South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #1  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Cool Weekend Wanderings - Chat March 31 & April 1

Good morning, chicks. Looks like I'm up first this morning, so I'll get the coffee brewing and water boiling. Eggs with spinach and turkey bacon is for breakfast. Grab a cup and a plate then join me at the table.

It's going to be a mostly rainy weekend here. My plan is to pull the van out of the garage and spend a majority of the weekend getting things sorted and ready to go for the garage sale we're having at my sis's on the 20th & 21st. I figure if nothing else, I'll start getting rid of the garbage that I've been hoarding for too many years!! I know there are at least a couple boxes of the ex's stuff that will go straight to the trash.

Sooo...what's on your agenda this weekend?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Overlap Weekend - March 31 & April 1

Since we are heading out of winter and into Spring, it seems so appropriate for the weekend to overlap. I am also feeling a bit of an "overlap" on the sides of this chair. March was not a good month for this old body but April will be better!

It's going to be a gorgeous day today although temps are below freezing right now. I did a garden inspection yesterday afternoon and my rhubarb is up! Comparing my garden logs from previous years, we're about ten days ahead this year. Come on Spring!

When it warms up a bit, I'm going to do some outdoor cleanup. The big holes in my lane are disappearing as my darling neighbour keeps throwing earth into them as the piles thaw. Never get your lane dug up in early February! I forgot to take my water in to town to be tested yesterday but it's on the list for next week. In the meantime I'm drinking bottled as my well water just doesn't taste right.

Tonight there is a 1950's murder mystery dinner theatre at the Long Horn. I begged off being in it but will go to watch. Unfortunately "dinner" will be burgers, fries and coke floats so I'll have to pass on that.

So what's a happening in your overlap weekend?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Jetsetter, we were posting in tandem. Your breakfast sounds great! I've no bacon but will settle for the eggs and spinach. Doesn't it feel good to tidy up and ditch crud!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:27 AM   #4  

Spring into ACTION!!!!! ok, well maybe after a mug or 2 of cawfee.

Jett: Spring and Garage Sales...go hand in hand! I love them.. Its a fun and $$$ to get rid of "junque" ... he heeee on the Exs stuff... good yer getting rid of his crapolah.

Ruth: Sounds like another full day on the Delta! That Longhorns is a hoppin place... I love going to murder mystery dinners and weekends... DH and I use to throw one a year -- get all dressed in our roles, and have a fun night of it.

A nice day fer a looong walk with the furkids, and some yard pruning is on the agenda...and of course..my nose in the books again..... Tonight london broil, string beans and a tossed salad at Chez Schatzis

fer you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Hello all -

I got up and did the elliptical this morning and plan to tomorrow as I have been to work early the last couple of days and most of next week and will neglect it some!

DH and I plan to go wine tasting this afternoon, to some wineries in eastern Ohio that we have never been to. All of our friends seem to be busy or out of town , so we decided we needed to come up with a plan on our own. The only "problem" is we tend to buy a lot of wine when we taste, but none has ever gone bad!

I will shower and then we will get lunch - scallop and veggie stir fry - before we are off for the afternoon/early evening. Tonight will probably be spent on the couch - ppssibly enjoying some of that wine!

Jet - very ambitious to clean the garage - but knowing some of the stuff can be sold is rewarding.

Ruth - a murder mystery - fun! We are planning on hosting one in mid-April with a few friends. I hope they dress up and get into the part!

Shatzi - enjoy a nice long walk as you take a break from studying.

Enjoy a great Saturday!
Ally
Old 03-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon!
I was here around 7 or so this morning, and I had posted a long, chatty post and tried to include a picture of my granddaughter Amber, showing off her new
smile after losing her first tooth. I somehow hit the wrong button and lost everything! This keyboard on my laptop is super sensitive! Anyway, by then Jake was ready to go out for breakfast and grocery shopping.

Jet, sorry I wasn't able to join you for breakfast, it sounded good. I had oatmeal with bananas and pecans and SF maple syrup at Cracker Barrel. Thanks for getting us started this morning. I'm gearing up for Yard Sale Season, too, I love poking around looking for some good buys. Good for you for finally ditching your ex's stuff!

Ruth, the forsythia's and daffodils are in bloom, it's starting to look like spring here, except that it's still too chilly for my tastes. They're even calling for highs in the low 40's for next week! Have a great time at the murder mystery dinner tonight, that should be fun!

Schatzi, sounds like you have a nice day planned. I'm itching to get back in my garden, but it's too cold and dreary out for that today.

Amasam, have fun on your wine-tasting jaunt today! We had a great time visiting all the wineries in the Finger Lakes region of NY over the summer, and I only have one bottle of wine left from that trip. We'll probably drink that for Easter. Hmmm, looks like I'll have to plan another trip!

