South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I just HAD to mention this. I really do love living in a small town. At least once a day for the past week and a half (and already 3 different times today) one of the town's UPS drivers has come to the office because one of our employees had a package addressed to their residence that was either big or coming from somewhere that looked expensive. They come in, go straight to the respective person, and ask for their vehicle keys so they can put the package in their vehicle for them. Then, they make the transfer, lock the car, and bring us our keys. Mind you, these guys are obviously off their route to do this. How nice! I love the Christmas spirit and generosity in small towns!!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #17  

Attention all Beach Chicks! Tis the season for friends and family and giving and counting all our blessings.... But dear dear, the office parties! The socializing! The family food feastivities! So whilst I mean no respect to the Song its the most wonderful time of the Year... as you are tempted by that extra helpin... Sing it to yourself.......... SING IT WITH ME.........
Itssss the Most FATTENING TIME of the yeaaaaaaaaaarr

With that pumpkin pie filling
and everyone swilling down eggnog and beeeeeeer
It’s the most fattening time of the year

It’s the lip smackingest season of all
while your shopping you’re cheating
impulsively eating that junk at the malllllllllllll

It’s the heav-heaviest season of allllllllllllll

And that concludes my public service announcement for the day:
Old 12-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #18  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Schatzi have I told you lately that you always make me smile.....

Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello everybody hope your having a great day.

Stephanie thats the way to make it seem like you got alot of presents

Bundle up LC and stay warm. Good luck on finding the right stuffing
recipe

Kim I just know you will get your scharfs done in time. Way to go on the chocolate bar will power.

Ko I hope you get to feeling better soon

Dixie good luck with your eating and be sure to try and check in here everyday it's a great way to keep on track

Schatzi wow you described this time of year perfectly - I thought I was the only one
Old 12-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #20  

Dixie: Sorry about the "diet-dumps"! I really understand how you're feeling. Good luck with P1 over Christmas. I guess it really wouldn't be that bad. Well, anywho. Have a better day and stay happy!!

Kier: That's awesome about the blog! I hope you get paid well! Do they require you to write about a certain subject or genre?

Schatzi: You are a HOOT!!

Me: It is apparently craft day at the office. Someone received an angel made out of a dish towel, a hand towel and a pot holder that was adorable. So, I figured out how to make them and the girls all went a bought the towel sets from Dollar General. They just finished making 10 of them. (I have to admit that I went and bought 14 towel sets so that I could make some for all the women in the family!)

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 08-10-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yee-ha chicks, I think I am finished! I'll need to pick up some candy when I grocery shop for the stockings - don't want that sitting around! - and we'll do some baking over the weekend, and got to wrap. But anyone that's getting a gift, it has been bought, and that is a nice feeling. It was busy out there, but not too bad. I even had some time to try on a couple of bras, but no luck finding anything. I think I am just not human-shaped any more. I have been fitted twice now, but the sizes they tell me to buy don't work. I've always had a wide rib cage (big boned, you know), so my measurement hasn't changed much there. I was fitted for a 38B and bought a couple of those, but they felt too tight, and the cups were too small. So today I tried 40B, and the bands felt too large, and the cups were wrinkly. Maybe I'm an A now? Do they even make a 40A?
Refrigerator repairman canceled on us. The soonest they can get here is December 24. Do you believe we'll get a repairman on Christmas Eve? Nope, me either. So we emptied it out and are defrosting to see if that will help, and DH is doing some reading about refrigerator repair.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #22  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sorry ladies but I gotta beat myself up as I just sat here through the day and ate a 10 count box of chocolates that someone gave me as a gift - is the gift the chocolates or the lbs those chocolates will put on me Uhh!

