South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #46  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Height: 5'4"

day three, and i'm coming down with a cold.

usually i'd OD on orange juice, but looks like i'll have to settle for vitamin C capsules.
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #47  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I re-started the day after thanksgiving but I have cheated a couple of times so if my weigh-in on friday is not too good I'll hang out for a little while longer or maybe i'll be in ph 1.5
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #48  
Visualizing the Goal

Suzka, have you been getting some beans and dairy every day? The cold symptoms you're feeling may be from not getting enough protein and dairy. Try upping those and you might be feeling fantastic tomorrow!

Stinger, to get the benefits of Phase 1 (cravings GONE!) you have to do two solid, clean weeks of the program to "detox" from all of those simple carbs.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:28 AM   #49  
Visualizing the Goal

Have you gals been exercising? I didn't exercise at all the first time I did Phase 1 and I still lost and this time I've been in the habit already and so I continued through Phase 1, but today I really had to push myself and now I'm feeling totally drained. Just wondering if any of you had anything to share about that...

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #50  
Visualizing the Goal

Another good eating day here. I was feeling a little drained, physically, but I really pushed my limits on my cardio today so I can understand why I'm a little tired. Tomorrow makes a week on Phase 1, half-way through!!!

One for every clean Phase 1 day:

Kara
Old 12-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I restarted P1 too! I'm on D3. I got a nasty cold during Thanksgiving and ended up going way off plan. I'm doing pretty well on P1 so far. Of course, the cravings usually don't kick in until D4 or D5 for me.

Kara- I experienced extreme fatigue when I worked out during P1. There were times when I would just pass out. This time around I'm still working out but I've reduced it. Instead of stationary biking for 50 min and strength training, I've been biking for 20 min and strength training for about 20 min. I, usually, do a full body strength training routine but since I'm on P1 I do upper body on one day and lower body the next day. If you are feeling extremely tired you should probably just cut back some until P1 is over. When I calculated my calorie intake during P1 I found that I rarely got more than 1200 cal/day. If you're still running 4-5 miles a day I think you are probably burning almost half of your calorie intake.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #52  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks, Pohai! I just wanted to be sure I wasn't exibiting symptoms of some rare and fatal disease...

Kara

P.S. Glad to hear your Phase 1 is going well! I'm on Day 7 already. It's flying by!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #53  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Day 4!

Kara, yep i've had plenty of protein between cottage cheese, eggs, beans and tofu. if anything i'm not going heavy enough on the dark leafies.

last night and today i just rested and had lots of hot lemon tea and vitamin c tablets, and now it's down to just a tiny sniffle.

i think my cravings are pretty much gone, except for those sparked by the darn Subway and Quiznos tv ads. i have to flip the channel real quick!

weighed myself this morning and i'm down a bit. i wasn't going to until sunday but i was really curious. it's probably just water weight, but psychologically i think it will help me move through the rest of P1. I know that can't be my only motivator.

we've been going on brisk walks every day with the dogs, and that seems to be a good level of exertion until we get used to this. we had surprise guests tonight and i spent a 1/2 hour running around doing the emergency-tidy-up and it wiped me out.

Kara, you can order Zsweet online. Not sure how that works in your situation but you might be able to order a sample or something.
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:39 AM   #54  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks for the tip about on-line ordering. I might look into that! Sounds like you had quite a night - I can completely relate with the emergency tidy-up!

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #55  
Visualizing the Goal

Day 7 done...half way through Phase 1! I was really wanting to snack today and had to keep myself in check. There was an hour or so in the mid-morning that I almost ate more almonds than one should, but I stopped myself at one serving and did NOT get any more! Yay! I didn't have as many veggies as usual this morning and I'm wondering if that's why. Tomorrow I'll load up with an omelet full of vegetable goodness. Can't hurt, right?!

Gotta get the kids to bed. They're procrastinating!

One for every clean Phase 1 day:

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Today is D4 for me. This is usually my headache and fatigue day so I am hoping that nothing like that happens today. The good news is that my cravings usually go away around day 5. I can't wait.

Day 3 went by without any major complaints but I think I had way too much sodium last night because today I fell bloated. Of course, it is my "time" so maybe that's why I feel so bloated.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #57  
Visualizing the Goal

Blah! I'll try to chase away the bloaties for you, Pohai. Let me know how doing Phase 1 during your "special time" helps. I started the day after my period started and I swear this cycle was easier to deal with. I wonder if Phase 1-type eating in the week leading up to The Big Event would help with symptoms as well???

Kara
Old 12-08-2007, 04:01 AM   #58  

Hi all! This is my first time on SB and nearing the end of day 3
So far so good but i know it's going to get harder because i'm a total carb lover, especially rice, potatoes and chips/nachos. And as healthy as sushi is if i keep on with my current (ex since 3 days haha) lifestyle i'll end up like a
I'm just hoping i won't fall off the wagon and I've got a question for all you knowledgeable beachers: will i still lose the promised PI 8-13lbs even if i haven't got that much weight to lose?? TIA

Nice to meet you all!!

p.s. Chili is a total diet saver!! lol
landie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:17 AM   #59  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi Landie! I'm glad you posted. We love new friends!

If you've made it past Day 3, you're doing pretty well. Your cravings should be subsiding. Day 3 was my hardest day last time I did Phase 1 back in June.

Without a lot of water weight to lose (which is pretty much what the Phase 1 loss amounts to - maybe 2-4 pounds of fat loss but the rest is water weight), you might not get those high numbers that are advertised. I think I might have lost five pounds back in June, and I started at 133 I think.

Good luck, and keep posting!

Kara
Old 12-08-2007, 09:24 AM   #60  
Visualizing the Goal

Adding another tree to the row...

Woo-hoo, I had to count to make sure I had them all!

Still frustrated about my scale being grumpy (and up three pounds from yesterday) this morning, but I didn't give up today. This is usually the time in a "diet" that I decide it's not worth it if the scale won't co-operate and eat whatever I want, but I didn't today. Had a bell pepper, mushroom, onion, and cheese omelet for breakfast, refried beans with a sprinkle of cheese and salsa for lunch, and a big salad of romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, and cottage cheese with a handful of soy nuts on top for dinner, and for dessert I treated myself to a "peanut butter cup" with a bean brownie crumbled up in it. Mmmmmm.

Now, off to bed.

Kara