Well, I have my Easter ham, so that's taken care of. We're having around 20 for dinner, but everyone is bringing a dish. I hope it's a nice day so I can shoo the kids outside! Jake always organizes an Easter egg hunt for them, and I prefer it to be outside.
It looks like it's going to be a quiet afternoon here. Monica is visiting her inlaws today, and my DIL is out shopping with her mother. They might stop in later this evening. I'm thinking about making either chili or minestrone for supper, it's a good day for that. Right now, though, it's time for a cup of tea and curling up with my book.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #7  

Hi all -

Jet Please send some of your cleaning/organizing vibes my way. I need to de-clutter in the worst way!

amasam scallop and veggie stir fry...YUM

Ruth I love murder mystery dinners. We used to do them all the time in high school drama club! How's that knee been?

Schatzers Mornin' (okay afternoon) sweetie...I am (still) so glad you are back

Me Well, I got some bad news yesterday. My position is being eliminated at work in 30 days. I really love this job and hate to see it go. I have a meeting with HR on Monday to discuss options. I work in a large bank, so it is very possible I'll be able to stay and work with another department. I'm trying not to worry too much about it this weekend...and just wait to see where I am after my HR meeting. I wasn't the only one let go, so I'm not rowin' the boat alone, ya' know. On a good note, as much as I wanted to, I did NOT go and buy a pint of Ben and Jerry's last night. I figured it wouldn't make me feel better because all that sugar would upset my tummy.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been up for a long time and have been out for caffeine, but have been unmotivated to do anything else
But, the good thing is it's not even 1 pm, so I have lots of the day left. I need to wash dishes and cook for next week. Tomorrow I'm going to dye some eggs. So all next week, I'll have pretty hb eggs for breakfast.

I'm sure I'll pop back in. to all

-Anna
Old 03-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #8  

Cottage we were posting at the same time...have a great day
Old 03-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #9  

Annarenee! That's such a shame about your job, I hope you can find another position at the same bank! You have a positive attitude though, and that should help a lot! Positive thinking really does work!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:15 PM   #10  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Afternoon, everyone. Good to see so many are out and about today.

Interesting Finds of the Day...
I ran across my ex's divorce decree from his first marriage...and the journal he started keeping right after. One would think he might need that decree, but oh well. TRASH!!!

Also came across his scuba gear and a couple boxes of books. Looks like garage sale fodder to me. I'm sure there's more to come.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Ruth I will be rutin' for ya this month. I am sure getting out in the garden will be a big help. It always kept my mind occupied.

Chez Schatzis Dinner sounds grand. I am having crab legs. How about we have surf and turf together?

Annarenee What a bummer about your job. My mom is going through the same thing. Being forced into a lifestyle change cannot always be easy to accept. Hopefully this will open the door for a better opportunity for you.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I had a good weigh in at the gym today. I am very happy with the results and much relieved. I am now only 7 lbs. away from seeing onederland. Boy this is hard work.

I see by looking at the trackers that we all have been working so hard. Since I am feeling positive for the moment and this is the last day of the month allow me to lead us in giving ourselves a cheer . YEA!!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM   #12  

Speaking of garage sales, we had our Cub Scout Pack garage sale today. We did wonderful and earned over $1000! That will go a long way toward pack expenses (and we fund a scholarship for a leader to go to Wood Badge). I bought a small copier for $20 that seems to work pretty well. I can use that toward Twilight Camp copying needs. It can be transported to the training sessions. I also got a wooden headboard with a metal Western scene in it. We're going to use it at camp since our theme this year is western.

I did get a bit sunburned. I just didn't think about sunscreen since we had several inches of rain yesterday and it seems like quite awhile since we had seen the sun.

I didn't make it to the gym since I worked from 6Am to 5PM with only an hour break for lunch. I do plan to try to get to bed early tonight. I worked until 1:45 this morning and had to get up at 5:15. I am not scheduled to work tomorrow morning.

Annarenee - Sorry to hear about your job. I hope you end up in a better situation.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:46 PM   #13  

Barb, that's wonderful that your sale was so successful! It's great that the rain cleared for it, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can have a restful day tomorrow. Get a good night's sleep and take care of that sunburn.

The sun finally came out this afternoon and it warmed up a bit, so I took the opportunity to work in the flower beds. It sure felt good to be working the soil and seeing new shoots starting to poke their heads up through the ground! No kids came to visit today, but they did call. I imagine they'll all show up tomorrow at dinnertime!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Happy April Fool's Day! or Poisson d'Avril in France where the trick is to pin a paper fish on someone's butt and let them walk around with it.

We had one of those purple and orange sunrises today which means rain is on the way. It looks like we are going to get those April Showers most of the week. Maybe I'll get more stuff done around the house before I tackle the great outdoors.

Church this morning, a bit more yardwork weather permitting and then Lucy and I are off to Kingston for obedience class. With an hour commute each way plus an hour class, I sure will lose a good hunk of my Sunday. However, it's one on one time for the furkid and she may benefit.

What's happening on your part of the Beach? I need to sit down after Church and catch up on yesterday's posts!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Just wondering in to say HELLO !!!! Happy Spring Y'all
Closed Thread