South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #1  
elturben

S/C/G: HW167/SW158/151/120

Height: 5'5"

Default P2- What about wraps???

Hey guys- what about whole wheat wraps? Are they just as bad a bread?
elturben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

I think you can have 1 WW tortilla so long as it follows the guidelines: "Tortillas, 100% whole grain, 3 grams of fiber or more per ounce, no trans fat" I found this in the FAQ sections at the top of the page under the updated list of Ph2 foods. I'm not sure how big the tortilla can be but I know they come in a range of sizes from 6"-12". I'm guessing the size is based on the fiber grams and you can tell which is O.K. from the nutritional info on the package. Hope this helps.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:36 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Make sure the first ingredient is whole wheat flour. Some tortillas say "whole wheat" but they're more enriched wheat flour than whole wheat flour.

We like to make pizzas on whole wheat tortillas. We toast the tortillas for a couple minutes in the oven and then top with some pizza sauce and a TON of veggies and a sprinkle of cheese and then pop back in the oven to melt the cheese.

I also like the whole wheat pita pockets. They're great for stuffing with some hummus and romaine or avocado and romaine or roasted veggies.

Have fun with them!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote