South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Fantastic Friday Chat - June 1

Good morning! -------->>> There you go, Cotttage!

I've had my coffee and am about to make a fiber shake to glum before I take off for my workout. I was a real slug yesterday and even went out for dinner with Claire and Doug! :evil: Today I just have to get my butt in gear and try to end the day with a feeling of accomplishment.

I'll check back in later. I hope your June starts well!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:50 AM   #2  

Greetings Ruthxxx. I too cheated last night with a rather sizeable piece of Cold Stone Creamery cake. Mom brought it up - she is my chief source of sabotage. I have to remember to keep a SBD cheesecake on hand or in the freezer for such occasions.

It's going to rain on and off all weekend - very hot. Had to have the town remove a large oak from my front lawn (on the street side so it was town property). The canopy was about 6 stories - awesome tree. It was split almost all the way down the trunk from the last Nor'easter and was about to fall either in the street or on our house.

TGIF.....Sue
Old 06-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Ruth, you know I was waiting for that!

It's another hot and humid day. Audrey's school play is this morning, followed by her class picnic. We plan to spend the rest of the day in the pool.
Have to run for now and make a salad for my lunch, no picnic food for me!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #4  

Shake Shake shake,shakeshakeshake shake yer Booooty, shake yer booty!

Ruth..a ???? for a day? You deserved a day of just being willynilly. Niggles are neverending!

Inlimbo: Sue!!! sorry to hear about the tree... I don't know why, I guess its an age thing, but I get a little sad when trees are gutted or uprooted by storms... I always wonder how old they are and of the history "they've " witnessed...weird huh

Cottage: spending a day poolside is my idea of a near puuuurfect summer day! Enjoy!

Today, I'm taking a looooong walk with the furbabies. A park near here has opened a trail where plants are all labeled and birdboxes line it.. then I may do a "cottagebythesea" and take my book to the pool

Tonight I'm making a turkey breast in lemon garlic marinade, with sauteed veggies. Sweet!
LaterGaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM   #5  

Happy Friday ladies!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #6  

Morning chickies!

Ruth I can't imagine you being too much of a slug, but if you were, you deserved it.

Cottage Sounds like a fun day planned! I am going to a little party my friend is throwing for the end of the school year. I am going to make a big salad myself to take. Then I will just stay away from the wine.

Schatzi That park sounds like a wonderful place for a walk. Enjoy! Your dinner sounds yummy as well. The Turkey and Black Bean Chili I made was super tasty, although not the most "summerish" of dishes, but it was good and filling.

Dolphin Good morning to you!

InLimbo Just get yourself right back on track today and don't fret too much over your slip up. Just don't let it turn into MONTHS of slip ups like I have and you will be great!!

Me- Made it through Day 1 of Phase 1 without a single slip. It has been SO long since I have had a great day of eating like that- it feels great! I need to hit my local market were I can get produce super cheap and fresh. That is my plan for this morning.

We have a fun and busy weekend planned. Tomorrow is our 6th anniversary, which will actually mainly be spent with our kids. My older DD has a t-ball game and then we have a fun, FREE, family event to attend in the evening. Then Sunday it is mainly church stuff. Vacation Bible School starts on Monday, so there is quite a bit to still finish up for that. I love summer! I have decided that teaching is the best- I am so looking forward to our summer, but then have the nice blend of heading back to work in August. Good blend of being at home with my kiddos and working as well.

Okay, everyone is up now- time to get some breakfast going.

Later gals!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning All!

Ruth: I hope your workout was great! Keep your chin up -- you're such an amazing woman -- I really look up to you!

InLimbo: Ugh, what a shame that tree split. I WISH we had trees that nice out here. That's one thing I miss about all of our old residences -- TREES!! We're cutting two down next week and I just hate doing it, but they've got to go! Cold Stone sounds like enemy number one!

Cottage: A dip in the pool sounds nice on a day like today! Enjoy the festivities at the school!

Schatzi: Dinner sounds delish! I need to take a page from the Schatzi book and walk the furbabies, too!

Dolphingirl: Happy Friday to you, too!

Kiko: Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun weekend for you and DH! WTG on day 1 of phase 1! It only gets easier after this!

ME: Things are going a little better for me. I'm still feeling a bit down in the dumps about not doing as well with my weight loss so far. It's looking up, though. I'll be working on my meal plan tonight and I'm going to try to get a workout in tomorrow morning.

The weekend promises to be good as it's our 3-year anniversary. Dinner and a movie, although we're not sure which one of the two we'll be seeing. Tomorrow morning I'm going garage-saleing with my friend from work. There's a huge city-wide one in the next town over, so I believe we'll be making the drive for that. It's just going to be rough getting up at 6 am on a Saturday to work out and get ready to go by 8. Blech!

Have a great Friday! It's FINALLY here!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm in a the middle of a work project and short on time this morning...need to make a deadline, but wanted to take a break and pop in and just say hey...no time for personals except to wish everyone a great TGIF. It has finally stopped raining here, so hopefully I can get this project done and get outside before it gets too hot and get some gardening done. I think it rained weeds for the last 3 days.
I have some chicken marinating that I'll stuff later on and grill. My husband is off and if I get my work done, we can just play this afternoon.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Howdy chicks. A quickie for me as well. This is DD dance show weekend. So I have been busy this morning doing house chores and getting costumes ready she has 8 changes. Clothes are all pressed and ready to put on. Kiddies are played, feed and napping so I have a minute to jump in the shower.
Hope all have a great TGIF and I hopefully will have more time tomorrow for chatting. Hugs to ya all.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #10  

TGIF! Have a great weekend!

**Ruth - what's a fiber shake?**

Happy Anniversaries, ladies!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Help

Okay, can somebody please help me. I am on day three of the SBD and I feel like crap. I don't know if this is normal or if something has gone wrong.
I woke up this morning and was all shaky (this has happened before when I wasn't on a diet and if I ate something with sugar, I felt better. Of course, sugar is not allowed on this diet. I thought Phase 1 was supposed to be like a detox phase, so I thought I would go through it and be fine. Silly me!) I also have had a headache and have had no energy all day and have been very tired. I've been sleeping off and on on the couch all day. I finally gathered up enough energy to bring myself to go to the computer. I still am lightheaded and shaky because I haven't given in. But, I'm getting close. I am also getting tired of having eggs for breakfast and I hate cottage cheese and spinach. So, I'm pretty much up a creek without a paddle. Can someone just help me here! Thanks.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #12  

mdv703 - Day 3 is usually the hardest day of detox. Make sure you are getting enough dairy (milk, plain yogurt) and eating beans. The taco bake recipe is wonderful on phase 1. You need the healthy carbs to make it through phase 1.

I've been swamped lately between work and Twilight Camp stuff. I got woken up by my pager this morning at 3AM and yesterday at 4:30AM. I'm going to turn my pager off tonight so I can get some sleep since I'm teaching Walking Den Leader training from 9-11 and Junior Staff training from 3-5. I am working Sunday morning but not until then (unless we have another outage).

Camp will be here on the 11th and there is still a lot remaining but I'm working through it as I can.
Closed Thread