3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   The TGIF Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/128899-tgif-chat.html)

cottagebythesea 12-14-2007 06:05 AM

The TGIF Chat!

It's a frozen world out there today, but the sun is supposed to greet us soon and warm things up a bit. It was sure nice to have yesterday off, although it never really got as bad as expected.
Today the girls have their Christmas program at school, and Maggie has a birthday party (again!) right after school. After Audrey gets home, we're going to decoupage cookie jars in preparation for our cookie baking party on Monday. I don't have high hopes of getting off early today, since I had the day off yesterday. Oh well, small price to pay.

tomandkara 12-14-2007 06:32 AM

TGIF..."That Girl Is Fabulous"?????

One batch of chocolate chip cookies done - not one morsel ingested!!! I started off just staring at all of the ingredients wondering if I really *could* do it. Then I told Tom he was my accountability and that I wasn't eating any cookies or dough tonight. Jumped in with both feet, even rolled the cookies with my hands! About half way through I got into a little groove and thought, "I really *can* do this!" Yay, me!

I'm going to do a couple more batches tonight since I'm on a roll.

Kara

Schatzi 12-14-2007 06:59 AM

:coffee: Ah...YES! Nectar of the gawds! Morning chubby chums and fit Friends!

:dancer: TGIF to all the TGIFs!!!

Cottage: Decopauging cookie jars , what a great idear!!! I tell you, you should have a Nanny show featuring all the things you do to create such a great time and memories for your little ones! :hug:

Kara: :bravo: You gottem strong :dust: I think I would have failed that test!

Life in Schatziville is the same... work, dinner, unpack... but the end is in sight! And then the fun of shopping for area rugs and birdhouses and all things gardeny begins! :yay:

:brrr: watching the weather report -looks like our NorthEast chicks are gonna get it :snow4: :coolsnow:

will pop back in ..... right now the bunny slipper brigade hasta report for duty :bunny:

Loriann7 12-14-2007 07:00 AM

Hi all, Been busy last few days. I started a new job a month ago and I never seen such things happen on the accounting end of things for any company! (No, nothing illegal, just.... laziness!!!)

OK< so I came here to ask you all to beat me up! hahaha, today is the company Xmas Party. They are holding it at the bowling alley across the street from the company. And, yes, you guessed it, all you can eat pizza, and all you can drink OPEN BAR! (good thing I'm not a drinker!) However, being my birthday next wednesday I just might endulge myself into a strawberry Daccarai! (think I spelled it right!)

And last night I was tired, worked from 7 am to 6 pm with only 20 min break! So I came home and instead of doing the wise thing ate a bag of popcorn for dinner! ! OOPS. Oh yea, and Jade (the black lab) is asking for a walk! hhmmm, too busy to walk the dog, not good!

hehehe, have a wonderful day!

Schatzi 12-14-2007 07:18 AM

Hi Loriann, look at how well you've done with your 13 pound loss... You go girl! Just be careful! Those 13 pounds will come back in a flash!
Good think your starting to think about that party this morning.. I would bring some snacks with me to pre-eat before party.. and see if they offer anything else besides Pizza? As for your birthday Daquiri, just know that they aint using fresh strawberries.. Those are gonna be all sugar water and syrup laden frankenberries.
Spend the time being a social butterfly with a glass of sparklin water!
Tis hard to stick to it during the holiday season... but you can do it!!!!
good luck! and here: :kickbutt: :D

THINBYJUNE 12-14-2007 07:23 AM

Good Morning to all the "Fabulous Girls"
Cottage The cookie jars sound like alot of fun. Hope your weather improves quickly today.
Kara :woohoo: and just in case it's a little harder next batch :dust:
Schatzi Good luck with the unpacking. It took me forever when I moved last. Funny though because it didn't seem to take as long to pack it up in the first place.;)
Loriann Hang in there at your office party. Maybe they will have salad and you can eat that. Or if you do have pizza just rent a lane and burn those calories.:)

I'm off to work to make all kinds of food for a whole lot of kids. I'm so excited. Have a great day everyone.

