South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #1  

Question Newbie

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am planning on starting the SBD P1 tomorrow 12/15/07. I was wondering if anyone that has been on this life changing journey for sometime has some advice and/or pointers for me.

I have never dieted on my own before, I have always used diet pills. But, I have made a promise to my boyfriend to do it natrually and see the results for myself. I have noticed that everytime I stopped taking the pills I have gained the weight back and in double then before, I want to change my life forever and get healty for first myself and my son. Because in order to take care of my son I have to take care of myself and get healty and stay healty to make sure I am around to take care of my son. I am ready to do this natrually and for the rest of my life.

So, if you guys have any advice it would be great. And if you guys can help me and guide me through my journey I would be greatful. I know that it takes alot of work,patients, and time, so with all that said I am ready.

The reason why I am dancing is because I have finally realized that I have a problem. I am ready to face my fears and change my life for the better. Ok, here I go.
The New Me Lyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to South Beach, Lyla! You are very, very wise to decide to diet without using pills. They're only a temporary "fix", as you've found out. Doing it this way, the natural and healthy way, is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. After your first few days on Phase 1, you're going to start feeling terrific and start seeing changes in your body, too. Take your measurements now, and if you follow Phase 1 faithfully, you'll see a big difference in your measurements in just a week's time. Please check out our stickies in the FAQ section for the updated revised food list for Phase 1, and check out the recipe section, too, for some delicious recipes to help you get through Phase 1 without becoming bored with your meals. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, either. Everyone here is very helpful and encouraging. Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #3  

Thank you so much for the reply and support Thesea. I took a look at the FAQ's and the recipes. I am so excited, I have the SBD book and I will be reading it. I will also be buying the recipe and holiday book. I am going to stay as faithfull as I can. I never break a promise and since I promised not only my boyfriend and son but I also promised myself.

I feel as if I am getting a new car or something, I am that excited.
The New Me Lyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lyla and welcome! You sound very motivated and I'm sure you'll do great. You've picked an excellent plan to help you get healthy. I've come to love this WOE and all the chicks here who are so helpful and supportive. Just jump into PH1 and if you have any questions or issues you can't find answers for in the FAQ, be sure to post them and the chicks will help out.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:32 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Lyla! This is the best place for support and advice. Ask anything and someone will have an answer!

How old is your son? What is his name? I have a six year old son, Connor, and two daughters, three year old Kadyn and one year old Avery.

Glad you've joined us!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Lyla. You're going to do great and everyone here is very supportive and informative. Good luck.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

lyla!
You've definitely made a good choice in coming here. You will find a lot of support and encouragement. Congratulations on finding the courage to make a change. That's the first step!
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

yeah, to what everyone else said!! You'll love this way of eating and how it makes you feel. It's great.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Lyla- How was your first day on the beach?
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote