South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default TGIF - Chick Chat

Wakey Wakey eggs and bacy......Coffee and tea pot is on.....Rise and Shine.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:37 AM   #2  

Ahhhhh! Pass me the cawfee pot LC ! Last day of my first week back to work in nearly 2 years! and I'm exxxhausted
Yesterday I watchedsomesort of sailboat lessons out on the river..it was sooo cute to see all these lookalike boats following each other, and making near misses... they reminded me of little ducks following the momma duck for swimming lessons...
The team took me out to dinner last night, where I had all On Plan foods ... for me... The language that was slung about was blush worthy... then one guy got all red in the face and asked if I mind.. and (cover your eyes if you dont like swear words) I drolly replied "F**K no"... .......
hee heee!
I sure miss keepin up with the goins on in here... but I'll catch up with youse all this weekend!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick cluck through - I have a 7:30 meeting with my trainer and need to shower and dress. See y'all later.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:01 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schatzi, the boating lessons story really brought back memories for me. My parents sailed/entertained on their boat every weekend. When other kids were at "regular" camp of course I went to sailing camp and I loved it..all of us in little sunfish. I had a little dinghy my Dad towed behind our boat if we were going somewhere that we needed it to get to land when there were no docks. He rarely used it and it was "my boat". We lived in a boathouse for about 5 years till I was in 8th grade. It was a really cool place my Dad designed and the big sailboat was docked under it. One afternoon, Daddy and I took the dinghy out for a sail around the harbor, and a storm came up, so we decided to dock it (we were on the other side of the harbor then) We had just gotten next to the dock when a big gust of wind blew the boat over and we both landed in the water. We turned the boat over and were treading next to a dock that was too high for me to climb up. Daddy was under me trying to push me up so I could reach the dock to pull myself up when a teenaged kid about 15 or 16 came by and put his hand down to pull me up on the dock (I was about 9 or 10 then) he had just grabbed my hand and starting pulling when his mother comes by and yells "JUNIOR! JUNIOR! GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF THAT WATER..IT'S FILTHY!" Luckily, Junior didn't listen and got me out of the water..uh, the "filthy" water that had gone down my throat and I was completely submerged in.

Our family has laughed about that for years (gee, was that 40 years ago already?)

Well, about a year after Katrina, my Mother was here along with my Sister and BIL and we went to go check out the boathouse which Daddy sold years ago. I knew someone had just bought it right before the storm. It was pretty much destroyed and they had it gutted down to the studs to start rebuilding. We were standing outside and my BIL saw something floating in the water,so he laid down on his tummy on the dock to see if he could fish it out and my Mother, Sister and I both said at the same time "JUNIOR! Get your hands out of that water..it's filthy!". He looked at us like we were nuts.

Well, I've rattled on enough. Not much happening here today...work, then gym, then grocery store, then cooking then more work. Gawd, but my life is exiting, huh?

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-13-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cute story, femme!

I have to find something to make me laugh, the morning hasn't been going too well so far. I made a pot of coffee only to find I had a drop of my soy milk left and the skim milk was sour! Then my laptop lost it's wireless connection, and I can't figure out why. I'm on my desktop now, and it takes forever to do anything on it.

I've got to find something good about today -

Hey, it's FRIDAY! My vacation starts as soon as I leave Cindy's!!!!! Usually I travel with them, and it counts as part of my vacation, but this time I had the option of taking some time to myself since her entire family is renting a house in the Outer Banks, so she can manage without me this next week. I don't have any solid plans, but I will go to Cape May for a couple of days, and I plan to be entirely selfish and have plenty of "me" time. That's been on very short supply lately!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey good to see some of you chicks finally up, I though breakfast was going to get cold. I was surfing the web trying to find some email invatition sites? For a girls party I am having, anyone have any ideas.
Tonight I am going for a Hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. Yipee.
Well gotta to dash and get some laundry on the line cause guess what?
THE SUN IS SHINNING, I DON'T HAVE TO JUMP OFF THE ROOF TODAY.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #7  

Good morning!

Cottage You certainly deserve some "me" time!! My family goes to the Outer Banks every year- we haven't joined them the last few years and miss it terribly!

Schatzi It is good to hear from you! I am glad that your first week went so well. I am sure your DH can't wait to have you back home.

Femme Very cute story!