CyndiM 12-14-2007 07:34 AM

Morning everyone :) Wow, this is nothing like last winter! I'm going to dig my show shoes out of retirement because we can use them. Apparently yesterday was just a dress rehearsal for Sunday. Eek!

I decided to take today off - too much to do. I've got a food demo at our Co-op this afternoon. I'm making Kalyn's roasted brussels with pine nuts and parmesan and apple curry stuffed delicata rings. The second one is a recipe I found yesterday, gotta experiment ;) Then tonight I'm going to get everything ready for tomorrow's veggie crockpot chili. That will go in before I leave to count birds. Such an exciting life I lead ;)

Cottage - you are so crafty :) I used to do all sorts of things like that but these days there never seem to be enough hours. Will you have pictures?

Kara - wow, I'm impressed! I was drying bags of apples while doing Phase 1 and it was all I could do not to eat little extra apple bits, but chocolate chip cookies!

Schatzi - I'm on my third cup of nectar myself. It may be a 4 cup day :)

Loriann - Hope you're going to get some down time soon! I find it hardest to stick to plan on long, exhausting days. Good luck with the party. Lots of water and some nuts before may help.

Dawn - Have fun cooking! Seems to be a good day for it everywhere!

And speaking of cooking, time to get to it :)

Ruthxxx 12-14-2007 07:51 AM

Wow! What a bunch of foodies in here! I'm sipping coffee but am getting hungry for breakfast. It is certainly a season full of temptations. I won't do my goodie making until next week.

It certainly does look like January these days. I can't believe the difference from last December 14th when we worrying about a green Christmas. Not a chance of that this year from the looks of things.

I do plan to go to the gym this morning when my lane gets ploughed. I have snow tires so may give it a shot at getting out before the plough lad gets here. The rest of the day will be "at home" doing a bit more decorating, some sewing and maybe a mega-laundry. I am getting close to running out of undies - I have 39 pair so you know how long it's been! TMI! Sorry!

I'm off to The Farm tonight (weather permitting) for dinner with my sister. Joan and Peter use the Farm May through October but do pop up for a ski weekend when the weather is good. I suspect my organized sister will give me my gifts so I'll have them Christmas morning so I'd better get hers wrapped and ready for tonight.

Have a glorious day full of good things!

tomandkara 12-14-2007 08:08 AM

Ruth, I laughed when I read you have 39 pairs of underwear...not because that's a lot, but because you've actually counted 39 pairs!!! Good luck at the gym today.

Cyndi, please post your veggie chili recipe when you get a chance. I don't know much about chili but I'd love to try your recipe!

Dawn, have a great time at work today!

Good luck at your party, Lori! I would guess bowling alley pizza is just frozen and re-heated so it probably wouldn't be worth it anyway. Bring yourself a pre-party snack and you'll be all set. Just keep imagining all of us ready to kick your behind!!!

Schatzi, it's hard to imagine you shopping for gardeny things when it's so cold here! Have fun if you get to go!

I'm done my second batch now - peanut butter cookies. I am SO very proud of myself that I am eating a bean brownie with fat free Cool Whip as a treat for being such a good girl! On to Phase 2 tomorrow. I think I am going to have toast for breakfast. Just toast. Kidding, of course. But I really miss bread for some reason. Yum! Can't wait!

Kara

Schmoodle 12-14-2007 08:36 AM

Morning chickies,
Well, they are under the impression that not only did I volunteer to send in cookies, but I also offered to work in the holiday gift shop at school. Got my cookies done yesterday, and I'll go in after lunch to help for a few hours. Although I generally avoid getting involved in fund raisers, I don't mind this one. There's a group that makes lots of crafts all through the fall, and that's mostly what they sell, and the prices are reasonable - between a quarter and a dollar. The kids get so excited about buying their gifts, it's a lot of fun!
good job on the cookies Kara, you are woman of steel!
cottage, take a picture of your cookie jars for us? I love to see your projects!
LoriAnn, I'll bet if you want a special dacquiri treat for your birthday, you could make it at home with splenda and fresh strawberries and cool whip free! Hang tough today, go prepared!
Schatz, getting ready to get down to it myself. Bunny slippers ready and waiting! I have to get dressed before I start work though - I can't handle taking business calls in my pajamas - too weird! I'm sure all the guys I work with would be happy to know that!
Dawn, no need to wish you a good day - I know your day will be fabulous fun! It must make you feel so great...
Ruth, I must go count my undies now. I have LOTS too right now, so I never run out, but I think I should get rid of the baggies one of these days. I am also waiting until the last minute to make my goodies - and there will not be a lot. I have a cookie party next weekend, so I won't bake anything until next Saturday.

