South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday Chit-Chat

Well ladies, down another 3lbs. Its good and all, but I wish I could be happier. My boyfriend moved out in October and I'm just going through some tough times. I hate this being apart. *sigh* I feel so down. Probably because its the Holidays and for the past 3 years, we spent them together. I haven't seen him since October. We talk (if you call Yahoo and texting talking) almost daily...but I alwasys initiate the conversation. Everyone says to stop talking to him. But I can't. He and I were supposed to spend our lives together. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so down. I just can't help it. ALl I want to do is cry. I need to get back to work and start school back up so I can be too busy to tihnk about it. Christmas vacation stinks.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:59 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Fluff...think of it this way...See yourself in 10 years...the possibilities are endless and this rough patch will only be a very faint memory. Break ups are not easy, but what waits ahead is always better. There is a plan and this just happens to part of the plan that stinks. 10 years from now you'll probably have a wonderful family and will be thankful for this break up because without it you wouldn't have that wonderful family.
I have a friend who is an old college boyfriend and when we see each other now, we always (tease and) thank each other for that break-up because without it, I wouldn't have my kids and I just could not imagine what my life would be like without these particular ones! I was devistated at the time, but now am so thankful for it...he just wasn't my "one" and I wasn't his. My "one" is perfect for me and he just was not.

You have a road to travel and if you wallow in the hurt, your road won't seem as clear. I know it sounds so very cliche..but you need to concentrate on school, get that piece of paper and move ahead on that plan. Holidays can be rough after a break up, but just think of it as a step to go through to be where you are SUPPOSED to be. You can do it!!!!!! Take some advice from an "old lady"...don't contact him..by doing that you are only holding on to the pain..you need to free yourself from it to be able to live the life you were meant to.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-24-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning Silly! I am sorry to hear what you are going through this morning my thoughts and prayers will be with you through this holiday season. On a better note on being down 3lbs.

Hello and reat christmas eve moring to the rest of the chickes not yet up and at it.

Christmas shopping is allllll done Today will be spent at the grocery store getting whats neded for tonight as well as tomorrows Christmas dinner.
When I went to the mall yesturday I was able to buy a size 14 Levis and they look fab on me I don't think that scale knows what it's talking about.

It's gonna be a busy one but Iwill try real hard to get back and checkin in with yall later.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Merry Christmas Eve, everybody!!!

Calm has finally settled upon this house. Like everyone else, this week has been nuts. Shopping, finishing up stuff at school (don't have to go back till the 8th!!) and I had a client who had a deadline of Christmas for getting a new site up. Got it finished and uploaded yesterday. A rather odd off the wall site for a new fashion company, but the client loves it and I'm also a happy girl it's done. I ripped my hair out for weeks on it. The graphics were a nightmare but came out great. Got bit and pieces finished for other clients and for once, my "inbox" for clients is cleared and I can just concentrate on family.

We had our "big meal" yesterday since my kids are scattering on Christmas afternoon. Today we will have traditional gumbo and bread pudding. Then Christmas morning we are going to have a huge breakfast together..eggs, ham, grits, fruit, waffles, bisquits etc...the whole Southern Nine Yards. I went out and bought the last waffle maker in town yesterday. Lowe's was a horror. I decided that I could make my own waffles from now on because I can't find any frozen ones that are not full of sugar etc.

Been doing "ok" with eating, but will crack down a lot after tomorrow...since I met my goal, I don't want to blow it and gain any back and wouldn't mind losing a bit more. But considering it's the holidays, I could have gone WAY overboard and I haven't (3 bite rule on desserts!)

My oldest son is here from LSU and spent the day yesterday fixing all kinds of stuff in the house. My fridge was leaking..come to find out the fan had fallen off in the back. He got it fixed. I also have a strange "exhuast fan" in my kitchen that has never worked (old house) It is in a little cabinet over the fridge..it is literally an old fan with a vent to outside built in the cabinet. You pull a chain that comes out of the bottom of the cabinet to turn it on then open the cabinet. He rewired it with an extention cord he took apart and voila, it now works. He adjusted all my heating vents so heat is more even in the house and worked on my leaking dishwasher. He is also going to put in a bifold door in my strange little laundry room (this is a really odd house..why I love it) When he was a little guy, he was constantly breaking things to figure out how they work...now I'm greatful for that (he could not understand that Daddy simply could not fix plastic stuff he broke) He's a construction management major.