Kim I love the angel and what a great gift idea

Schmoodle you poor thing having such a tough time with the bra shopping and the the repairman is being a poop I've got my all will be well
Old 12-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #23  

Kim, I had to go and google that angel. So cute, and looks very easy. I've been trying to think of something to make for the school gift shop next year. I bet these would be a hit! I may make some for some friends to see how they turn out. Yours looks like it has a halo though, what is that, a pipe cleaner?
I don't know gonnabe, I have stayed queasy all day, but it hasn't gotten worse at least. I hope not too, stinks to be sick at Christmas. I have one friend whose whole family has been sick every Christmas for the past 4 years.
Hi dixie, we've missed you! Ph1 at Christmas, you ARE a brave soul!
Thanks for planting that ear worm in my head, Schatzi! I'll be humming that song the rest of the day!
Old 12-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #24  

Schmoodle: Yep, it's a pipe cleaner. I used rubberbands to secure the head and just stuck the pipe cleaner into the rubber band at the back of the neck.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #25  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just have to brag a little. Usually our staff potlucks are great - lots of yummy, mostly healthy food and a few treats. This year not so much There was my stew, a pumpkin soup with applesauce (not on my list before South Beach!), mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar, a raw veggie salad and lots and lots of desserts. I ate not a crumb of homemade choc. chip cookies, brownies, pb cookies, pumpkin pie or cheesecake. I was hungry and had to stop for some protein after but I got through the party! Oh, and also the sharing of all the chocolate Secret Santa gifts! I'm rather amazed

Tonight there will be lots of healthy food - bok choy, sauteed cabbage, and some low fat vegetarian protein. I will follow it all with exercise. I never thought I'd be happy to write this Times do apparently change!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #26  

Cyndi: Congrats! You did great at the potluck!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies,
I'm such a slacker. i dont have time lately with school getting ready to be out for christmas. The little kiddies have really just taken it all out of me. I'm down one pound (Monday was weigh in day). been really good. Ok, well I have to go. Gotta finish making sugar cookies for the kiddies for tomorrow. Have a great day.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kim, that's so funny, my SIL just made those dish-towels angels for all the females in our family and gave them out at our family party last Sunday! What a coincidence! They are adorable, aren't they? To answer your earlier question, Yes. When the girls are off school, that always means a longer workday for me. I don't really mind, though. I can always bring the girls here to my house, or we find something fun to do. They're delightful and I think they love me as much as I love them.

Schmoodle, that totally stinks that the repairman cancelled out on you! I sure hope your DH can fix the problem. You should file a complaint with whatever brand your fridge is, especially if it's only a year old. I'd let them know about the repairman, too. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

Hi! to everyone else!

What a busy day! I went over to the school to help out at the parties, then afterwards a bunch of us went to the Moonbounce to let the kids work all that sugar out of their systems. I took the girls home for an hour of quiet-time before they had to get ready for the recital. That was absolutely precious! The girls danced exquisitly, and both sets of grandparents plus their mommy and even daddy were there to watch them perform. They all went out for dinner afterwards, but I was content to just come home and spend the evening with my husband. I'm exhausted!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #29  

Okay, now I get my quiet time before bed. That is if DD doesn't come in here complaining about her homework. She is in advanced math and they are doing algebraic equations and exponentials, and she is deciding maybe she doesn't like math as much as she thought she did. Does seem like a lot for 4th grade.

cottage, you're right, it did stink, the fridge, that is! But I was pleasantly surprised that DH took the initiative while I was out this afternoon and lysoled. He did a good job too. He really wants that joystick for Christmas, I think.

I baked some cookies tonight for DD to take to her Girl Scout party tomorrow. I also made the black bean brownies for me while I was at it, and they are amazingly good! I think I baked them for too long and/or used too big a pan, because they got a little dry and crumbly, but you would never guess there was a bean in there!

I am sooo happy, eBay to the rescue again! Last winter after Xmas I bought some clearance nighties at Target, the Gilligan O'Malley brand. They are the most comfy nighties I've ever worn, cut just right, just long enough, with long sleeves, and really soft. But they are falling off of me now, so I decided to hunt for some more while I was at Target today. Sadly, they don't seem to have that style this year. Then the bells went off - since it was on clearance, maybe someone stashed them for resale - they came in Christmas packaging. Bingo! I just bid on 2. I will get them because I'll go as high as it takes. Really, they are perfect. So merry Christmas to me!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey girlies! Quick late check in for me! Sounds like you all are peppy today. I'll write more tonight. Just wanted to say, "Hi!"

Kara
Closed Thread