Re: Survivor
Just not Todd, please... Now that Pei Ghee is gone, anybody but him.

Well, must get the kiddles off to school. Ta-ta, chicks.

tomandkara 12-14-2007 08:45 AM

Oh my goodness gracious...a Christmas tornado tore through my house and left a red, green, flour-covered mess in its wake. There is crepe paper EVERYWHERE and I see a spoon clear across the kitchen on the floor where no utensil every belongs. My counter is littered with dirty dishes and bowls, which are at least soaking in detergent water but are nonetheless all over the counter, and there is meat left over from dinner still sitting on the stove. Is that gross to carnivores? It gives me the heebiegeebies. I started cleaning up but had to take a break because I was a little overwhelmed. Back to business!

Kara

Schmoo, glad to hear you get dressed before starting work. I am actually still in my pajama top (under a sweatshirt)! I didn't realize it until right now. Threw on the sweatshirt when I got up and ended up getting pants on during the day, but never changed my shirt!!! Oh dear. My poor children...

Schmoodle 12-14-2007 09:15 AM

Kara, I have to admit I haven't been getting ALL the way dressed lately. My bras are driving me crazy - the old ones are too big and poke me in the armpit and slide up in the back, and I've bought a couple of new ones, but I can't seem to get the size right. I think the problem is that my boobs are no longer boob-shaped. So it's twitch, tug, and wiggle all day or lose the bra. Only problem there is that it gives DH ideas!:o Well, if you don't have to go out, might as well be comfortable!
I do, however, always put on shoes before I go sit at my desk (sorry Schatzi, no bunnies). It makes me feel ready for business - such a mind game!

tomandkara 12-14-2007 09:29 AM

You should buy some nursing bras. Very comfortable! One of the benefits of extended nursing... :D

Kara

Schmoodle 12-14-2007 09:32 AM

Believe me, I lived in those for years. None of my kids ever wanted to give it up - I always just had to close up shop eventually. Oldest DD went the longest - 21 months. I had learned better by the youngers, 1 year max for them. Come to think of it, DH did enjoy that style also!

carnalunacy 12-14-2007 09:41 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new around here- and its my second time on SBD. I've got a lovely DD and great DH who works from home as a freelance illustrator.
Today has been pretty slow so far, its my 3rd day tackling this WOE and for some reason I dont remember it being so hard the first time around.
Last year around this time I lost 20 lbs in less than 2 months, and I remember feeling amazing..
Now it seems that chocolate and baked potato temptations are waiting around every corner.

I woke up this morning with a headache, I imagine from dropping all my refined carbs out the window. But I woke up to my beautiful Rhea's little pudge face staring down at me as she poked me in the chest and whispered- "Mumum... Up now Mumum..." And honestly, thats not a horrible way to start the day off.
I've eaten 2 eggs w/mushrooms and 2 slices of turkey bacon, had half a bottle of water... and am about to get ready for my daily excursion out.
This time its off to WalMart for cocoa powder and LF cream cheese and some personal hygeine things.
Then later its Laundry detail and off to work 6 hours In the freezing cold ToGo room at Outback Steakhouse.
(We all have to keep our heads up somehow eh?)

Congrats to Kara! At this point I dont think I could even come within ten feet of a cookie without blowing my lid off and pouncing on it like a rabid animal. I seriously applaud you.

But anywho- I'm off to get my little RheaMonster ready for the day, and put myself into some clothes as well. (I guess Im part of the pajama party, *chuckle*)