South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:21 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Black bean brownies update?

Has anyone had any luck with this dish? I've got a hankering to try it again...last time they did NOT come out well (followed the recipe in the Phase 1 Desserts thread exactly, without the chocolate chips as we don't have any of the sugar-free variety). I did an on-line search and found a couple other recipes, some call for baking powder, some for powder and baking soda, and one included dry milk powder and ricotta. Any ideas? I was thinking of pouring in a bit of the DaVinci vanilla syrup in addition to the vanilla extract it calls for.

Thanks for any advice!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I make these often, and they turn out well for me. I've never added chocolate chips to them, I just like to top each piece with a dollop of ff Cool Whip.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:50 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Mine were REALLY moist, like ridiculously moist, and they definitely tasted like beans still, which is fine in that I like beans, but I wasn't liking it for dessert. Tom actually spit his out and asked me WHAT I had made!

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hmmm, did you read the recipe right? I've never had that problem. My DS, Dustin, is about the pickiest eater in the world, and even he likes these brownies. (I've never told him what's in them! )

I like them made with white beans, too.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Maybe the white beans make a difference. I used black. I think Tom was expecting my normal homemade brownies and these were not the same. He's usually a good sport about trying new stuff but this one didn't cut it. Maybe I did read the recipe wrong, though! Always a possibility...

Kara