Hope everyone gets everything accomplished today they set out to do...but if you don't, no one will know the difference! I'm off to go make shrimp stock to start the gumbo..

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-24-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE

I'm starting the morning off with a relaxing cup of coffee. It will be a long and festive day, so I want to ease into it gradually. I'm getting a bit of laundry done and want to dust and vacuum before we go to my mother's at 2 for our Christmas Eve dinner. We have a huge Italian dinner which stretches out all afternoon and evening until we go to Midnight Mass. Afterwards, Jake and I will come home and open our gifts to each other and share a glass of wine before collapsing into bed.

How are you spending your day? Is anyone venturing out into the stores for last minute shopping? Be careful and stay safe, and enjoy.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Fluff, I am so sorry that you're having a stressful time right now. That is very sage advice from Cat, though, and I completely agree with her. This happened for a reason, you weren't "right" for each other, and now you've avoided a lifetime of misery and grief. I know it's hard to look at it that way now, but time heals all wounds.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Cat it sounds like your day today is just as busy as all your other days - poor thing you need some down time

Cottage your evening wth Jake sounds so romantic. I hope all you asked for is under the tree
Old 12-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fly-by post this morning. I'm about to send Hershey upstairs to wake the sleeping beauties so I can get this show on the road.

We had a nice dinner and gift exchange last night. Tayler (7) was delighted with her Webkinz and could hardly wait to get onto my computer. DIL Wendy was a great help in getting dinner organized and I plan to put her to work on party prep this morning. I may just come right out and ask them when they plan to leave for her parents' place! Son Jim will be going to the store for me - my 43 year old kid drank two full quarts of milk yesterday so there's none for coffee this morning.

May your day be merry and bright!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Still not done but I am looking forward to the PEACE. Need to go and get started for today, there will not be enough time in the day for everything so I will get moving and try. Again MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone and be safe.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Merry Christmas Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas Ladies!
Today is Christmas for my family we'll spend time together Mom and I will go see my aunt (My gramma's sister who is 39 and holding and a total pistol SHE ROCKS!) Dh and I are hunting down a church service either mine or his
and by DH and I I mean ME!
I've been up for a while working on a piece for a shoe website that's going to launch in february. Just revision it's about my pimp shoes!
Tonight we'll have a big dinner and open gifts at midnight!!
Silly I always think of the time post break up as a way to know yourself better and know you can stand on your own. you'll get through this and be a stronger person!
Cat Can I come to your breakfast? I'll only eat the grits with some eggs and cheese Your son sounds like my sister she can fix ANYTHING!
Gonna!! Woohoooooo on the jeans you are melting away!
Cottage Your day and night sounds AWESOME is it the feast of the 7 fishes? (I'm not italian and could therefore be totally wrong about that!)
Ruth No Milk for Coffee???? sounds like you have had an amazing time with your family
I'm off to finish my Piece and haul my cookies off to the showers!
Merrily,
Kier
Old 12-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning ladies! I feel like H-E-double hockey sticks this morning! This cold needs to go away quick! Hoping for a quick day at work, waiting on 2 deliveries and then I am out of here. Someone called this morning wanting to know how late we were open today. Told them they would be best to show up by 1. Who in their right mind applies for a mortgage on Christmas Eve?

Have to make a quick trip to Wally World for a last minute pick up and then I am done! Dinner with DH's dad tonight and then with the rest of the in-laws tomorrow. My "real christmas" will be Weds. when the kids come home! Hey good thing about that is I get to buy their christmas ornaments for their stockings at Hallmark 1/2 off the day after Christmas! There I go being a bad mother again!

