South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Question Another Question

Good Morning Everybody,

My first day on SBD was great and I got up this morning feeling "light" and great. I think that is from the way we eat meals that are light and then the snacks are small. No stuffed feeling is a great feeling. Although I am going to take advice I got yesterday and ease into SBD, I will not eat too far off of plan this week and then get into it 100% next week as I want the strict 2 week Phase 1 start.

My question is this. I'm going shopping today to get the foods I need for SBD Phase 1. I notice in the recipes I've read that some times we use FF/SF and NSA products. But some times you can't get FF/SF and we have to settle for either or. Which one do we use if w4e have to choose between FF or SF? By the way, I didn't have Ricotta cheese to make the Jello dessert yesterday so I substituted cottage cheese since that is what I had on hand. It actually turned very good.

Thanks and have a great day!!!
Patty
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Patty! Thanks for the tip on using cottage cheese instead of ricotta. It does make a good substitute!

I'd choose sugar free over fat free because this plan isn't necessarily a low-fat plan (although it does focus of "good fats" over "bad fats") but a large part of the philosophy is keeping your blood sugar stable by not eating a lot of simple carbohydrates (or eating them in conjunction with proteins), including plain, old sugar.

Hope that makes sense. It's midnight here and I've been pre-preparing for Thanksgiving all evening so my brain is a bit shot.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks Kara. Yes that does make sense. I notice you are in So Korea. Don't know where you are from originally, but I bet you are a long way from home so I hope you and DH have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Patty

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-20-2007 at 10:09 AM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Thank you, Patty! We are originally from New Jersey. Tom's in the Air Force so for now, "home" is Asia. Three months, three weeks, and three days and we'll be in Germany...about half a world closer to home!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Patty, definitely go with the sugar free. If you have to use full fat dairy products, just don't use as much. If you eat the sugar you will probably start to have cravings, and that will make it very hard to stay on plan. If you eat the fat, you won't crave, though your loss may be slower, but that is okay. And be careful about lowfat products in any case - sometimes the fat is replaced with sugar. The only lowfat/fat free stuff I buy is milk, yogurt, cheeses, and the reduced fat triscuits. Stay away from lowfat/FF salad dressings and mayonnaise.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote