South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #46  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All You Phase 1 Chickies:

Today is Day 2 of my Phase 1 remediation. Yesterday went well. I made chili and taco meat yesterday. I really ate a lot (even though only 1600 calories actually) and wasn't hungry. I feel pretty good today and peed about 40 gallons it seemed. Wow, I must have been waterlogged after my dedadent holiday weekend!

My basic plan for the next few days is thus:

B: meat and eggs (if I have time) or a homemade latte (if I don't)
S: ham or cheese
L: a meaty home-cooked meal (chili, taco salad, meat with veggies)
S: fresh veggies
D: a SB frozen dinner -- Phase 1 friendly only

I'm running to the store in a few minutes, so we'll see what exactly I end up eating when I get home. Then it's off to work for a 10 hour day.

I hope you ladies are hanging in there!

L
Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #47  

Default 3 lbs down!!

Hi Chicksters!!
I'm now starting Day 4 of Phase 1.
Confession: I cheated yesterday. I know exactly what happened. My boss put out cookies and just by habit, each time I walked by the bowl I took one.
I was completely unaware I was even doing it...mindless eating. Well, that caused me to give in to an ice cream craving later on in the afternoon. It made me realize that sugar is definately a trigger for me. But that was yesterday, today is a new day. I'm really starting to feel better already and that's with only a 3 lb loss so far....I can't imagine what it's gonna be like when I'm at goal...

Preparing my menu and shopping correctly has made this so much easier. My husband is enjoying his dinners. They are South Beach recipes and he's not feeling like I'm putting him on a diet..

Have a great day everyone!!

Di
Old 09-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200?/191.5?/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi, my name is Laura and I'm new here and to the SBD. Just started P1
yesterday, and so far so good. I feel pretty good as eating bread and other "bad carbs" made me feel so tired much of the time, not to mention bloated. I had forgotten what mental alertness felt like!

Anyway, this 46 year old wife to a fantastic husband, and mother to a 17 year old young man is looking forward to a better life on the "beach" and being a part of this group.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:12 AM   #49  

Default Down another 1/2 lb!!

Woo Hoo.....that's 4 lbs since Monday

Welcome to the beach beachgirl!!!

Made the Jalapeno Turkey burgers last night from the Taste of Summer cookbook and they were great...my husband even liked them, but he had a roll with his....I can say that I didn't even miss it.

How are all of you chicks doing????????

Di

Last edited by didi123; 09-07-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #50  
Banishing the Belly

Hey Didi,

Funny you should mention cookies and ice cream... I fell off the wagon in an emotional "I need a cookie" moment at work yesterday then ALSO succumbed to ice cream on the ride home. It was all stress-driven. I need to get a handle on those issues. Or a new job. Glad you're back on track though. Let's keep going and kick this fat to the curb!

Otherwise, what I call Phase 1.25 is going well. I really do like the meat-and-veggie-centric meals. I find myself dreaming of shrimp and broccoli in garlic sauce and don't even miss the pasta that used to accompany it. I had a SBD frozen kung pao chicken meal yesterday. That really satisfies by Chinese food cravings. I only have about 4 that I eat (kung pao chicken, almondine green beans and chicken, chicken caprese, savory pork). All are P1 friendly. It sure beats cooking!

And HI LAURA! Welcome to this intrepid pack of beach babes all headed toward a healthier life!

Where is everybody else?!?

L

Last edited by Liannie; 09-07-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #51  

Hi Everyone...
Liannie -Looks like we are the only ones here now..
Welcome Laura!!

Well...it's day 6 for me and I'm lovin it....
Got on the scale and it's 5lbs down!!
Woo Hoo!!!

Hope all is well on the beach for everyone

Di
Old 09-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #52  
Banishing the Belly

Hey Didi!

WOOHOO! 5 lbs. down! You go girl!

L
Old 09-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #53  
viv

Thumbs up Me Too!

Posted a few questions on another part of the SBD board yesterday and today I'd like to officially join this gang. I couldn't find my book (I was a WW loyalist) but I found it last night so I'm 100% on board. I just need support.....am doing this with a friend at work but she has way less to lose than I do, so she won't be doing this for long!