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Silly, I know it sucks to be alone for the holidays, but just remember that God has a plan for you. You may feel bad right now, but God will bless you. My husband and I separated in August, and I thought I was going to be miserable forever once I realized that things weren't going to work out like I'd hoped they would. But, I'm so very blessed. I have wonderful friends and family (including the girls on here who have become like family to me) and I honestly couldn't be happier.

I know it's easy to think "we were supposed to spend our lives together," but sometimes we just don't know what was "supposed" to happen. I married the guy, so of course I thought we were supposed to be together forever, but it's become very clear that we weren't. Sometimes even when you love someone, it's just not meant to be, and there will be someone else out there that God picked just for you, that will make you wonder if you ever really knew what love was before, and this guy will become a faint memory.

Maybe try to wean yourself off of talking to him daily. Try starting every other day, and then every two. It shouldn't be too hard since you're the one who initiates the conversation. I will pray for you.

So...... maybe I procrastinated and went "eh, forget it" last night halfway through wrapping presents. That means I have half of the presents left to wrap. I have to run by work and pick up my keys because I open tomorrow (yes, that's Christmas Day,) stop at the pharmacy and pick up my meds, and run all these gifts out to my parents' house. I'm sure my dad will want me to wrap all of Mom's stuff for him too, and I have 4 gifts that are too big for me to wrap with the sheets of paper that I have (and I'm too lazy to figure out using 2) so I'll wrap those at Mom and Dad's with a big roll of paper.

Gonna be a long day of wrapping, running, unwrapping, eating, drinking, and then church tonight. I don't want to open tomorrow, or really work the rest of the week for that matter. I need a vacation!!!!!!

Hope you girlies have a great day today, and that you all continue to be blessed during the holidays. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE

Lisa
Old 12-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

You guys are going to be sick of seeing pictures of my kids, but they were so cute in their Christmas PJs tonight that I had to take another one.

And here's one of us before we left for church this evening.

Lisa, have fun with all of your wrapping! Tom and I just finished up and it's nearly one in the morning! Thank goodness I wasn't doing it all myself or I wouldn't have finished at all...

Stephanie, feel better soon! I agree, who applies for a mortgage on Christmas Eve? Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you assume businesses are going to be closing early, if they're open at all. Odd!

Kier, have fun with all of your visiting!

Merry Christmas to you, too, Phoenix!

It sounds like you're having a lovely visit, Ruth, although it may be a bit dairy-deprived! Tom can drink milk like that, too. I'm at the store nearly every day buying more of it! I don't even have to show my ID at the door any more because they all know me...

Linda, have a great feast! Your evening gift exchange sounds nice and cozy!

Cat, have a terrific time with your kids!

Gonnabe, what a Christmas present - size 14s!!! You rock!

Silly, I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Stick around here and we'll cheer you up! You're doing so well with your eating - focus on the positives and how good you feel about what you're doing for yourself!

Off to bed. I'm getting up early to make Tom cinnamon buns for Christmas morning. Two hour-long risings means an early morning for me!!! They'll be worth it, though. He loves them! Have a great Christmas Eve everyone!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-24-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Does Connor look exactly like Tom, or is it just me?!?!?!

Kara
Old 12-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and making everybody else in the house do the same. Which is why oldest DD has disappeared, I guess! Anyway, I had to take a minute to wish my chicks Merry Christmas Eve! And on Kara's side of the world, I guess Santa is already making his rounds.
Isn't it funny that no matter how much you do in advance, you're still always scrambling at the last minute. There's always a bunch of things you can't do in advance or don't think of until then.
Cat, when you are done with your boy, could you send him this way? He sounds like just what I need for Christmas.
Kara, they look so ready for Christmas!
Sillyfluff, Christmas is tough when you are going through a rough patch. Cat's right, it will get better once you let yourself move on.
weezle, sorry you have to work on Christmas. good luck with all that wrapping!
Pacer, you're not a bad mom, just a thrifty one!
Kier, have a great day!
gonnabe, on the jeans!
cottage, enjoy your kids!
phx, hope you (and I) get it all done!

My kids are working hard to convince me we have a tradition of opening one present on Christmas eve. They think I'm dumb!
Closed Thread