South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #1  

Default I'm invading your beach!!

Hi All! I am about to embark on Round 2... of SBD. The first time around after a BP scare and newly heard heart murmur (both related to a high level of chronic pain and about 40-50 steroid injections related to my injury)... it was enough to send me out that night to purchase The SBD Heart Program book. I started it three days later on a Monday (of course!!) and following it somewhat religiously, in two months I lost 35 pounds. I have since had major cervical spine surgery almost one month ago (bone taken from my hip and replaced bone in my neck at 3 levels). For the first two weeks after surgery my neck (incision, throat, esophagus, etc all sore from the 4" incision in my neck) prevented from me from eating much.

If I have gained any weight it is only a few pounds, but I am ready to throw my towel down on the beach again and get comfortable in the sand. I'm hoping you all will make some room for me!!!

I have a lot of weight to lose, and had considered WLS prior to finding out about my spinal surgery. I truly do not want to go that route. I joined SBD the first time around, but after lurking around here for the last few days, it seems to me that you guys are a very supportive bunch!

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #2  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome!!

Everyone here IS very supportive. I'm new here too, within the last week at least and I love it! Hope you do too! Good luck on your journey!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

to you 1 fat chick. I think you'll like it here, it's been a great help to me!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! You've certainly been through a lot in the last couple months! Hope your recovery is going well!!! We *always* have room for a new friend on The Beach!

Kara
Old 07-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome!!! I think you will like it here on the beach...Lots of Support and great ideas!!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2'

I'm new here, too and I love it. Welcome!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope your recovery is going well, and good luck!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

WELCOME TO THE BEACH. These chicks are great, you will get lots of support, with thie WOE and when support is needed that is not weight related. you will love it here.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #9  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi there! I'm new here as well. I'm so pleased to find such a supportive place. I've been busy ready through some of the messages and looking forward to joining the group!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #10  

Default WoW!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the warm welcomes. It is always so wonderful to see such a diverse group of people when becoming involved in a forum (I participate in many with regard to my spine problems). I was equally as happy noticing that while we all deal with our own issues with our weight, whether we feel we need to lose 10 pounds or 110 pounds, that several people, such as myself, have a higher number to lose. One of these days I'll get my nerve up to post my weight - probably when it starts going down again!!!

Thanks again everyone. I absolutely love this site, the people and all the great info!!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Late as always.......

Newbies!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. These girls are awesome. It's not only a food support group, but pretty much a life support group. Lots of questions answered, lots of cyber-hugs, lots of recipes shared, lots of encouragement given.... just an all-around great place to be. You don't find such great girls on many forums. Trust me, I've looked. (I've been on WW for awhile now but I couldn't do it without my SBD girls!)
Old 08-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

One! Glad to have you with us...you sound like such a strong and courageous chick, after all that surgery and still sticking with it! YGG!!!

Hope you continue to heal and that the healthy eating helps you along the way. We're here to help too and are glad that you've joined us! BTW, you can always make a ticker that just shows how much you have to lose and how much you've lost, rather than sharing your actual weight. You know, like it would say "Pounds lost" and then show a ticker from 0 to the pounds you want to lose, like 120, and then show that you've lost 35. Tickers can really help you feel good and help us support you when we see it change.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

to NolesChick as well! Glad to have you with us! Start a new thread with an intro about you so everyone else can welcome you, hon!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

pull up your towel and join us at the beach. You will love it here the support is great and everyone is very friendly
Closed Thread