So far so good - I work at a private school where the food is quite amazing - and the sweet options - even the fruit - are abundant. Fortunately, there is an amazing salad bar and even more fortunately I really like salad! Walking by the frozen yogurt machine will be hard.

So I am on day 2 and heading to the market later. Anyone know if hummus is allowed? It would appear to be but I can't find it in the books or in the GF GC guide.

I have to be successful. As I said in my other post I have really been filled with self loathing about the weight I have gained - need to lose at least 30. I have too many great clothes in my closet!

Cooking at home will be tough - two teenaged boys and a DH. Total carb lovers. Today DS made a garlic bread and the smell totally killed me. Why can't they just inject some teenaged boy metabolism into us? Would make it way easier....

Will try to post daily. Today's menu so far:

2 oz RF cheddar (was tag saleing on the go!)

1 c Plain yogurt w/ 2 splenda

Black bean salad with onions, tomatoes & olive oil & vinegar

I feel fine. I've done Sugarbusters with success so completely understand this concept. Now if only my BODY would understand it!

Good luck to all, I look forward to chatting more!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #54  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm back on the Beach now. I tried to start again back in March but found it a bit to challenging when I was dairy-free. My DD has now outgrown her dairy sensitivity and I'm ready to get going again!

Today I'm putting together my weekly menu and will start Phase 1 tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #55  

Viv - hummus is listed as good in GFGC. It is in the dip section and the serving size is 2 TBSP. I used it during phase 1. Some are healthier than others so read the ingredients.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:43 AM   #56  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Red face Good Morning Ladies!

Good Morning all. Am jumping back on the beach tomorrow. Have my shopping list and meals planned for the week. I am making a promise to myself to look good for Christmas. DH is going to give it a go as well!

I saw someone mention a recipe for a taco bake in one of the other threads. Does anyone have a recipe for this?

xo
Old 09-09-2007, 06:12 AM   #57  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach! It's nice that your DH is joining us too!
Check out our recipe Forum - Taco Bake is a Sticky in the Phase I entries.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:51 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 250/242/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm back on the Beach too. Started Tuesday. Yesterday was not good. Cracker Barrell just opened in our town this last week. We had Brunch there. Breakfast was good, but .... I had eggs, bacon and.... biscuit, gravy, hashbrown casserole and grits. Talk about carb overload!!!! But.... I was able to resist the ice cream later. Oldest DD had a choir party, DH and youngest DD went on a motorcycle ride. Normally, when everyone is gone, I will eat - not good things. I went to Wally World to get milk, etc. Looked at the ice cream, but didn't get any. YEAH for me!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 200?/191.5?/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everybody! Day 5 on P1 and the headachey feelings I had the past couple of days seem to have dissipated a bit--yeah!!! So far, so good in staying away from things I need not have on this phase. Even when DH innocently offered me fruit and popcorn, I said no. Then explained to him (I hadn't really told him that I was doing SBD yet) that fruit wasn't allowed yet.
Then last night....that was hard. My ladies' group from church meets once a month and our food theme for the night was baked potatoes, we brought the toppings....so, knowing this well in advance, I was more than psyched to brave the setting and just ate toppings (they were all on the foods to enjoy list), in moderation of course. Plenty of broccoli, small amount of taco meat, tomatoes, sprinkling of bacon bits, a little cheese and a small dollop of sour cream. Was quite yummy. Of course people noticed that I didn't have one of the whopping potatoes they were consuming. I just told them that it was a thing I'm doing (I hate telling people I'm on this or that diet---just would rather that john q. public didn't know--helps keep the diet police away--at least didn't want to mention it practically right out of the gate so to speak).

Anyway it went well, even when the desserts were pulled out. But I am glad I'm back home where it's relatively safe. Whew!

Viv--hi and the hummus is mentioned in the phase one menues (there's a recipe for homemade hummus in the book, but in the menu it states that store bought is fine).

All for now--have a great day on the beach!
Laura
Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #60  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Here goes day 1 on Phase 1, I started off with an omelet with salsa and a little bit of low fat cheese.

This will be the first time I've ever done P1. Last time I did SB (a few years ago) I skipped P1 because I was nursing. I'm still nursing but both of my nurslings are older, the younger is almost 14 months so I feel I can safely do P1 now. I may make some slight modifications if I think my supply is dropping but I'll just see how it goes.
Closed Thread