South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:53 AM   #31  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Suzka, about wanting everything you can't have... It's all in your head. Make yourself some really yummy recipes from the recipe section and you'll forget you're on a "diet" at all! I remember the first time I did Phase 1 I couldn't believe I was actually going to lose weight eating the delicious meals I found here! Keeping your menu varied and interesting will make it a lot easier.

Hope that helps!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #32  

Unhappy So mad at myself

I so blew it last night. Why is it I do so good during the day but late at night I loose all control. I go to sleep and wake up a few hours later and feel I'm gonna die if I don't eat something sweet. I can consume so much junk in such a short time, its scary. Please, if anyone else does this and has gotten a handle on it , I really would like to know how you did it. I have so much control during the day, I just need to be able to get thru the night. Thanks for listening. Have a great SB day.
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #33  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

Sorry Sluggo, I don't get cravings that strong. I refuse to eat after a certain time at night though, even if I think I feel hungry. I will drink water or a SF flavored water and make myself go to bed. Since DH works nights, it's harder for me to stay on plan and not snack once the kids are in bed so this works for me.

Maybe you can have a "PB cup" at night when you wake if you need something sweet? I refuse to eat any food where I can't eat just one, if it makes me want more, even if it's a legal food, I don't touch it.

LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #34  
Visualizing the Goal

Sluggo, my best advice is to make yourself rules. I have a rule about no eating after 8:00 at night. I also have a rule about eating sitting at the table (not at the computer, not standing at the counter, etc.). When I follow my rules, I reward myself with something non-food related. Also, for me, Phase 1 is its own motivation because I know when I make it through the entire two weeks clean, then my cravings will have subsided. If I'm halfway in and I mess up, then I have to start over and I don't want to "waste" the good work I've already done.

You're worth it. Your body deserves to be fueled properly.

Sounds to me like you need to get all the junk out of the house. You don't need the temptation and no one else in the house NEEDS junk. Donate it to the local food bank and you'll feel doubly good!

Good luck!

Kara
Old 12-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #35  
Visualizing the Goal

One for every clean Phase 1 day:
Old 12-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #36  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Yay day 2!

Today did seem a little easier. I'm not thinking about eating as much, only when my computer alarm goes off to remind me.

Had jicama with a tiny sprinkle of Zsweet and cinnamon for breakfast with my eggs, and it helped the egg 'queasies' i tend to get. also instead of 2 whole eggs i did just 1 with extra egg whites.

I tried the plain yogurt with Zsweet and a little vanilla extract last night. I've never tried plain before, and i think it might be an acquired taste. It seemed so tangy and sour, it made me think it might be spoiled or something. But i guess thats why they add so much sugar to the flavored varieties. they seem much milder.

anyone else using Zsweet? i'm using it very conservatively since its both new to me and a bit pricey. The BF and i have a long standing aversion to the more common artificial sweetners, or heavily 'engineered' naturally derived sugar alcohols. they just seem like they will come back to bite us in our skinny asses one day. and if this is going to be a lifetime change in eating habits, i'd rather settle in for the long haul with something i trust. we havent been using refined sugar in the house for a few years, using turbinado and cane juice instead. also, i really can't stand the aftertaste from the artificial sweetners. Zsweet has none, and it feels and looks the most like sugar from all the choices i've looked at.
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #37  
Visualizing the Goal

What's the story behind Zsweet?

Kara
Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara, according to their website, Zsweet is an all natural blend of erythritol and natural fruit extracts as flavor enhancers. It contains no sucrose, glucose, frutose or honey and is regulated by the FDA. It has zero calories, zero aftertaste and zero glycemic effects.
A healthfood store near me carries it and is giving out free samples, I may go check it out.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #39  
Visualizing the Goal

Thanks, Linda. Is it OK for Phase 1 if it is derived from fruit extracts? Chances are I won't be able to find it here anyway, but just so I know...because I'm nosy...

Kara
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I think it would be ok for Phase 1, since it's supposed to have no glycemic effect. Google their website to find out more about it, that's where I found the information I got.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #41  
Pregnant w/PCOS

Kara - Figured I would post this here instead of the communion thread. DH didn't make body fat so it's another week wait I was really hoping he would be clear so we could find something out. He has to be at 21% before they will send him to MEPS. He's at 23% now but he needs to be 22% for the Army since he's prior serivce, if he was initial enlistment he could be 26%. Anyway, he's going to pick up the exercise this week and try to build up his neck. (they navy says he has a 17" neck but the recruiter says 16.5" and it really make a difference in body fat %)

As for me, I am doing great on phase 1, didn't expect an 8lb loss in less than a week. It has been a while since I followed the plan like I am supposed to though and I have it to lose. Just hoping I don't get pregnant this time, seems to happen when I lose a good amount of weight. I am still nursing twice a day (doc ok'd phase 1) so I am praying no ++ right now.

Last edited by LoveMySgt; 12-05-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #42  
Visualizing the Goal

How old is your nursling? My Avery is one and a half and she's still nursing anywhere from once to four or five times a day! Good luck to your husband on getting his body fat percentage down. The Air Force is really cracking down on fitness standards, too.

Great day for me on the Beach!

One for every clean Phase 1 day:

Kara
Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #43  
Pregnant w/PCOS

She's 15mths, we've been at twice a day for about 2 mths now. I am not in a hurry to cut back more.

DH is discouraged this morning but imo, he should be happy about his progress.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I messed up yesterday: I had a poptart and whole wheat spaghetti. Since I had that I just ate the rest of the day with fruit. So, today is my official start date. No more slip ups!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #45  
Visualizing the Goal

Rock it, RocknRoll!!!

Love, sorry to hear your husband's disappointment. I'm not a patient person myself, so I can empathize!

Kara