South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #1  

Unhappy back with my tail between my legs..

Hello everyone, old and new

Some of you may remember me.. It's probably been a good year since I've been on the beach..

Last fall I went back to school to work on my nursing degree.. and before that things were hectic with work and I just completely fell off the wagon.. causing me to gain back the 65 lbs I had lost, PLUS an additional 30 or so lbs (like I needed the extra baggage).

I had a physical 2 weeks ago as part of the nursing program requirements, and I was shocked/devastated when my doctor told me I weighed 275 pounds.. All that weight on my 5'2 frame! That's the most I've ever weighed in my life, and I'm disgusted by it..

She did a lot of testing to see if there were any huge changes inside my body, not just the noticeable outside ones. My blood pressure is normal, my cholesterol is fine, but she said my blood sugar was borderline. She wants to recheck it in a couple weeks before saying I'm Diabetic -- but she made it very clear that I'm headed straight for diabetes.

So I've come crawling back with my tail between my legs, and more than 130 lbs to lose. I'm on day 2 of Phase I and it seems like a daunting task, but being involved with the boards last time helped tremendously with me dropping so much weight.

I'm sorry if I've missed out on any huge events in your lives, your victories and losses... I promise to be around more often and offer support to those who had given so much to me
Old 08-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back, Firefly. So nice to see you again.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Tracy

Welcome back girl. Most of us have come crawling back, tail between legs, at some point. In fact, I think I hold the 3FC record for it.

Sometimes it takes a kick in the pants to get us going back in the right direction again. You know you can do this, and you know all of us will be here to help you through your victories and losses.

Forget the past and focus on the future! The weight will come off before you know it.

Lisa
Old 08-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #4  

Welcome back Firefly! We are all on this journey together girl... so jump back in. It helps me tons when I am posting daily, so just hop back on your towel and join us.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #5  
RNMOM

Default Hugs

I remember you Firefly!!!! I too am back after an absence and some poundage.

You can do this, as I recall you were very motivated before. Hang in there and get through phase 1 and you'll be so glad you did!!!

Congrats on the nursing degree thing.......there are days when I wonder what I was thinking....a lot of insanity in the ER, but it's OK and I'll NEVER want for a job.

Hang in there, you know you can do this.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi fireflynova, I've seen some of your posts in the old threads. It's great to have a chance to chat with you.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! Sounds like you've got some good motivation to get you going. Always better to do this with a team!

Kara
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Tracy, and welcome back! I still remember you!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #9  

Welcome back! I certainly remember you.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #10  

If your tail is between your legs, I am right there with you. I am so bad, I have not only gained weight but I lurk on the boards. And I see these wonderful women who remember you (as I do...wondering if you remember me) who are all at weights where I once had goals and I kick myself. Kick kick kick myself.

So I am back too, sitting on the beach wondering if I will ever make progress. I am keeping my siggy from the beginning of the year below...I weighed in this am at 215...so not in the right direction!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #11  

thanks for the warm welcome everyone I'm very happy to be back, and my body is thanking me too!

My only problem is we don't have a working scale haha, I took my starting weight and the scale pretty much died after that.. (maybe there's a weight limit for it haha) so I'm stuck until go get a new one wondering if I'm losinggg!

Thanks again ladies!! :]
Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

back Tracy and Jen. It's better to come back with your tails between your legs than not coming back again. In fact I believe I see two towels on the beach with your names on them. Again welcome back and good luck on your journeys .
Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome back girls.
Closed Thread