South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #1  

Exclamation question from newbie--thanks in advance!

I am on day four of phase 1 and I feel so lousy. I am experiencing headaches, fatigue and just a general blah. The blueberries my family picked this weekend are calling to me from the fridge. I just look at them and eat another freakin' piece of turkey. Have any of you been able move directly into phase two and still lose weight. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #2  
South Beacher

Height: 4'10

I skipped P1 because I have T2 diabetes and P1 really messed w my blood sugar levels. I've had success at losing. I just eat the good carbs and normally just 1 time a day I have ww bread.

Good Luck!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #3  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

If you eat your dairy and beans on Phase 1 it helps the "P1 flu." If you go straight to Ph2, you will probably lose, but you may not have as much success with cravings. Ph1 really helps get rid of sugar cravings.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM   #4  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

What do you suggest for beans? Soy beans? Regular beans? I have never made beans that didn't come from a can.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Try black beans from the can if you don't cook them..they aren't too bad!!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Beans from a can are just fine. Try black beans cooked with peppers and onions, sprinkled with LF cheese and a dollop of LF sour cream. MMMMM! Check out the phase 1 entrees board as well, there are lots of beans ideas (including bean brownies!!).
Old 07-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

The idea of Phase 1 is to get rid of the body's dependency on those simple carbs, and the cycle that eating more simple carbs causes you to crave more simple carbs. It's a "detox" of sorts, and it really does work. The weight that comes off in Phase 1 isn't necessarily the goal of the restrictions on foods during those two weeks, but it is a nice bonus (although you should realize that it's mostly water and not fat that you're losing during that time). I didn't realize how much I was a slave to those cravings. Yes, I am in control of what I eat and I can make smart decisions, but it is so much easier to make those good choices when I'm not battling the craving demons in my head!

Day three of Phase 1 was the worst for me. After that, I steadily felt better. My biggest struggle was with moodiness, though.

Only you can decide what's best for you and your family, but if I were in your shoes (and I was two months ago), I'd stick it out. It's only two weeks out of your life, and it could make a huge difference in your outlook on food!

Kara
Old 07-26-2007, 01:20 AM   #8  

Default Thank you for the advice

I've decided to hold out another day. Thanks everybody.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to the Beach, Seattleg!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I have to admit, I did P1 for 1 week, then I moved into P1.5 (Not quite P1, but not quite P2 either) I don't have the cravings at all.

For me, P1.5 is working well. I limit myself to 2-4 servings of ww bread a week. I won't have 4 servings each week. I also don't have pasta, rice, potato... I haven't had them in about 1 month, and I'm fine with that.

I've been dropping between .75 and 1 pound a day - sometimes less. The only times I ever feel hungry is on my way into work. So as soon as I get in, I eat my Light 'n' Fit yogurt - 40 cal/0 fat.

Good luck!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Just thought of this... another thing that helped me get past P1 flu - and I still do it...

I eat extremely slowly. A salad for lunch will take me 1 hour to finish. 4oz cup of yogurt - close to 30 minutes. For me, stretching it out makes me feel like I'm eating more. Usually, I don't even finish lunch. By the time I'm 30 - 45 min into eating, I'm about 1/2 way through and quite full.

I hate wasting food, but I tried smaller portions, and even though it took the same amount of time to eat it, I would finish it and want more... DH calls it a 'psycho' thing.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/167/144

I can so sympathize with you. I almost quit on day 3. I am so glad I didn't. I am now finished with Phase I and my energy level is so high. I have lost 2 pant sizes and 10 pounds. I fit into my pants from my senior high school days and they are loose. High school was about 10 years ago. I always saved those jeans because they were my favorite but now I can't wear them because they are so loose. Oh well I am not complaining. When I started two weeks ago I was in a tight size 14. I then got down to a juniors 15. The next few days I fit into a juniors 13 and today I just bought my first pair of juniors 11.

I have two children 20 months apart - age 2 1/2 and 1. It was so hard when my energy level was down those first few days. I was so moody and all I wanted to do was cry. My kids rarely sleep through the night so on top of the diet I was only getting 4 hours a sleep a day with no nap. I knew I just had to stick with it. My neighbor helped me because she lost 95 pounds on SBD. She went from a size 22 to a size 4. She was my inspiration.

I hope you feel better! I actually felt better when I made myself exercise even though I was exhausted. Good Luck to You!
Closed Thread