South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Hump-Day Chat

Good Morning,

This week sure is flying by fast! I think it's finally supposed to stop raining later today, it's been coming down steady since Sunday and we're getting pretty soggy around here.

Yesterday the girls and I spent the afternoon at a friend's house. She's a nanny for 2 boys the same ages as my two, so the kids all had a good time playing. I'm taking Amber with me today, and the girls are excited about that. So am I, maybe it'll give me a little free time.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hope everyone has a great day.

Cottage- I love it when the kids get a play date and I get one as well. Enjoy your day. I hope the rain stops. The weather has been lovely here.

Me- Not to much, getting excited, I have a reunion this weekend with the girls that I hung out with in high school. There are 7 of us getting together, a few I have not seen in 20 years. It is going to be a blast.

Well gotta to dash I will pop back in later.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Cottage! Sounds like you have a fun day planned. . .I hope you get some You time!
I have been up since 5 with a raging headache. . .Tried to go back to sleep no dice. The kitty is enjoying me being up and having me to himself he's lounging behind the laptops. Today is day 1 Ph1 and I think I'm all set I'm going to PEapod some groceries today and get them delivered maybe thurs/friday depending on work. I worked out Monday and tuesday! today i'll do my 15 min WATP between getting home and going out with the girls I'll be having tea and water no goodies!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LC that sounds like a lot of fun !
Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, enjoy that free time and send some of that rain my way, ok????

When we went to a farmer's market the other day, I was in search of some tarragon plants, but the herb lady had just sold the last one. She told me her sister lived in my town and the next time she came to town she would bring me some. She called yesterday and had 2 gorgeous plants for me. I used some leaves to grill some fish with and it was so fantastic. Today I'm going to use them with some chicken. It adds so much yummy flavor!! Guess I'll be on a terragon kick for a while.

Nothing fun planned for the day...just work here, then school, then more work here, cooking, laundry and then the gym. I have NEVER liked going to the gym before..I hated it. But now I time it so I can watch the news while on the treadmill and it has become the highlight of my day. That's a little sad, huh? I try to go a few minutes earlier every day to add minutes to my "walk". So, now I get to watch a little of "Oprah" before the news comes on. It takes so little to make me happy. Guess one of these days I'll work myself up to Oprah and the news.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hey Chick and KO...guess we were all posting at the same time...have a great and productive day!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 AM   #7  

Driving by..... slept a bit later than I should have.....
Old 08-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and pass the coffee!

I slept in too! Woke to a brilliant red sunrise that changed into misty rain by the time I let the Girls out. We need the rain badly around here - the peonies are wilting a bit and they are one tough plant!

Donna comes shortly to clean and I also need to get the garbage to the road so I'll be back later.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, feeling kind of yucky this morning, I woke up in the night with a sinusy headache starting. It's the first one I've had since starting SBD. I'm sure it's all the airconditioning - I'm not accustomed to it, since I don't have it at home. I was freezing in the meeting room yesterday. I snorted some Zicam and took a couple of excedrins, and it's much better this morning. I hope I headed it off. Luckily, I still carry my headache stuff with me! I will drink lots of water today, that seems to help too.
Morning Ruth and Kiko, have a great day!
femme, that sounds yummy, I love anything that has that anise-y flavor. I love to bake a whole fish stuffed with lemons and fennel seeds. How do you use the leaves to grill fish - do you put them in a marinade?
KO, hope our heads get better! I would love to peapod, whenever I look at Giant's website to make my grocery list, I am jealous, but they don't deliver out my way yet. I do most of my shopping online, and the day that I can do my groceries that way too, I'll be a happy camper.
cottage, hope you have a little time off today.
littlechick, what a fun weekend to look forward to! Girl get-togethers are so fun.

I am really being bad, I need to shower quick and get out of here or I'll be late for the meeting, bad form. Although yesterday I was on time, and they started half an hour late.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies. Anyone have a cuppa to spare? I'm sleeepy.

Cottage, hope you dry out! It's been pretty soggy here too.

LC, have fun at your reunion! What are you planning to do?

KO, hope that headache disappears soon.

Femme, that's great that you're looking forward to the gym! I wish I could get myself into the same mindset. And congrats on that hipbone!

Kiko, have a great day at school!

Ruth, I'll gladly send you some rain for your peonies! I have at least three buckets from wringing out my pants every morning after taking the dogs out.

Schmoodle, wishing you an ache-free head too. I'm not a big fan of AC myself, and my boss keeps it cold enough for penguins in the office. I actually have to run a heater under my desk to keep from getting frostbite.

