South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #16  

Brian doesn't know about it yet. He left this morning for a two night, three day field trip with the fifth graders for school and I didn't want him to know before he left. I expect he will be upset and probably angry at me. I worry about how this will affect him. It might have been better off for him if I could have just lived this way until he was a teenager but I just couldn't take it any more.

I really worry about whether Robert will be able to find a job but I am truly hoping that this forces him to. It's hard for him to find one when he hasn't worked in 6 years and is 51 years old and obese but if he needs one bad enough, I am hoping he find something.

I am eating but I don't have much of an appetite so I have been eating a more normal portion, I guess. And I have stayed totally OP. I'm down 7 pounds on the month so far. At least I hope my doctor will be happier when I see her for my physical. I do need to schedule that. My blood pressure has been up and she may need to up my lisinopril until I get passed the stress. I hoping to get to the gym after work as that always helps. I didn't want to stay at the house all evening tonight with Brian gone so I'm going with friends to their Pack meeting and out to dinner with them afterwards. Tomorrow night is the Roundtable staff meeting so that will help.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, I'm glad you're planning things so you can stay busy and not have to be alone in the house with DH and w/o Brian. It's a hard thing to go through--but even though some may disagree with me, I do think that the best thing for kids is for their parents to be happy. Not only does it give them a better life too, but it shows them that they deserve the right to be happy in their own lives and that they should stand up for what they need. One thing I saw on Oprah earlier this month was about the need for parents to not only tell their kid(s) about the divorce and why it was happening (i.e. "It's nothing to do with you"), but that it was essential for the parents to tell the kid(s) together. It was really interesting. The theory is that kids who don't hear about it from their parents in a way that they can understand and in a forum where they can ask their questions, end up feeling a lot of hurt and guilt which turns to rage and ends in bad/criminal behaviors Not sure I'd go that far, but I think it probably is important. You do such a great job of parenting, Barb, that I'm sure you'll handle it in the best way. I'm glad that you're able to stay OP, just don't forget to eat. When your body is stressed, it needs all the nutrients it can get.

Good to see you, RN! Congrats on a successful P1! You're not kidding about an early start... Yikes!

Gonnabe, this is such a hard time of year for so many, especially those that recently lost a loved one. Let yourself cry, hon. You need to let the grief out so you can heal. We're all here anytime you feel like talking about it.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #18  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Barb thoughts & prayers for you and Brian

Laurie thank you, you are so kind. I love it on this site just cause there are people like you.

So DH emailed me and he wants to go to Kohls 50% off sale that runs til midnight so I guess thats what we will be doing after workout & dinner. It's kind of good for me as do need to do some christmas shopping.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Hope everyone had a great day.
Barb I'm thinking of you and hoping you are O.K.
Gonnabe I know EXACTLY how you feel. This will be the second holiday season without my dad and I have been crying at everything for the past 6 weeks. Laurie is right you have to let it out.

Well, dinner last night was great but my life overall became more stressful than I can handle and I of course made the cardinal mistake. I ate WAY too much and had several things I definitely shouldn't have had. Now I am trying desperately from falling back into habits and perpetuating the cycle by eating badly again tonight. Thanks to tremendous stress at work and even more at home I now have a carb hangover, not liking my job, etc, headache. Here's hoping for a happier tomorrow.
Closed Thread