South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Unhappy New to this forum and need help!

or maybe just encouragement from someone with a similar experience. I started on SBD 4 weeks ago. I did great the first 2.5 weeks, lost 12 lbs. Then I bounced up 1.5 and back down for a total of 13. Now however I seem to be going back up! I was up 1 lb Saturday and 2.5 today (I know I shouldn't weigh that often). I'm being as good as ever, no cheating at all! I started on P2, had 2 apples last week and a glass of wine. Now I'm afraid to even eat that! Has anyone else had that experience? Will I get back on track if I just stick to it? I keep assuming that if I just keep doing what was working things will start moving again.

Help!
Cyndi
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey Cyndi! Welcome to the beach! Congrats on your loss so far!

I have three questions for you regarding your progress; 1) are you eating big portions of everything, 2) are you eating your SB-friendly snacks and 3) are you working out at all?

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-29-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi!

You seem to be doing great! Don't worry about your weight fluxuations, as long as you are staying true to plan. It's going vary day-to-day. You'll get a much more accurate reading if you set aside one day each week to officially weigh in, preferable first thing in the morning. In the meantime, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, cutting down on sodium, and getting in the recommended servings of veggies, beans and dairy every day.
Check out our FAQ section, too, for more ideas and suggestions.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:20 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach.... how are your clothes fitting, do they feel looser? Sometimes I find that the inches are going but the scales are not. Have you measured yourself. We do have a sticky for inches lost, you may want to track that as well. Keep up the good work, sometimes our body takes a bit to adjust from ph 1 to ph 2.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Cyndi! Don't pay that close attention to the scale as it will have you mad some days. Like the rest said how re your clothes fitting & how do you feel is going to be the best way of monitor. Hang around here and hang in there all will come in due time
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Welcome Cyndi! I see you don't have your stats posted. How much are you looking to drop? You are doing great! Don't let the daily weight scare you. You will find several things factor into that like others have mentioned, water intake, salt intake, bodily functions (ah yes the ole bathroom stories)! That transition into P2 can be scary, but you have come to the right place for questions and support! Keep up the good work!

Also as Little Chick said, I recommend taking measurements if you haven't yet (that is one thing I didnt do at the beginning and wished I would have). You may be suprised at dropping inches but not pounds. I know that has been the case with me even now as I am maintaining. Good Luck!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Thanks! That was just what I needed

I think I've figured out how to add the weight info so it should show up this time.

Let's see - I'm eating lots of vegetables. I actually love veggies so though the planning is more effort I'm enjoying the meals. I haven't taken measurements but will tonight. And I'm afraid exercise is my weak area. I've set a small goal of 15 minutes a day and even that isn't happening every day. I've got lots of excuses, but mostly I just don't make it as much of a priority as I should.

thanks for the support!
Cyndi
Old 10-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cyndi, I agree with everyone here...sounds like you're doing what you need to do. Just keep going and I'm sure you'll see some changes soon! I'm a big promoter of exercise - it helps me a lot - so congrats on getting it in when you can!
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:26 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Cyndi!

I agree with the chicks--weighing once a week will give you more accuracy, measuring is a great tool, and exercise is key.

I spent most of my life either dieting OR exercising, but never doing both. Even though the fact that SBD took away my cravings had a HUGE impact on my loss, I think the fact that it was the first time I dieted and exercised at the same time, was a major reason for my loss. The truth is, it's a LOT easier to exercise more than it is to eat less...and it has a major impact. The cardio you do helps rev your metabolism and weight lifting helps you gain more muscle, which in turn revs up your metabolism even more and makes you physically smaller (if you are also burning fat), since fat takes up more room than muscle.

Why not post a sample menu for us so we can take a peek and see if something is getting in that is making your loss harder. Two apples and a glass of wine shouldn't make a huge difference, even if you find that they aren't the right thing for you.

You might also want to check out the What is Your P2 Combo? thread in the FAQ for lots of great advice and suggestions.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Well today I tried PB oatmeal for breakfast. It seems to have caused my late afternoon food crazies to come back though. Late afternoon (on the way home from work) has always been the time I'm most likely to eat something horrific, like most of a bag of chips (I didn't today!).

I was down to 200.6 today (my regular weigh in day) so I'm still on track. At my weight I would like to see more than 1.8 lbs in a week though! I'd also really, really like to break that 200 barrier!

Today's food:
Breakfast - serving of Irish oatmeal with 2T almond butter; snap peas

lunch - leftover concoction of tempeh, peppers, sumer squashes, mushrooms, tomatoes with Mexican seasoning and a few thin slices of LF cheese melted on top

afternoon snack - 3 pickle halves

dinner - mashed cauliflower with a little parmesan cheese; 1 garlic boca burger

I drank at least 10 glasses of water to wash it all down.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the beach!!!! WTG on the weight loss so far. You'll be over that 200 mark in no time.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote