated coconut oil, calcium carbonate, less than 2% of salt, dipotassium, phosphate, carrageenan, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, artificial flavors, polysorbate 60 mono and diglycerides. Sure a lot of things for hot cocoa. Wanted to know. Thanks
Old 01-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #43  

phxsunflower, NSA hot cocoa is allowed on Phase 1, but that's an awful lot of unneccesary chemicals in whatever brand you're looking at! I don't know if all brands have all those additives, but if they do, I'd avoid them like the plague! It's so easy to make your own. Just put a spoonful of cocoa powder in a mug with some splenda or sweetener of your choice, and add a tiny bit water to make a runny syrup, then add skim milk to fill the mug and a drop or two of vanilla and microwave it. It's yummy!
Old 01-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #44  

lesszmore! (Love the name!) We're happy to have you joining us!

Here's a link to a thread in our FAQ section about other breakfast alternatives that will give you plenty of ideas -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57532
Old 01-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Hi there!

Just wanted to chime in that I started PH1 today. I've done SBD for a short time in the past, when I discovered lowcarb dieting (and yes I know that SBD is not a lowcarb diet but a good carb diet ) and was trying a lot of different plans. I liked it but I'm a dairy fanatic and switched to a more lowcarb plan because I love full-fat dairy.

I lost 30 pounds during that time but major stress and changes the past year and a half have led me back to unhealthy binge/diet eating and a gain of 20 of those pounds. Now things have calmed down, I'm reading The Beck Diet Solution (which isn't a diet but is a cognitive behavioral approach that goes along with whatever plan you're doing to get you to change unhealthy behaviors) and feel ready to tackle those 20 pounds as well as the binge eating.

I looked into low carbing again, but now I'm a vegetarian and found that I tend to rely on dairy too much for protein since I like variety (and without dairy, variety is scant on a lowcarb diet). I also tried to go vegan but I tend to eat a lot of grains (good grains, but grains just the same) and can maintain but not lose weight. SBD seemed like the best of both worlds - it makes me cut down on the grains, even in Phase 2, but at the same time I don't have to rely on dairy products since I can eat beans. I also hope to try and go vegan again when I get to maintenance and I'll be able to add some grains and fruit back.

Anyway, I started today and so far I'm doing great and liking it a lot. I'm looking forward to getting some support, since I know that will be a big help!

Tam
Closed Thread