Me, getting my hair done today...woo hoo! Other than that, just trying to hold at 130. Everyone at the office wants to "go out to lunch" before I go, and it's hard staying OP at the places they choose. Yesterday I really needed Indigal with me to navigate the buffet. Friday they're throwing me a pizza/beer/cake party (cake is my fav!), but hopefully we'll go out dancing afterwards to burn some of that off!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #11  

Good Morning Girls,
Well today is week 3. I have lost a total of 11 pounds! Of course I wanted it to be all gone yesterday. I was really proud of myself last night. I had quilt guild and didn't have any sweet treats, and went home to birthday cake for my daughter and didn't have a piece of it. That was really hard, but I did it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day, stay cool, it is to be up to 100 today and tomorrow here.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

BK!!! Congrats on the cake abstention you are doing great!
Betty I'll slide you a coffee Resist the beer and cake and just DANCE!
Schmoodle I LOVE Peapod!! the produce can be iffy but the convenience is outstanding Shoprite does it too! Mind the AC that stuff kills me!
Morning Ruth and Kiko!
Cat You inspired me to try to make it to our lil farmers market here today!! I'll gladly slide you some rain!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Hump Day Chicks!

I agree with you, Cottage, this week does seem to be going by fast. Makes me happy, though! Sounds like you may get to relax today - hope you enjoy it!

LC: What an exciting night! There are a lot of girls from high school I'd love to hang out with again. Have a great time!

KO: How great that you have a delivery service for groceries. I would love to have that! Lucky! Have a great day and a wonderful workout with Leslie and her gals!

Hello, Kiko and Ruth! Have a great day!

Schmoodle: I hope you continue feeling well! I'm sure that A/C can take it out of you if you're not used to it!

Betty: What a nice group of people (it's your current job, right?). Hope they don't force too many goodies on you!

bkstitch: Congrats on your 11 lb loss! WTG! It's awesome that you were so strong yesterday; keep it up!

As for me, just work today, meeting with my trainer at 5, and working on some yard stuff. The roses need trimming and their beds cleaned out, I have a plant that needs replanting, and I need to clean up under the carport. I hope I can get it all done tonight.

Finally met with doctor about PCOS treatment. I'll be taking Metformin for a month and then we'll do more blood work to see what that does. She warned me to be careful as the stuff has a tendency of making women super-fertile. Yikes! DH and I don't like to be careful! The other thing is that I have to make SURE that I eat my recommended amount of calories every day. DH is really worried about that. I usually don't get but 75% of mine when I'm on P1. We'll see what happens!

~Kim
Old 08-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #14  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Think happy thoughts for me, girls! I was supposed to catch my train at 5AM this morning on my way home from Nebraska to Boston. I got to the train station at 4:30 to find out that my train was delayed 10 hours! Now, it's made up a lot of time en-route but it's still expected to get into Chicago right after midnight- 2 hours after my connecting train is leaving! Now, before they've held the train from me, and since my connecting train is going on to Albany which connects with NYC and Boston, I feel like there will be many people on my train (a double decker!) trying to make that connection. Amtrak won't give me anything and there is only one train a day from both Chicago to Albany and Albany to Boston!! I really NEED to get in tomorrow because my mom is flying in Friday to move me into college, and she is really pissed off that I might not be there for her first day (she's staying until Wed). I have a real phobia of flying and don't have my typical pre-flight anti anxiety meds with me so I can't fly- plus it's almost $400 for a one way ticket! Please think good thoughts in hopes that my train isn't any later and that they hold my connecting train! The time they held it before in Washington, there were only about 10 of us but the train was only an hour late- I don't know if they'd hold it for 2 hours (but maybe because last minute hotels in Chicago for them to put us up in are NO cheap!).

With all this stress, I'm trying not to eat everything out of my friend's apartment but I've already raided the M&M jar! Gah....
Old 08-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon all. I've finally made it in - Had a consult with the 2nd neurosurgeon this morning. Really irked me. Everything we talked about, could've been discussed over the phone! He wouldn't listen to me, or answer my questions. He kept saying "It's not your back, it's a nerve in your hip. I'm off the hook!"

So, 2 hours wasted, parking fees, and now I've got to some how try to make up the time at work! Not a good day for me!

I've already broken down and had a Buffalo Chicken wrap for lunch. I skipped the cheese, and bleu cheese, and opted for a ww wrap and lite ranch instead. But the chicken tenders were still breaded

Well, time to try and get caught up on work! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!
Closed Thread