Ruth Hope that you have a good workout!

Me- Back on the computer to get this stuff finished up. I still have a bit to do, but hopefully I can knock it out this morning. Abigail has a playdate from 10-12 and then we have a birthday party from 3-5. It is a swim party, which I am not too excited about. I REALLY don't want to be in a bathing suit in front of all of these parents....

The good news is that Phase 1 is DONE and I lost 7 pounds. I am thrilled- my body really needed me to do a full two weeks and I have been on and off for months. It feels great! I am grocery shopping today, so will restock and add some extra things that I can now eat.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:29 AM   #8  

Morning LC! Thanks for getting us cranked up today. I am sure sunshine is the perfect way for you to end your week.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kiko ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!

L.C. ~ Can I come, too? A haircut, is it just a trim or are you getting a whole new hairstyle? Either way, enjoy your time at the salon, and thanks for the breakfast!

Ruth, Schatzi, !
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, girls!

I am in the middle of cleaning house but needed to take a break, and I'm glad to see you all are up and clucking so I can have a bit of a chat before I continue on with the drudgery. I wanted to go running tonight (WHAT?!) but it wasn't in the schedule...

Kiko, I'm so happy for you with your loss on Phase 1! It's nice to be rewarded with that big number!

Cottage, I am ever so jealous of your time in Cape May. Please plop yourself down on the beach, lean your head back a bit, close your eyes, and listen to the surf for me! And rock in a chair on the Chalfonte porch, too, if you will.

LC, I'm ecstatic to hear about your sunny forecast! Hope the kids play a rousing game of tag and tucker themselves out!

Cat, I LOVED your story! I have always wanted to sell everything we own and buy a boat to sail around for a couple years after Tom retires from the military, but I know nothing about sailing. Literally nothing. Like I don't even know what aft and keel and port and starboard mean. I don't even know if I spelled them right! Thanks for sharing about that memory, though. It was so neat to read!

Schatzi, I hope your next week goes as well as your first. I'm living vicariously through you, having adult interaction and all!

Ruth, hope your meeting with the trainer went well and she had some good ideas for non-knee-stressful things for you to do.

We had pizzas for dinner tonight. I bought tortilla shells and baked them in the oven at 200 (C) for about five minutes a side, straight on the rack, and then let the kids top them with whatever they wanted (they picked mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and cheese - I was so proud when they were piling on all those veggies!!!). EVERYONE loved it and we declared that Friday will from now on be Pizza Day!

Well, I should get back to the floors. The kitchen/big room needs to be swept and scrubbed and the bathroom needs to be given the once-over. Yulch. Bathroom. Usually I do it first, but the kids were getting their baths and there's no point cleaning it then, or I'd just have to do it all over again!

I'll check in again later.

Kara
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday the 13th!...Just cruising by to say hello! (Maybe that explains your day Cottage).
I've had a good day. Only worked a half day, so that was nice, playing in my yard, and getting ready to go for a walk...
Have a good day all!
kitty
Old 07-13-2007, 07:39 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Kitty, my picture of you playing in your yard is probably not at all accurate. You are not accompanied by a romping Lab and a drooly tennis ball, are you? Or a sandbox, bucket, pail, and collander? Or a jump rope?

Have a great night!

Kara
Old 07-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Well Kara, I have 2 dogs...neither of who care for balls... I have several raised garden beds and lotsa flower/plant beds and a "fish pond" ( It's a large pot I water proofed)with water plants and a 100+ tiny fish. I was weeding my raised beds today.

So yesterday I was lamenting no motivation for exercise, well this pix posted on the exercise thread, got me off my lazy butt! I thought I'd share this here, as several of you were feeling the same way as me. I've started walking, and will get back into yoga and free weights when I'm over my TOM. (Kara, I cannot write that now and not think of you and your DH Tom!) LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muscles.jpg (40.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 07-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

THAT IS GROSS! Thank you SO much for posting that, Kitty, and I am not being sarcastic! I think I will blow it up gigundo size and post it on my fridge and cabinets for when I need to stop the munchies!!!

Kara
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 AM   #15  

Good morning all - Kara I answered you about Jillian Michaels last night on the Thursday thread because of the time difference I thought you were on there. If you didnt get it let me know and I will start again.. no biggie... have a great day all...
Closed Thread